X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much thanks! Going to give this a look

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    I started with this XDA tutorial here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625

Comment

@Magendanz:
      Is there any chance you pack up an update.zip with latest recovery for Mini M8S p212 boxes please ?
      I've tried to edit one of those update.zip but keep getting "signed failure" issues, and renaming twrp to recovery.img is a no go with my box.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamse View Post
        Is there any chance you pack up an update.zip with latest recovery for Mini M8S p212 boxes please?
        Here you go: twrp.p212-3.1.1-0-signed.zip

This one I created from the latest U2+ Nougat build, but it should work for older releases too.

Comment

I am looking for the latest recovery for the BUZZTV XPL2000 box please?

Comment

A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Amlogic p21x reference boards (e.g. MECOOL M8S Pro+ running 64-bit Android 7.1.2) is available for testing here: twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0.img

Also, for devices that haven't yet been rooted, I've included a signed update here: twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip

To install the update, just copy the .zip file to an SD card, run the UPDATER app, hit Local Update and select the local .zip file. No need to wipe data or cache. The machine will reboot and install my TWRP recovery, just like an OTA system update. With TWRP now installed, you should be able to root the device using the recovery flashable .zip files for SuperSU or Magisk.

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.
            Been reading your post for a while, please can you help me with a working compatible TWRP for MSQ pro 4k,1g/8gb rom. Thanks

Comment

This one I created from the latest U2+ Nougat build, but it should work for older releases too.
            Please help my device is factory rooted nd incompletely rooted. Am looking for a TWRP to flash su. Then I can completely unroot. Help me

Comment

Guest the link you gave is dead. And secondly mine is P201 not P212. Thanks

Comment

Hi bro
              I have android dvb s2 with Amlogic S905D and recovery button, any way to install twrp and root it

Comment

hey bro can u help me, i already instal twrp from this link, and flash went succesfully but if i go to recovery is stuck to logo boot my android tv box
                my tv box model T6 with amlogic s905x p212. nougat 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by gamer01 View Post
                  hey bro can u help me, i already instal twrp from this link, and flash went succesfully but if i go to recovery is stuck to logo boot my android tv box
                  my tv box model T6 with amlogic s905x p212. nougat 7.1
                  Dude! The challenge with Nougat is that the device tree is in a separate partition, not contained within the boot image like with Marshmallow and earlier. That means that a generic TWRP build is less likely to work on every device based on the same reference board like it used to.

In short, you'll need to rebuild with the T6 kernel. The project is here: https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic
                  The build instructions are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625

Comment

Originally posted by abuzainalabedeen View Post
                    Hi bro
                    I have android dvb s2 with Amlogic S905D and recovery button, any way to install twrp and root it
                    Please help me if you can

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry, I don't have that device.

Dude! The challenge with Nougat is that the device tree is in a separate partition, not contained within the boot image like with Marshmallow and earlier. That means that a generic TWRP build is less likely to work on every device based on the same reference board like it used to.

In short, you'll need to rebuild with the T6 kernel. The project is here: https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic
                    The build instructions are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625
                    so what first can i must do, back to stock recovery then instal twrp with my t6 kernel or what.
                    can u help me to rebuild to my t6 kernel,. sorry i dont undestand step to recompile it.

Comment

Originally posted by abuzainalabedeen View Post

Please help me if you can
                      My device called icone s two
                      This is link for stock softwarehttp://www.icone.bz/downloads/Androi...p?id=stwo_1371
                      And this is link for information about this device

Comment

Who can help with this mbx m 201?
                        I've rooted it but I've tried to delete some app such as facebook, twitter and YouTube kids, they are deleted but coming back after some minutes!
                        I've tried to install any custom recovery but not sure which one to use.
                        I think I still can u use twrp app manager or flashfy app through normal system to flash custom recovery
                        now I can't boot to recovery mode, I would like to try twrp on here.
                        which one to use.
                        my device is little bit different, it's mbx m 201 & never saw MXQ word on there.
                        on the device itself written: smartbox smb 6300
                        but all other details are same:

