TV BOX X96 MINI AND ROOT PERMITSSION.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV BOX X96 MINI AND ROOT PERMITSSION.

Can anyone tell me if the TV BOX x96 mini (2gb ram + 16gb rom) is sold with root permissions (from the factory)?
    Thank you

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Yes.
      Sorry, I'm referring to x96 MINI. I have the previous x96 and that has root permissions. Since I wanted to buy another one and now there is the x96 MINI, having seen videos on youtube and not appearing among the programs: "Superuser or Supersu" I had the doubt that it was not rooted. Do you make sure that it has root permissions instead?
      And furthermore do you think it's a good buy among the economic boxes?
      Thank you very much and sorry if I wanted to make sure

Comment

If you have the old X96 then you have the S905X chip and that is ok budget device. But since you are asking about the X96mini which has the S905W chip, that is under-powered and not a great device; only buy them for the friends you hate

There are a lot of TV boxes to choose from that have Root access by default. If you want to upgrade your device you should get a X96_MAX with S905X2 cpu, only if you want to stay with the X96 brand family. But for best satisfaction I would recommend a better brand like Beelink, Tanix, Khadas, or Ugoos. With those brands it is possible to get OTA upgrades or at minimum a downloadable image files to upgrade with USB burning tools.

"Superuser or Supersu" I had the doubt that it was not rooted. Do you make sure that it has root permissions instead?
        Most tv boxes have Open Root, meaning there is no root control app, but system is indeed Rooted. Once you own the device you can download Root Checker (Basic or Pro) app and see if it tells you what Root you have exactly. On a lot of Amlogic chip boxes the Root binary installed in the tvbox is SuperSu 2.79 and then you can install SuperSu from playstore, but have to change setting "Allow Root on Boot" so the app don't cause Bootloop. Then also turn off notifications to SuperSu because it will always tell you to update, which is only possible if you install a 100% compatible TWRP recovery.

And furthermore do you think it's a good buy among the economic boxes?
        The best budget options I would say are Good, would be the devices with S905X2, is possible to maybe find a few for sale under $50. But the really low budget boxes under $35 are generally all shit and need to be thrown in trash after few months. Research the Ugoos X2 Cube because I believe is the best budget device that has manufacture support available at the moment. See: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X2-C...FI-417358.html

Comment

If you have the old X96 then you have the S905X chip and that is ok budget device. But since you are asking about the X96mini which has the S905W chip, that is under-powered and not a great device; only buy them for the friends you hate

There are a lot of TV boxes to choose from that have Root access by default. If you want to upgrade your device you should get a X96_MAX with S905X2 cpu, only if you want to stay with the X96 brand family. But for best satisfaction I would recommend a better brand like Beelink, Tanix, Khadas, or Ugoos. With those brands it is possible to get OTA upgrades or at minimum a downloadable image files to upgrade with USB burning tools.

Most tv boxes have Open Root, meaning there is no root control app, but system is indeed Rooted. Once you own the device you can download Root Checker (Basic or Pro) app and see if it tells you what Root you have exactly. On a lot of Amlogic chip boxes the Root binary installed in the tvbox is SuperSu 2.79 and then you can install SuperSu from playstore, but have to change setting "Allow Root on Boot" so the app don't cause Bootloop. Then also turn off notifications to SuperSu because it will always tell you to update, which is only possible if you install a 100% compatible TWRP recovery.

The best budget options I would say are Good, would be the devices with S905X2, is possible to maybe find a few for sale under $50. But the really low budget boxes under $35 are generally all shit and need to be thrown in trash after few months. Research the Ugoos X2 Cube because I believe is the best budget device that has manufacture support available at the moment. See: https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X2-C...FI-417358.html
          And another like mine: https://www.****.it/itm/X96-Android-...IAAOSw6PxcG4UU do not recommend it?
          Or the tanix x3 mini: : https://www.****.it/itm/NUOVO-TV-BOX...wAAOSw1Tdb4iUq ?

Comment

Originally posted by piazzolla View Post
            And another like mine: https://www.****.it/itm/X96-Android-...IAAOSw6PxcG4UU do not recommend it?
            Or the tanix x3 mini: : https://www.****.it/itm/NUOVO-TV-BOX...wAAOSw1Tdb4iUq ?
            You posted links incorrectly, lol.

But I can see the device names Tanix TX3mini and X96 with S905W, both are trash. Better to pay more money and get a decent device like Tanix TX5 Pro or Ugoos X2 Cube.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX
              sir, how do i root x96 mini on its original/stock firmware?
              ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by claishem View Post
                RiCkLaR_atvX
                sir, how do i root x96 mini on its original/stock firmware?
                ​​​
                If Root-access is not built-in to original firmware, then the only way to get Root is to rebuild the firmware with Root components installed manually in the original firmwares source. So is best to find a factory firmware with Root or just use a custom firmware that has Root installed.

Comment

If Root-access is not built-in to original firmware, then the only way to get Root is to rebuild the firmware with Root components installed manually in the original firmwares source. So is best to find a factory firmware with Root or just use a custom firmware that has Root installed.
                  so the traditional way of insralling root scripts like su or magisk doesn't work for this box?
                  thanks for your reply sir.

Comment

hi. does adb really not working in stock firmwares of x96 mini? i tried with nougat and pie stock roms and the adb doesnt work. with atvxperience rom it works.

Comment

Working...
                    X