X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your help
    And one more question :
    My device is broken (I mean there isn't any recovery or operating system on it)
    But USB burning tool can recognize it
    Can i flash it with USB burning tool ?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like your bootloader is intact, so flashing a burn package should be fine. Even if you do corrupt the bootloader, you can flash with USB Burning Tool using Mask ROM Mode by shorting pins on the eMMC. There's a FreakTab topic with more information on that.

Hi, can anyone do TWRP for p201? MXQ Pro 4K p201.img found here works, but when installing ota updates it gives error 7: "this update from p201, this is p200". Are there any solutions to the problem? Where can I find TWRP for p201?

Comment

Yo Magendanz!

I can't communicate with my A95X MAX (a u211 box), so I tried to flash TWRP 3.2.3 first using stock recovery, but it didn't pass verification ("E: footer is wrong"). Next I tried with Flashify, but it failed, perhaps for the same reason. Last I tried with the Official TWRP app, which succeeded in flashing, but the A95X MAX wouldn't boot to recovery, going straight to system. I reflashed stock recovery and I could boot to recovery again.

Any ideas? (Thanks.)

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it sounds like the A95X Max isn't using the Amlogic test keys, so the OTA update is failing verification. You're best bet is to use the partition image. If you have root access, you can do it in an elevated shell using the dd command. Alternatively, you can replace the recovery.PARTITION in an Amlogic burn package and flash with USB Burning Tool.

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post
      Yo Magendanz!

I can't communicate with my A95X MAX (a u211 box), so I tried to flash TWRP 3.2.3 first using stock recovery, but it didn't pass verification ("E: footer is wrong"). Next I tried with Flashify, but it failed, perhaps for the same reason. Last I tried with the Official TWRP app, which succeeded in flashing, but the A95X MAX wouldn't boot to recovery, going straight to system. I reflashed stock recovery and I could boot to recovery again.

Any ideas? (Thanks.)
      You can go through the terminal with dd through twrp.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz
        Yeah, it sounds like the A95X Max isn't using the Amlogic test keys, so the OTA update is failing verification. You're best bet is to use the partition image. If you have root access, you can do it in an elevated shell using the dd command. Alternatively, you can replace the recovery.PARTITION in an Amlogic burn package and flash with USB Burning Tool.
        Originally posted by sagert View Post
        You can go through the terminal with dd through twrp.
        I'm out of my depth here, so I'd need help regarding what to do with the partition image and dd in a shell.

But:

I don't understand,

1) assuming this u211 verson of TWRP can work on the A95X MAX,
        2) assuming the TWRP app successfully circumvented verification, and
        3) assuming the TWRP app successfully flashed the package (as it seems),

why didn't it work? This leads to the question: will it work if I succeed in flashing the package in another manner?

I haven't seen anyone who has posted success getting TWRP or any other system change on the A95X MAX.

Comment

I'm out of my depth here, so I'd need help regarding what to do with the partition image and dd in a shell.

But:

I don't understand,

1) assuming this u211 verson of TWRP can work on the A95X MAX,
          2) assuming the TWRP app successfully circumvented verification, and
          3) assuming the TWRP app successfully flashed the package (as it seems),

why didn't it work? This leads to the question: will it work if I succeed in flashing the package in another manner?

I haven't seen anyone who has posted success getting TWRP or any other system change on the A95X MAX.
          I am writing english with translation.
          1.install terminal emulator with Play market
          2. open the terminal emulator and write in it.
          1. su
          2. dd if=twrp path of=/dev/block/recovery
          3. reboot recovery
          And then you get into a new twrp.

Comment

I am writing english with translation.
            1.install terminal emulator with Play market
            2. open the terminal emulator and write in it.
            1. su
            2. dd if=twrp path of=/dev/block/recovery
            Just to give you a smile... I originally typed "dd if=twrp path of=/dev/block/recovery", literally, but sadly it didn't work.

3. reboot recovery
            And then you get into a new twrp.
            I eventually got the idea I needed to replace "twrp path" with the path to the TWRP package... which I did: "dd if=/storage/emulated/0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery"

(I assume that I only wanted recovery.img, not the zip.)

dd reporting that it transferred the data.

Rebooting to recovery doesn't succeed: it just boots to system again. This could mean that I've been getting TWRP in the right place, but the A95X MAX doesn't see it.

(Stock recovery is 24mb. This TWRP image is 18.81mb.)

Comment

Just to give you a smile... I originally typed "dd if=twrp path of=/dev/block/recovery", literally, but sadly it didn't work.

I eventually got the idea I needed to replace "twrp path" with the path to the TWRP package... which I did: "dd if=/storage/emulated/0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/recovery"

(I assume that I only wanted recovery.img, not the zip.)

dd reporting that it transferred the data.

Rebooting to recovery doesn't succeed: it just boots to system again. This could mean that I've been getting TWRP in the right place, but the A95X MAX doesn't see it.

