Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, Beelink just released an official (non-beta) Nougat firmware for the GT1 (GT1_702N0). I'd hoped to start custom ROM development on this firmware, but was surprised to find that it wouldn't boot to my current TWRP recovery. The bootloader displays the splash logo, then just hangs.

Frankly, this really surprised me, since the Amlogic recovery includes its own kernel. The hardware is unchanged, so the only thing that's changed in the code path is the bootloader.

Anyone have an idea why the Android 7.1 bootloader might not boot to a TWRP recovery partition that worked in Android 6.0.1 with the same hardware?

(I rebuilt TWRP for AMD64 using twrp-7.1 branch and new OEM recovery kernel, and that had no effect. Still hangs after splash logo.)

Comment

Hello there! Is one of these TWRP images suitable for my Mygica ATV1200 which is also Amlogic-based?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        So, Beelink just released an official (non-beta) Nougat firmware for the GT1 (GT1_702N0). I'd hoped to start custom ROM development on this firmware, but was surprised to find that it wouldn't boot to my current TWRP recovery. The bootloader displays the splash logo, then just hangs.

Frankly, this really surprised me, since the Amlogic recovery includes its own kernel. The hardware is unchanged, so the only thing that's changed in the code path is the bootloader.

Anyone have an idea why the Android 7.1 bootloader might not boot to a TWRP recovery partition that worked in Android 6.0.1 with the same hardware?

(I rebuilt TWRP for AMD64 using twrp-7.1 branch and new OEM recovery kernel, and that had no effect. Still hangs after splash logo.)
        I see... I tried to flash twrp on the new bootloader but with no luck... However it is so bad... With the new update selinux is enabled, I need twrp only for Magisk...

Comment

Hi Magendaz!

I installed your 3.1.1 but it doesn't get the sdcard. Twrp says 0 byte size. Backup is not possibe.
          Swipe also doesn't work. unknown file system auto. Unable to wipe /external_sd
          Tried 3.0.2 by Abdul. Same!!!!
          Any idea?

Gt1 a912 standard with official 111M0

ps: as i see official twrp cannot support these boards. Cannot found anything only old k200 ones.

Thanks a lot

REFORMATED WITH ANDROID AND IT'S WORKING
          Last edited by pszab; 07-01-2017, 19:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
            I've got a new TWRP build for Rockchip RK3328 here: TWRP3_RK3328-3.0.2-0.img

This just a mod of AbduL's latest RK3xx Generic, with fstab updates for these new RK3328 boxes. It's been tested on the Z28, but should also work on units like the PenDoo Mini and A5X Plus Mini.

Note: One known issue is that the Rockchip bootloader relies on recovery to wipe and format the data and cache partitions (which is a stupid design that creates a single point of failure for a corrupt recovery partition). So, if you do a factory wipe or clean flash via RKBatchTool, it will boot to recovery to do this. Sadly, this build of TWRP isn't doing whatever the stock recovery is doing to indicate that the factory wipe is complete, and so the bootloader keeps sending you back to recovery whenever you try to reboot back to system.

If anyone has suggestions on how to avoid this TWRP boot loop, I'd love to hear it.
            Okay, I've figured out what was wrong with processing command-line arguments in the bootloader control block (BCB) here. The offset to the bootloader message block on these Rockchip devices is 16384, rather than the usual zero or 2048. Unfortunately, BOARD_RECOVERY_BLDRMSG_OFFSET is set in the BoardConfig.mk, which I can't easily hack in the image file like I did earlier with the fstab. I really need AbduL's help to fix this.

If you get stuck in this TWRP boot loop, the workaround is to wipe the /misc partition (which contains the BCB). Just go to terminal and type this:

Code:
            dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/ff520000.rksdmmc/by-name/misc bs=1M
            You'll still need to do the factory wipe in TWRP, but it will then reboot to the system partition.
            Last edited by Guest; 07-16-2017, 23:35.

Comment

Hello
              I hope you can generate a customized recovery for my M8S II Plus.

I leave the links for the necessary files: blocks.txt, partitions.txt and recovery.img.

Thank you.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmur View Post
                I hope you can generate a customized recovery for my M8S II Plus.
                Sorry, I haven't been able to generate a TWRP build for any Amlogic devices yet on Android 7.1, even the GT1 which has identical hardware to what we were using for Android 6.0.1. It all just hangs after the bootloader splash, as if it's looking for some magic key that we're not providing.

Comment

can't seem to find the twrp image for X96 S905x, 1G/8G box. anybody can share? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by frequenzy View Post
                    can't seem to find the twrp image for X96 S905x, 1G/8G box. anybody can share? thanks.
                    Should be here hte one for S905X http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...001#post647001
                    http://i.imgur.com/m5dOEJll.png?1 Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We

Comment

Sorry Duplicate you can delete it
                      http://i.imgur.com/m5dOEJll.png?1 Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We

Comment

A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Rockchip RK3328 is available for testing here: TWRP3_RK3328-3.1.1-0.img

On Rockchip devices, the offset to the bootloader message block in the /misc partition is 16384, rather than the usual zero or 2048. Unfortunately, support for BOARD_RECOVERY_BLDRMSG_OFFSET is broken pending a pull request that I've submitted.

Also, there are about a dozen or so command-line arguments (wipe_data, wipe_cache, update_package, etc.) defined in Recovery.cpp, but Rockchip felt the need to add a custom one of their own, "wipe_all". I had to make some tweaks to twrp.cpp after the get_args() call to support that. Remember, the Rockchip RK33 bootloader calls recovery directly with this "wipe_all" command-line argument as part of the factory setup after flashing new firmware, so this really needs to be right or you'll end up with a TWRP boot loop.

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Rockchip devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

Device configuration for building TWRP on Rockchip reference boards - GitHub - Magendanz/android_device_rockchip: Device configuration for building TWRP on Rockchip reference boards

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.

Comment

BTW, I'm spawning off the TWRP recovery discussion for Rockchip devices into its own topic here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ckchip-devices

Comment

your the best!! Many Thanks for Many Peoples rescue. KUDOS x10
                            Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Just FYI, I'm in the process of systematically updating all my TWRP builds to remove the damn TWRP App install prompts. I just find them annoying, in a very Microsoft kind of way.

Comment

A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Amlogic q20x reference boards (e.g. MECOOL M8S Pro, KM8 Pro, etc. running 64-bit Android 7.1.2) is available for testing here: twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0.img

Also, for devices that haven't yet been rooted, I've included a signed update here: twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip

To install the update, just copy the .zip file to an SD card, run the UPDATER app, hit Local Update and select the local .zip file. No need to wipe data or cache. The machine will reboot and install my TWRP recovery, just like an OTA system update. With TWRP now installed, you can follow the instructions here to root the device. (Both Magisk and SuperSU recovery flashable .zip files should work.)

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X