This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can not send it
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi. Where is generic p200_2G recovery. Download link not available.

Comment

Originally posted by eugene2878 View Post
        Hi. Where is generic p200_2G recovery. Download link not available.
        I found that the generic p200 worked for both. Here's a link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZwOqvE9WPE5-hyKRw

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          I found that the generic p200 worked for both. Here's a link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgZwOqvE9WPE5-hyKRw
          Not working with my Xtreamer Whizz. Could you compile custom TWRP for my device?

Comment

Originally posted by eugene2878 View Post
            Not working with my Xtreamer Whizz. Could you compile custom TWRP for my device?
            No, but I shared out the project on GitHub with instructions so that you can do it yourself.

Comment

So, TWRP 3.2 has rolled out. Has anyone tried building it on any Amlogic devices?

Comment

This is vaguely related to TWRP. Any one knows if the IR POWER BUTTON is hardcoded into the kernel or the bootloader ? Is there a way to edit it ?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's in the bootloader (which is the only code running while the device appears off). And no, we haven't found a way to change it without access to the source, but it might be theoretically possible if you were really good with a disassembler.

Do the bootloader images have good compatibility ? How about swapping the entire image ? Anyone has tried that ? I guess it too risky nobody will ever try that.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Be very careful messing with the bootloader. In general, you're probably safe interchanging bootloader images for devices based on the same reference board, but things get riskier as you see more changes in the device tree. As a rule, I'd never try swapping a bootloader unless I had a known-good burn package (.img file) and am certain I know where the reset pins are so that I could recover in Mask ROM mode. On some of these with LGA mounts, they're inaccessible.

My device is [model=m8s brand=mbx name=n200]
                And I try TWRP_2.8.7.0_N200 ,TWRP_2.8.7.0_N200_emmc,they are displaying logo again and again
                ,TWRP_M8S,TWRP_M8S_rev ,they are holding on logo for long times then jumpimg to the original recovery.
                Press the button which can enter the original recovery and on power(sd card is in device) ,but can not display twrp.
                Is my device not supported for TWRP?Or something error on my operation?

Comment

Hi,just updated my Yoka KB2 (not the pro version) box to 7.1.1 on cpu-z my board is q20x is this a generic name or will the q200 build as seen on the first page work I did have twrp on my box when it was on 6,but I had to put back to the stock recovery to update to 7.1.1 any help? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mozes View Post
                    TWRP for Alfawise H96 Pro+ ??
                    Did you find the TWRP for alfawise h96 pro + ?
                    Please link for download.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Amlogic q20x reference boards (e.g. MECOOL M8S Pro, KM8 Pro, etc. running 64-bit Android 7.1.2) is available for testing here: twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0.img

Also, for devices that haven't yet been rooted, I've included a signed update here: twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip

To install the update, just copy the .zip file to an SD card, run the UPDATER app, hit Local Update and select the local .zip file. No need to wipe data or cache. The machine will reboot and install my TWRP recovery, just like an OTA system update. With TWRP now installed, you can follow the instructions here to root the device. (Both Magisk and SuperSU recovery flashable .zip files should work.)

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.
                      After a day of searching for twrp q20x recovery for my box Yoka KB2 (not the pro version) after I updated it to 7.1.1 all I had to do was go back a couple of pages and I found your post, installed the twrp zip and now I have twrp and rooted! also tested backup in recovery with no errors.thanks.

Comment

Hi, The TWRP link for the MXIII - 1g isn't working. (I'm getting an HTML page instead). Can you please send me the link? Thanks!

Comment

Looking for experts advise on what im doing wrong here
                        I have backed up Nexbox A95x which has Xanny FW using TWRP recovery from SD card(twrp_p212_3.1.1.0) and restored in the same box multiple times after trying different other custom firmware, but last night when i was trying to restore to a new nexbox A95x (same configuration like my first one) it restores the backup successful but when rebooting it goes to stock recovery always.
                        I tried the restore process multiple times and every time is a success but box continues to boot to stock recovery and i even tried to reboot to system from stock recovery but no success.

Anyone faced this and have solution on how to restore the backup using TWRP SD card to a different box which has same configuration ?
                        Please help as i dont want to flash the firmware using USB method and again install all the applications and data, im trying to create a clone of the same box configuration

Comment

Okay, I generated a few builds of TWRP 3.2.1-0 just to see if I could get it working, and I'm happy to report success:There aren't many changes, but I've updated the GitHub repo here: https://github.com/Magendanz/android_device_amlogic

Also, in order to build version 3.2.1-0, you've got to use the following local_manifest.xml:

Code:
                          <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                          <manifest>
                            <remote  name="omnirom"
                                     review="gerrit.omnirom.org"
                                     fetch="https://github.com/omnirom" />

<remove-project name="android_bootable_recovery" />
                            <project path="bootable/recovery" name="android_bootable_recovery" remote="omnirom" revision="android-8.0" groups="pdk-cw-fs"/>
                          </manifest>
                          Remember, the "_N" suffix is for Nougat projects, which have a separate DTB partition. The ones ending in "x" are VideoStrong variations on the Amlogic q201 and p212 reference boards.

Comment

Working...
                          X