(Stock recovery is 24mb. This TWRP image is 18.81mb.)
              Maybe replace zimage with your working zimage in twrp and flash twrp new.

Comment

If it fails then it can help porting.
                Yes, I know XDA is filled with such guides. But you can only port a TWRP if you implement parts of all the guides. This guide is a summation of all those guides. NOTE: I would be using AIK-Linux in this tutorial, since I don't recommend Windows...

Comment

Maybe replace zimage with your working zimage in twrp and flash twrp new.
                  I don't understand this... (I'm coming from a PC background.)

Google tells me:

zImage: a compressed version of the [Linux ...] image that is self-extracting.

I simply extracted recovery.img from the zip file (twrp.u211-3.2.3.0-signed.zip) and flashed it... then tried dd-ing it. My working img file is the one from the zip.

Comment

I don't understand this... (I'm coming from a PC background.)

Google tells me:

zImage: a compressed version of the [Linux ...] image that is self-extracting.

I simply extracted recovery.img from the zip file (twrp.u211-3.2.3.0-signed.zip) and flashed it... then tried dd-ing it. My working img file is the one from the zip.
                    Zimage is inside twrp.It is necessary to change it to your own that works in the firmware.I gave the link as port twrp on xda.This can certainly be difficult not to understand.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, it's the prebuilt kernel image.

I got as far as unpackimg.

TWRP recovery.img unpacked without problem.

Code:
                    BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE buildvariant=userdebug androidboot.selinux=permissive
                    BOARD_KERNEL_BASE 01078000
                    BOARD_NAME
                    BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 2048
                    BOARD_HASH_TYPE sha1
                    BOARD_KERNEL_OFFSET 00008000
                    BOARD_RAMDISK_OFFSET fff88000
                    BOARD_SECOND_OFFSET 00f00000
                    BOARD_TAGS_OFFSET fef88100
                    BOARD_HEADER_VERSION 0

Unpacking ramdisk to "ramdisk/" . . .

Compression used: gzip
                    29504 blocks

Done!
                    I then ran the stock recovery.img but the unpack failed. (Tried three times)

Code:
                    Splitting image to "split_img/" . . .

BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE buildvariant=userdebug
                    BOARD_NAME
                    BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 2048
                    BOARD_HASH_TYPE sha1
                    BOARD_SECOND_OFFSET ffe88000
                    BOARD_OS_VERSION 8.1.0
                    BOARD_OS_PATCH_LEVEL 2018-06
                    BOARD_HEADER_VERSION 0
                          1 [main] unpackbootimg 1232 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to unpackbootimg.exe.stackdump
                    Error!
                    This suggests something deviant in the A95X MAX stock recovery.img. It functions as stock recovery, but can't be unpacked. Some check built in?

Comment

I got as far as unpackimg.

TWRP recovery.img unpacked without problem.

Code:
                      BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE buildvariant=userdebug androidboot.selinux=permissive
                      BOARD_NAME
                      BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 2048
                      BOARD_HASH_TYPE sha1
                      BOARD_SECOND_OFFSET 00f00000
                      BOARD_HEADER_VERSION 0

Unpacking ramdisk to "ramdisk/" . . .

Compression used: gzip
                      29504 blocks

Done!
                      I then ran the stock recovery.img but the unpack failed. (Tried three times)

Code:
                      Splitting image to "split_img/" . . .

BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE buildvariant=userdebug
                      BOARD_NAME
                      BOARD_PAGE_SIZE 2048
                      BOARD_HASH_TYPE sha1
                      BOARD_SECOND_OFFSET ffe88000
                      BOARD_OS_VERSION 8.1.0
                      BOARD_OS_PATCH_LEVEL 2018-06
                      BOARD_HEADER_VERSION 0
                      1 [main] unpackbootimg 1232 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to unpackbootimg.exe.stackdump
                      Error!
                      This suggests something deviant in the A95X MAX stock recovery.img. It functions as stock recovery, but can't be unpacked. Some check built in?
                      Does stock recovery work on the device? You can open other programs.You can pull out the zimage from boot.img .

Comment

Does stock recovery work on the device? You can open other programs.You can pull out the zimage from boot.img .
                        When I boot to (stock) recovery I get the recovery menu. It will go to directories I send it to. It will boot into system. Etc. (But won't flash TWRP )

What other programs is stock recovery able to open?

I pulled the boot.img from /dev/block/boot, but unpackimg froze and couldn't finish its job.

Comment

When I boot to (stock) recovery I get the recovery menu. It will go to directories I send it to. It will boot into system. Etc. (But won't flash TWRP )

What other programs is stock recovery able to open?

I pulled the boot.img from /dev/block/boot, but unpackimg froze and couldn't finish its job.
                          Abootimg github
                          Tool to read/write/update android boot images. Contribute to ggrandou/abootimg development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Careful! That has some serious issues on Oreo and later. I've had better luck with mkbootimg and unpack_bootimg.
                        Working...
                        X