Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMLogic support to be dropped from official Kodi for Android

See here
    shame and blame on me, Ive been asked to. fyi @codesnake @wrxtasy @mapfau EDIT: and I also share the general opinion that android should be mediacodec only!

I hate that they are doing this but y hasn't aml and rk fixed there stuff and make it easy on the devs. They have had plenty of time it seems.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

maybe its time china developers just meet the kodi api. Getting complicated wuth all the "fixes" but budget boxs makers not willing to spend the cash to do it. Rockchip may now that new partners in the mix.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

What will it mean for WeTek? Are they still partners with OpenELEC?

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
          What will it mean for WeTek? Are they still partners with OpenELEC?
          OpenElec is completely separate from Kodi and it's Linux, so that will still work.
          Wetek also makes their own optimized Android Kodi for AMLogic chipsets.

Comment

Thanks mo123.
            I did not mean to imply that Kodi and OE were together. I just thought as Kodi was common to OE, it might be affected on AML devices. Good to know this is not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
              Thanks mo123.
              I did not mean to imply that Kodi and OE were together. I just thought as Kodi was common to OE, it might be affected on AML devices. Good to know this is not the case.
              AMLogic Linux support isn't going to be dropped, only the Android part.

Comment

So thats why we have SPMC for android.

Comment

we will see,wait some time.

Comment

FTMC is coming down the pike too.

Comment

Might be released for beta testing shortly to Luis working hard on it.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

what box would you suggest that will keep supporting kodi.. i have mostly worked with amlogic ...s812 and previous.

Comment

Kodi on android on these types of embedded tv boxes has always been kinda buggy and you don't get the best performance either... Any of the Linux based systems running kodi perform much better with out all the android (google) crap chewing up what little resouces these types of boxes have... OpenELEC itself seems to be slowly stalling on stuff not supported by Wetek but theres a few other decent derivatives that work quite well and seem to have a much more active development scene... LibreElec is one worth watching... I myself have my own Linux based system that ive used on Eny's M8S box that's running well on kodii right up to the current alpha releases as well as Eny's S912 based box as well... tho im not quite convinced the step up from the A9 based S812 to the A53 based S912's is worth it yet as im still messing around trying to work out some of the kernel kinks... I owe a big thanx to Stephen and his OpenElec project and sources as I kinda hacked his toolchain to create my own in the end but personally I think as far as streaming purposes Linux-Kodi is the real future of these box... As well using Linux allowed the creation of a pretty decent rom emulator that plays all my old nes/snes and other roms... I stuck with one particular brand and model of box that allowed for a very narrow development hardware wise that squeezes the best out of the hardware... it just kinda sux's that Amlogic is not very forth-coming with technical docs and Linux code and I gave up over a year ago asking for server access which never came... everything one needs tho can be found with time on the net...

Comment

thanks for the help buzzzmarshall

Comment

And with recent events with AMLogic accused of GHz speed cheating, things don't look well.

I am still running Kodi 16.1 off Google app store.

Comment

Working...
                              X