This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abdul_pt View Post
    [*]Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)[*]Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)[*]Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)[*]Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)[/LIST]
    What’s new in 2.8.6.0:[LIST][*]Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)[*]Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)[*]Add pattern style password entry
    https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic
    Who can help with this mbx m 201?
    I've rooted it but I've tried to delete some app such as facebook, twitter and YouTube kids, they are deleted but coming back after some minutes!
    I've tried to install any custom recovery but not sure which one to use.
    I think I still can u use twrp app manager or flashfy app through normal system to flash custom recovery
    now I can't boot to recovery mode, I would like to try twrp on here.
    which one to use.
    my device is little bit different, it's mbx m 201 & never saw MXQ word on there.
    On the device itself written: smartbox smb 6300
    but all other details are same:

PROCESSOR

CPU Architecture : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7)
    Board : m201
    Cores : 4
    clock speed : 96 MHz-1536 MHz
    Instruction Sets : armeabi v7a, armeabi
    CPU Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tis vfpv4
    CPU Governor : hotplug
    Kernel Version : 3.10.33
    Kernel Architecture : armv7

GRAPHICS

Renderer : Mali 450 MP
    vendor : ARM
    OpenGL Version : OpenGL ES 2.0

DEVICE

Model : m201 (m201)
    Manufacturer : MBX
    Chipset : Amlogio Meson8B
    Baseband Version : Not Available
    RIL Version : Not Available
    Build Number : KOT49H 20160405 testkeys
    Build Fingerprint : MBX/m201/m201:44.2/KOT49H/20160405 user/test-keys
    OS Version : Kitkat (4.4.2,02.04.05 smartbox)
    SDK : 19

DISPLAY

Resolution : 1280x720 pixels
    Density : 160 dpi
    Refresh Rate : 60 Hz

I've pictures and tried to upload but I don't know how to upload them here.
    I think I should use the file ending with /abdul_pt/aml/TWRP_M8.img

Am I right?
    Any help please.
    Last edited by Alharthi6; 10-06-2017, 07:58.

Comment

Hi all. I have 3 identical boxes to the Alfawise S912 H96 32/3Gb models (2xDDR4 1xDDR3) from Banggood.

I have experimented with many roms as well as the most recent delights from Superceleron. A box that was delivered a few days ago has a stock rom listed as 20170905 testkeys. It runs very smoothly and remarkably cool even on the stock heatsink. Not sure how they have achieved this but will do some further testing. I would like to test this rom on another identical box but couldn't find a TWRP that was recognised on the SD card during a power up boot I found another one for Atmelogic S912 chipsets ver 3.0.2.0 however the box again didn't read it from the SD card.

Question is there a TWRP for these boxes that can perfectly clone an image without errors.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

@Modelman
        I am looking for same answer. Did try more than a dozen diferent TWRP mods for s912 without any success. My box is DDR4 3-16. I am waiting for answer from
        abdul_pt to see what will happen.
        If I have success will forward this recovery img for testing.
        Best regards!

Comment

Yes I've tried a few and the box doesn't even pick up the TWRP image (re-named recovery) on the SD card. If someone can find a modified TWRP for the Alfawise or Banggood's H96 pro+ I'll make the image available for everyone to download and tinker with.
          I can't find this new 20170905 testkeys image anywhere but it is certainly an improvement on the past releases. Boots up from cold start super quick as well.

Superceleron with probably have the correct TWRP as he has been making images for the Alfawise with TWRP incorporated,

Comment

Sample project files and instructions on how to build your own TWRP are here: https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic

Basically, you just use the template that best matches your Amlogic reference board, replace the kernel and all the files in recovery/root with the latest versions from the stock recovery. There are some exceptions, which should NOT be replaced:

- init.recovery.amlogic.rc
            - etc/twrp.fstab

The last one really doesn't have a counterpart in the stock recovery, but you might be tempted to replace it with recovery.fstab. Try to resist that urge.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz for the advice will take a look and see what I can do. The Amlogic S912 H96 pro+ boxes and Alfawise are very popular so If I get it working I'll post the TWRP for everyone else.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz from me as well. Could you suggest a tool for decompressing and compressing again .img files. I have tried several ones and nothing works. I think I am doing the things right.
                Just for testing I am decompressing original recovery and then without any changes I am compressing it again and after that it is not working anymore. As soon as I figure out what I am doing wrong I will try to compile new TWRP for my box. I am following all guides and am doing as they say but no success.
                So any suggested software is very welcome. Just a name or link for download, I will try to figure out the rest.
                Many thanks once again!!!

p.s.
                I am trying this one without success:
                NO NEED ANDROID KITCHEN FOR UNPACK REPACK IMG’s This is the easiest way to unpack .img files with extracted ramdisk. So, Lets Start At first Download the tool from HERE For MTK (chineese) pho…

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, for unpacking the Amlogic burn package (single .img file), you should use the Amlogic Customization Tool v2.0.10. It's fine for level 1 unpack/pack, but has some issues with level 2 sparse packing of system partition, especially in Nougat. For the raw partition images unpack/pack to sparse images, use simg2img and make_ext4fs. (Just be aware of this bug with some builds of make_ext4fs: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/63728479)

can someone help me? twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip no installed. An error writing appears during installation.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, you're using the q20x TWRP recovery on a q201 box. Try this: http://freaktab.org/c70c20a86f6efc10

(I didn't make a signed OTA update for this one because the q201 boxes are usually already rooted. Just use the dd command from Terminal.)

