Who are the real manufacturers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the real manufacturers?

Who are the real manufacturers of these boxes? Is it just a few companies that make them for different "brands."

Nexbox and Abox (CRX)
    Vorke and Tanix
    Vontar and the no-name X96 Max

Maybe we can make a list of what companies are the real manufacturers to these fly-by-night resellers / brands....

Often, many manufacturers can make the same Box.
    It may look same Box on the outside but can be different on the inside,, due to parts available at the time of the remanufacturing
    When you see the word Clone used, usually means it was just made by a different manufacturer.

For example if I can make a box for 10 bucks
    You come along and say I can do it for 9 bucks
    Another will say 8.75 it's all a matter of keeping the equipment and workers busy. but of course all speculation only.

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I can appreciate the economics of the lowest cost and undercutting.

I've noticed the battle of the clone makers with these plastic hexagon shaped media players like the popular T95z. Their outward appearances all look mostly similar but their internals can be a mix of who knows what. And as a consumer, I'm leary, if not hesitant, to buy these products because these fly-by-night resellers disappear when customer support is needed. Meanwhile the actual manufacturers conveniently escape from any hard fast responsibility for making what may be junk. It's like nobody stands behind their products. But if we the consumers could get empowered by knowing which manufacturers (that ship to resellers) actually have a good design/manufacturing reputation, then that would be possibly helpful.... And also those which are to be avoided for having a history of making junk.

Comment

Video Strong makes the majority of the boxes

Comment

Thanks Palerider. I see from their website that they make players for Mecool and "your logo here" stuff.

Their website says about them:
          "Videostrong Technology Co., Ltd.,founded in 1998 ,a well established manufacturer of Android Players & STB( Android with DVB Hybrid box &DVB-T2/S2/C/ISDB-T/DTMB-TH/ATSC,,)as well as HD media players, which are well sold to all over the world."

Comment

Beelink and his mother Company AWZ are real manufacturer.
            They make the Board Software etc.

Neomode

Comment

Is Vontar a manufacturer or a reseller? Thanks.

(I am seeing "Vontar X96 Max" TV boxes being sold now)

Comment

TANIX is a trademark and it is a real factory (including OEM and ODM for third parties).

How do I know? Among many things, I designed TX3 Mini, TX3 Max and TX88 cases (all them private mouldings). Also ALICE UX and the coming IPTV project.

There are 2 offices and 1 factory in Shenzhen where around 150 people are working.

Sadly I have few time for forums right now...
                Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

too many manufacturers.....

Comment

Working...
                  X