This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Amlogic q20x reference boards (e.g. MECOOL M8S Pro, KM8 Pro, etc. running 64-bit Android 7.1.2) is available for testing here: twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0.img

Also, for devices that haven't yet been rooted, I've included a signed update here: twrp.q20x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip

To install the update, just copy the .zip file to an SD card, run the UPDATER app, hit Local Update and select the local .zip file. No need to wipe data or cache. The machine will reboot and install my TWRP recovery, just like an OTA system update. With TWRP now installed, you can follow the instructions here to root the device. (Both Magisk and SuperSU recovery flashable .zip files should work.)

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.
    I send you a PM about twrp for s905x android 7.1. Hope you have the time to help me.

Thanks in advance

Comment

where do i get TWRP for p212 or MXQ PRO 4K S905X ?

Comment

Originally posted by k_masterz View Post
        where do i get TWRP for p212 or MXQ PRO 4K S905X ?
        Maybe you can try my Twrp....Look here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...b-wifi-rlt8189

Comment

Here's a TWRP recovery (v3.1.1-0) I just built for 64-bit Nougat on the q201 reference board (e.g. Beelink GT1, Alfawise S92, etc.): twrp.q201_64-3.1.1-0.img

The source is also available on my GitHub repo.

Comment

I have a generic H96 Pro AmlS912 with 3GbDDR3 / 16Gb and I used both android 6.0.1 and android 7.1.1 a32bit (superceleron 7.1.1 scv3) and 7.1.1 64bit (stockrom).
            There are 5 twrp recovery available.
            3 for Android 6.0.1
            1 for Android 7.1.1 32bit SCV2/3
            1 for Android 7.1.1 64bit StockRom

In android 6, recovery twrp has problems managing backup and recovery of system and userdata partitions. The restore ends with the error: EXTRACT TARFORK () process ended with error: 255. In android 7, both recoveries are working correctly.

But in Android 6 I noticed this:

TWRP 3.0.2-0 by Abdul
            backup system ok
            restore system failed
            backup userdata ok
            restore userdata ok

TWRP 3.1.0-0
            backup system ok
            restore system failed
            backup userdata ok
            restore userdata failed

TWRP 3.1.1-0
            backup system ok
            restore system failed
            backup userdata ok
            restore userdata failed

TWRP 3.1.0-0 in Superceleron SCV2
            backup system ok
            restore system failed
            backup userdata ok
            restore userdata ok

The backup of /userdata executed with TWRP 3.0.2-0 by Abdul is also properly restored by the other TWRP recovery. So: the problem is in the backup creation phase and not in the restore step?
            Does anyone have an idea or know how to solve this problem?
            Last edited by devilz-wolit; 07-24-2017, 10:42.

Comment

I believe these are all due to incorrect partition sizes set in the BoardConfig.mk. Frankly, the fact that TWRP expects us to set this in the makefile seems completely wrong to me, since partition sizes will vary from model to model...and even between different SKUs of the same model. Instead, TWRP should determine the partition sizes dynamically.

Comment

I believe these are all due to incorrect partition sizes set in the BoardConfig.mk. Frankly, the fact that TWRP expects us to set this in the makefile seems completely wrong to me, since partition sizes will vary from model to model...and even between different SKUs of the same model. Instead, TWRP should determine the partition sizes dynamically.
                I mean little about twrp, but I'd like to have a fully functional one. The generic model H96Pro (and H96Pro+) is very common in us in Italy. I used CarlivImageKitchen to decompress the twrp but did not find inside the BoardConfig.mk file to edit it. What can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by devilz-wolit View Post
                  ...but did not find inside the BoardConfig.mk file to edit it. What can I do?
                  Well, it's a makefile, so it's mainly compiler directives and won't be contained in the resulting image. Details are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625

Comment

Well, it's a makefile, so it's mainly compiler directives and won't be contained in the resulting image. Details are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625
                    Thanks.
                    I have never created or edited twrp. We'll see what's coming out.

Edit:
                    I tried to do a version 3.1.1-0 porting and I got this:
                    Backup system : ok
                    Restore system : failed
                    Backup data : ok
                    Restore data : ok

But system partition failed immediately to restore with error 255
                    Last edited by devilz-wolit; 07-26-2017, 11:23.

Comment

A new TWRP 3.1.1-0 build for Amlogic p21x reference boards (e.g. MECOOL M8S Pro+ running 64-bit Android 7.1.2) is available for testing here: twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0.img

Also, for devices that haven't yet been rooted, I've included a signed update here: twrp.p21x-3.1.1-0-signed.zip

To install the update, just copy the .zip file to an SD card, run the UPDATER app, hit Local Update and select the local .zip file. No need to wipe data or cache. The machine will reboot and install my TWRP recovery, just like an OTA system update. With TWRP now installed, you should be able to root the device using the recovery flashable .zip files for SuperSU or Magisk.

And for those brave souls who want to make changes or build for other Amlogic devices, I've provided the source on GitHub here:

If you spot any issues, please let me know via PM.

Comment

in your BoardConfig.mk for q201 with android 6.0 the system partition size is 2147483648.
                        The real partition size of my generic h96 Pro with android 6.0.1 is 1610612736
                        I tried to change it, but obviously something wrong.
                        This is twrp 3.1.1-0 for android 6.0.1 with working restore data but with bad system restore.
                        Can you help me?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

Sorry, but I just don't have the time to generate custom builds for all the possible permutations of partition sizes on all these devices. As I said before, we need a fix in TWRP to dynamically read the partition sizes rather than defining them at compile time in BoardConfig.mk.

Comment

Hi all,

I noticed in newer releases of TWRP, we can no longer backup internal storage (app data). Is there a way to be able to do this again through recovery?

Much thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
                              Editing a comment
                              See above comments about setting the partition sizes in the makefile. That means I have to pick a specific partitioning scheme for the feature to work. We need a TWRP feature that sizes dynamically. I've published the project on GitHub, though, so you can make a TWRP recovery specifically for your box.

Much thanks Magendanz!

I've found your project on GitHub... I have no problem doing the work at all and even posting it here if everything works and to be honest, I've actually always wanted to learn how to compile my own recoveries.

Now you're probably going to hate me for this but is there a tutorials on how to do this from start to finish? Preferably on Windows?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Comment

I started with this XDA tutorial here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1943625

Comment

Working...
                              X