Hi again
                I tried but no success with replacing the files and recompiling the recovery image.
                If someone has success please share the image.
                Best regards and thank you for help Magendanz

Comment

I have succeeded!

Comment

Originally posted by GolfG60 View Post
                    I have succeeded!
                    Unfortunately does not work for mine. I will continue to read how can I compile one for my specific device. as all 20 or so i found do not work on mine.
                    many thanks once again!

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Here's a TWRP recovery (v3.1.1-0) I just built for 64-bit Nougat on the q201 reference board (e.g. Beelink GT1, Alfawise S92, etc.): twrp.q201_64-3.1.1-0.img

The source is also available on my GitHub repo.
                      Hi Guest i'm trying to build TWRP for a non commercial device i got for a external project it's based on q201 board and was born with 7.1.2 64bit android, i read in this thread you faced my same issue bulding the GT1 64bit recovery, can i ask you a hint, like how did you solve your recovery booting issue? i tried also your q201_64 tree (with my kernel and recovery files) but without success.
                      Did you compile it with 5.1 or 7.1 branch?
                      Last edited by Xannytech; 10-19-2017, 17:54.

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I compiled with 5.1, just like I described in the README.md. With these Nougat builds, you've got to carry over the kernel from stock recovery, since they're often dependent on the device tree partition and don't include the dtb as a 2nd stage bootloader.

The one big gotcha I had with the q201_64 and q20x builds was a display sync problem when using the newer versions of systemcontrol. I had to revert to an earlier version to the display to behave. Other than that, I just used the system I described here: http://freaktab.com/node/676576

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Hi Guest i'm trying to build TWRP for a non commercial device i got for a external project it's based on q201 board and was born with 7.1.2 64bit android, i read in this thread you faced my same issue bulding the GT1 64bit recovery, can i ask you a hint, like how did you solve your recovery booting issue? i tried also your q201_64 tree (with my kernel and recovery files) but without success.
                      Did you compile it with 5.1 or 7.1 branch?
                      Thanks, i did it everything many days before i found this thread, and i tried obviously also with your device tree... twrp never booted i asked just because i read here your message and i'm having the same issues:
                      "
                      So, Beelink just released an official (non-beta) Nougat firmware for the GT1 (GT1_702N0). I'd hoped to start custom ROM development on this firmware, but was surprised to find that it wouldn't boot to my current TWRP recovery. The bootloader displays the splash logo, then just hangs.

Frankly, this really surprised me, since the Amlogic recovery includes its own kernel. The hardware is unchanged, so the only thing that's changed in the code path is the bootloader.

Anyone have an idea why the Android 7.1 bootloader might not boot to a TWRP recovery partition that worked in Android 6.0.1 with the same hardware?

(I rebuilt TWRP for AMD64 using twrp-7.1 branch and new OEM recovery kernel, and that had no effect. Still hangs after splash logo.)
                      "
                      So it was a Display Sync issue? I don't think so because is simply freezed, but i can try different systemcontrol if this is the case .

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This was a while ago, and so my memory isn't that fresh. I had success building with the old Android 6.0.1 device configuration on twrp-5.1 branch, but I modified the following:

- Removed secondary bootloader from BOARD_MKBOOTIMG_ARGS (which contained dtb)
                        - Added TW_NO_SCREEN_BLANK := true
                        - Swapped in new OEM kernel
                        - Used OEM stock recovery fstab.amlogic, init.rc, ueventd.amlogic.rc, and kernel modules (dwc3.ko & dwc_otg.ko)
                        - Reverted to older version of systemcontrol_static (210,932 bytes)

That last item was what fixed my display sync issues, which could also be remedied by unplugging the HDMI connector and plugging it back in. What definitely didn't work was moving to twrp-7.1 branch or switching to ARM64 CPU architecture. (Ironically, I called the project q201_64. I should really rename it q201_N.)

i did exactly what you did. Then examining what you did for q201_64 i came to the same conclusion...more than a 64 it's revised q201.
                      Anyway in my case it's really a mistery, i changed also the partitions from my system, but nothing changed, only my systemcontrol_static it's 577.560bytes, but until it boots correctly i'm not worried... Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X