MXQ Pro 4K s905 upgrade firmware to marshmallow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Pro 4K s905 upgrade firmware to marshmallow

Is it possible to upgrade my box to Marshmallow firmware? it is currently running 5.1.1
    Hardware Specifications
    Chipset Amlogic S905 Quad Core 64bit Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz
    GPU Penta-Core Mali-450 upto 750MHz+
    OS Android 5.1
    Flash 8GB NAND FLASH
    Ram 1GB DDR3
    I've installed Kodi 17 beta 5 and is running fine, I just wish I could upgrade the firmware too? any guidance is welcome as I cannot find the right firmware.
    QcoQce M7 PRO Android 5.1 Amlogic S905 Quad Core Smart: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Originally posted by Television View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade my box to Marshmallow firmware? it is currently running 5.1.1
    Hardware Specifications
    Chipset Amlogic S905 Quad Core 64bit Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz
    GPU Penta-Core Mali-450 upto 750MHz+
    OS Android 5.1
    Flash 8GB NAND FLASH
    Ram 1GB DDR3
    I've installed Kodi 17 beta 5 and is running fine, I just wish I could upgrade the firmware too? any guidance is welcome as I cannot find the right firmware.
    No, only S905X runs Marshmallow.
    You also have an unknown S905, the manufacturer probably already abandoned this box and moved on to the next one, so will also not release MM in the future.

Comment

Did you ever find a firmware for your box?

Comment

perhaps
        LibreELEC 8.0 builds for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices. Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device [URL:https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-howto-faq-install-community-builds-on-s905-s905x-s912-device/]…

note:
        you can test it...without installing (using sdcard)

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
          perhaps
          LibreELEC 8.0 builds for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices. Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device [URL:https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-howto-faq-install-community-builds-on-s905-s905x-s912-device/]…

note:
          you can test it...without installing (using sdcard)
          I just did. My MXQ Pro booted off an SD card with a LibreELEC image. Basically, it works although there is a little problem I had encountered, i.e. all of video channels freezes upon 1st frame shown.

[UPDATE]: As it turned out, I had a defective micro SD card. So, after replacing the micro SD card with a good one, my MXQ Pro is running very smooth with LibreELEC OS.
          Last edited by Habibie; 03-23-2017, 17:10.

Comment

Here you can get a custom firmware for the MXQ Pro 4k. It is still android 5.1.1, but it uses already the Google android TV leanback launcher (ATV).
            Custom ROM for the MXQ PRO 4k - p201 stable . fast . clean . leanback ATV . custom rom This custom rom mod is based on the UGOOS AM3 V0.0.7 TV firmware ...
            My contributions to the community
            [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
            [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, only S905X runs Marshmallow.
              You also have an unknown S905, the manufacturer probably already abandoned this box and moved on to the next one, so will also not release MM in the future.
              There are now two different 6.0 Marshmallow releases at least I've seen for the S905:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 Android 6.0 Firmware Pack

and
              Android 6.0.1 Firmware V1.1.1 for Ugoos AM2 440.33MiB 21/06/2017
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Hopefully at some point someone is able to port the 6.0 S905 codebase from these to other boxes, especially the numerous P201 variants.

Television, if you're able to open your box and look at the circuit board for model number designation markings, and the wireless chipset model number, that may help you find a newer compatible ROM to flash without problems.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulieP View Post

There are now two different 6.0 Marshmallow releases at least I've seen for the S905:

and
                https://mega.nz/#!itlVxDqQ!2WimYF0eR...e0XsZ-CbuK0rj0
                Thank you. But, when I downloaded the firmware from both the above links, they are the same files (AM2_1.1.1.7z).

Comment

Originally posted by Habibie View Post
                  Thank you. But, when I downloaded the firmware from both the above links, they are the same files (AM2_1.1.1.7z).
                  Hi I just tried them. They are not the same files, I would retry the first link. the file from MEGA is 1652503 MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 ROM Android 6.0.zip, flashable zip

The second is the AM2 1.1.1. IMG.

Comment

Hi I just tried them. They are not the same files, I would retry the first link. the file from MEGA is 1652503 MXQ Plus TV Box Amlogic S905 ROM Android 6.0.zip, flashable zip

The second is the AM2 1.1.1. IMG.
                    Thank you and you are right. I just re-downloaded the 1st and it is a different one.

I just noticed these are for an MXQ Plus and not MXQ Pro. CUrrently, my MXQ Pro is running on a LibreELEC v8.1.4 off a USB memory stick. I wonder if it is possible run this firmware through a USB memory stick, too, to see if it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Habibie View Post

Thank you and you are right. I just re-downloaded the 1st and it is a different one.

I just noticed these are for an MXQ Plus and not MXQ Pro. CUrrently, my MXQ Pro is running on a LibreELEC v8.1.4 off a USB memory stick. I wonder if it is possible run this firmware through a USB memory stick, too, to see if it will work.
                      I think the main problem is also that a lot of companies use different boards within the MXQ Pro generic shell. There are probably 10 different boards that have been used all called MXQ Pro with the same external logo and processors from RK3229, S905, and S905X. Same for MXQ, MXQ 4K, etc etc.

So the only reliable way to find compatible ROMS is to actually look at PCB markings.

Dont know if they will work for you but the 6.0 roms are at least a starting point for those who said there is no 6.0 source for S905 amlogic boxes..

Comment

I think the main problem is also that a lot of companies use different boards within the MXQ Pro generic shell. There are probably 10 different boards that have been used all called MXQ Pro with the same external logo and processors from RK3229, S905, and S905X. Same for MXQ, MXQ 4K, etc etc.

So the only reliable way to find compatible ROMS is to actually look at PCB markings.

Dont know if they will work for you but the 6.0 roms are at least a starting point for those who said there is no 6.0 source for S905 amlogic boxes..
                        I got my MXQ Pro almost a year ago (9/17). It has an Android v5.1.1 with Kodi v16.1 and had problems, i.e. intermittent crashes, etc., and the seller gave a full refund. Anyway, one of these days I will have to open up my box to see if it has the ROMs v6.0.

Comment

https://mega.nz/#!NU1BwbrQ!avFaeKUPu...PDMLIuGyLrcmro

and
                          https://mega.nz/#!itlVxDqQ!2WimYF0eR...e0XsZ-CbuK0rj0

Hopefully at some point someone is able to port the 6.0 S905 codebase from these to other boxes, especially the numerous P201 variants.

Television, if you're able to open your box and look at the circuit board for model number designation markings, and the wireless chipset model number, that may help you find a newer compatible ROM to flash without problems.
                          Check this thread

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...r-s905-devices

I have been attempting to port this to a box with very similar hardware and managed to get wifi working but I dont have Ethernet because the Ugoos AM2 does not have a LAN port.

Comment

Originally posted by satanuke View Post

Check this thread

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...r-s905-devices

I have been attempting to port this to a box with very similar hardware and managed to get wifi working but I dont have Ethernet because the Ugoos AM2 does not have a LAN port.
                            That's great, most people would be happy with just wifi.

Did you try the first link also? It's marshmallow but for a different S905 box

Comment

Working...
                            X