PROCESSOR

CPU Architecture : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7)
                        Board : m201
                        Cores : 4
                        clock speed : 96 MHz-1536 MHz
                        Instruction Sets : armeabi v7a, armeabi
                        CPU Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tis vfpv4
                        CPU Governor : hotplug
                        Kernel Version : 3.10.33
                        Kernel Architecture : armv7

GRAPHICS

Renderer : Mali 450 MP
                        vendor : ARM
                        OpenGL Version : OpenGL ES 2.0

DEVICE

Model : m201 (m201)
                        Manufacturer : MBX
                        Chipset : Amlogio Meson8B
                        Baseband Version : Not Available
                        RIL Version : Not Available
                        Build Number : KOT49H 20160405 testkeys
                        Build Fingerprint : MBX/m201/m201:44.2/KOT49H/20160405 user/test-keys
                        OS Version : Kitkat (4.4.2,02.04.05 smartbox)
                        SDK : 19

DISPLAY

Resolution : 1280x720 pixels
                        Density : 160 dpi
                        Refresh Rate : 60 Hz

I've pictures and tried to upload but I don't know how to upload them here.
                        I think I should use the file ending with /abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_M8.img

Am I right?
                        Any help please.
                        Last edited by Alharthi6; 10-06-2017, 07:59.

Comment

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

What’s new in 2.8.7.0:
                          • Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
                          • Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
                          • Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
                          • Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
                          • Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
                          • Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
                          • Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
                          • Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
                          • Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
                          • Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

What’s new in 2.8.6.0:
                          • Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
                          • Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
                          • Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
                          • Keyboard improvements (_that)
                          • Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
                          • Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
                          • Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
                          • Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
                          • Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
                          • Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
                          • Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
                          • Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
                          • Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

What’s new in 2.8.5.0:
                          • Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme’s resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen’s resolution
                          • Backups can now be cancelled while the backup is in progress (does not include restore because we don’t want to leave your device in a bad state)
                          • Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
                          • Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
                          • Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
                          • Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
                          • USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
                          • Other small fixes and improvements

You can know more about TWRP in here.

All credits should go to Dees Troy and all TeamWin members.
                          I just compile their sources.

Install method:

- Download your image and rename to recovery.img

- Copy the image to your External SD, and boot while pressing the reset button. On TWRP screen select install->images pick recovery.img

Alternative method

- adb shell 'dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery ;sync;sync'

Issues:
                          On booting to TWRP you might get a screen with stripes, or fill with one colour. Just wait around 3 seconds that TWRP curtain will show.

Last Sync ->18/07/2015

Enjoy

Downloads

New on 2.8.7.0 version
                          • Backup of Data will backup InternalSD also, it will only skip TWRP and Downloads folder from internalSD.
                          • Backup/Restore functions are not compatible with previous versions
                          • There will be no entry in backup menu for internalSD
                          • On restore it will NOT wipe internalSD, but overwrite it. So anything newer/different than the backup will be maintained. Wipe internal storage if any issues arise.
                          • Fixed problem with 0 size and/or not showing partitions.
                          • There's 2 variants now due to HW revisions, check this post to choose
                          *** POSTS ASKING IF X IMAGE WORKS ON X DEVICE WILL BE IGNORE ***

I'm loosing count of images that i have and which ones work on what device, so here's all images from version 2.8.7.0 on wards.
                          And if you like it so much to the point that you want to buy me a beer.

With an assist from Guest, Guest has now built TWRP 3.1.0-0 for the following Amlogic reference boards:

q201: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
                          p212: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
                          p200/p200_2G: CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, the source is provided on GitHub here:

https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic[/QUOTE]

Please see my problem

Who can help with this mbx m 201?
                          I've rooted it but I've tried to delete some app such as facebook, twitter and YouTube kids, they are deleted but coming back after some minutes!
                          I've tried to install any custom recovery but not sure which one to use.
                          now I can't boot to recovery mode, I would like to try twrp on here.
                          which one to use.
                          my device is little bit different, it's mbx m 201 & never saw MXQ word on there.
                          I've pictures and tried to upload but I don't know how to upload them here.
                          any help please.

Comment

Working...
                          X