TX6 Android 9 Update options Firmware 20190613

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX6 Android 9 Update options Firmware 20190613

Hi, I recently got the TX6 and put it through some tech testing.

Setting the 4K resolution Loading a 4k HEVC video, a Youtube 4k test and Hardware info tests.

I also stumbled upon an internal hardware info screen which was quite surprising.

I made a video on three ways to update the box without flashing.

I have written all the info I could find , i update my video description and or webpage with video.

Hope this helped , please give kudos
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by GadgetsHome; 10-02-2019, 09:55.

Nice, simple, quick review. Welcome to FreakTab.

One big Problem, your device has the Allwinner H6 CPU. Which is not Amlogic, even though the system says it is, Oranth the parent company of Tanix make TV box with both companies chipsets and whoever was editing the firmware for release didn't verify simple things like making sure the device was named properly.

Here is the link to the TX6 forum thread and directly to the latest firmware : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...059#post782059

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Nice, simple, quick review. Welcome to FreakTab.

One big Problem, your device has the Allwinner H6 CPU. Which is not Amlogic, even though the system says it is, Oranth the parent company of Tanix make TV box with both companies chipsets and whoever was editing the firmware for release didn't verify simple things like making sure the device was named properly.

Here is the link to the TX6 forum thread and directly to the latest firmware : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...059#post782059
      So it is the PARENT company, that must be good..
      so whos Allwinner is it ?

I just sold mine. gonna get a Tanix or other one to test.

Comment

Allwinner is a chip manufacturer, they make the H6 "CPU" chip that is inside the TX6.

Comment

Allwinner is a chip manufacturer, they make the H6 "CPU" chip that is inside the TX6.
          The A53 is in many devices, tablets and phones too.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetsHome View Post

The A53 is in many devices, tablets and phones too.
            A53 is a classification of the ARM cpu core type, the bigger the value A55, A75, the more powerful the whole CPU is.

Yes, A53 cores are budget cores found in a lot of ARM chipped devices.

Comment

A53 is a classification of the ARM cpu core type, the bigger the value A55, A75, the more powerful the whole CPU is.

Yes, A53 cores are budget cores found in a lot of ARM chipped devices.
              Indeed. What processor my next device will be I am unsure.
              I did notice a similar model with ARM running at 1.9GHz , I definitely considering faster for future proofing.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetsHome View Post
                Hi, I recently got the TX6 and put it through some tech testing.

Setting the 4K resolution Loading a 4k HEVC video, a Youtube 4k test and Hardware info tests.

I also stumbled upon an internal hardware info screen which was quite surprising.

I made a video on three ways to update the box without flashing.

I have written all the info I could find , i update my video description and or webpage with video.

Hope this helped , please give kudos
                The good thing with this Box, is that it was rooted / had root access enabled.
                Although I not used any apps that needed it so far.

Comment

Working...
                X