Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overheating Mecool M8s Pro L and Pro + (and others ?) - Options ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video : Full fan install from beginning to end . . .

Fitting the 30mm Sunon Maglev but I still prefer the cheaper 30mm Pi Fan - Just use a 33 Ohm resistor for the Pi Fan.
    Last edited by P.X; 03-27-2018, 23:02.

Comment

Great job!
      I wouldn't recommend using a grill on the fan though, because it simply generates more unwanted noise.
      Congrats on your great work!

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
        Video : Full fan install from beginning to end . . .

Fitting the 30mm Sunon Maglev but I still prefer the cheaper 30mm Pi Fan - Just use a 33 Ohm resistor for the Pi Fan.
        Awesome video as usual........ thanks......... one of these days, I may attempt to install the fan I have already purchased.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by mirbg View Post
          Great job!
          I wouldn't recommend using a grill on the fan though, because it simply generates more unwanted noise.
          Congrats on your great work!
          Thanks.
          No noise from the grill, the fan is moving quite slowly in comparison to PC speeds where it may be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Awesome video as usual........ thanks......... one of these days, I may attempt to install the fan I have already purchased.
            Thanks - The USB +5V pin on the underside is the safer option if you don't have a tiny soldering tip to use.

Comment

Thanks - The USB +5V pin on the underside is the safer option if you don't have a tiny soldering tip to use.
              Yeah, my soldering pen is about 30 years old, and is clunky.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yeah, my soldering pen is about 30 years old, and is clunky.
                Under-side pin is best then

Comment

For testing purposes, I took the lid off my original Mecool M8S L (the one that I had killed) which I had drilled holes into, and put it onto my new Mecool M8S Pro L with Bluetooth Voice. I just laid the fan that is connected to one of the two USB ports on top of my box. The temp went from 88 C to 55 C.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mecool M8S Pro L Mod (2).jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.2 KB ID:	717361Click image for larger version  Name:	Mecool M8S Pro L Mod (3).jpg Views:	1 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	717362Click image for larger version  Name:	Mecool M8S Pro L Mod (4).jpg Views:	1 Size:	192.5 KB ID:	717363

This is using my box for my Security cam monitor.
                  Last edited by clarkss12; 03-30-2018, 21:08.

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks Goods,

• scooter2014
                    scooter2014 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Is that smoke at side??

Looks good! You should drill a bigger hole for the fan, otherwise it will be (it is I suppose) very noisy. I did the same, started with few small holes and a fan above, but the noise forced me to make a bigger mod.

Comment

Originally posted by mirbg View Post
                    Looks good! You should drill a bigger hole for the fan, otherwise it will be (it is I suppose) very noisy. I did the same, started with few small holes and a fan above, but the noise forced me to make a bigger mod.
                    Of course me being an old man, with bad hearing, I can't hear it. But I am deciding on how to permanent mount it.... and solder the wires internally into the box. I just wanted to see how it would work.

Comment

Nice - Proof of concept.
                      Can't wait to see the next steps ...

Comment

Nice - Proof of concept.
                        Can't wait to see the next steps ...
                        Tomorrow, I will grab my hole saw, Drimmel and drill, and make it permanent using your videos for instructions. I will solder to the backside of the board, but no resistor or transister. I never turn my boxes off, so I will have to keep an eye on dust collecting on the fan and internals.

Comment

Tomorrow, I will grab my hole saw, Drimmel and drill, and make it permanent using your videos for instructions. I will solder to the backside of the board, but no resistor or transister. I never turn my boxes off, so I will have to keep an eye on dust collecting on the fan and internals.
                          Yay, have fun

I have to have a resistor for the fan noise, but if you are OK on that score, go for it.
                          Looking forward to photos minimum ...

Comment

Yay, have fun

I have to have a resistor for the fan noise, but if you are OK on that score, go for it.
                            Looking forward to photos minimum ...
                            Where did you get your resistor??

Comment

You can buy it on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                              X