Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a ROM for this new box

Hello,

I am quite new to Android TV boxes but I have been an Android fan for many years, and I know my way around ROMs and OS as well as flashing and modding electronics. I just got this box off amazon due to eliminating our DirecTV bill and I am not very happy with the ROM/OS on this box. It's extremely ugly, and it has very little customization. Also I guess where it is a newer Android version (9) it cannot download many apps in the Play Store due to "incompatibility".

I am just curious if anyone here has messed with one of these yet, and if there are ROMs verified working? Otherwise I will start experimenting soon.

Link to product: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    System Config OS: Android 9.0 CPU: Amlogic Quadcore cortex-A53,up to 1.5GHz GPU: Mail-450 GPU FLASH: 4GB SDRAM: 64GB Wireless: 5G & 2.4GHz Wifi USB host:USB 3.0+ 2.0 Card reader: TF/SDHC/MMC cards Ethernet:Standard 10/100M , Gigabit RJ-45
    3D: Hardware 3D graphics accelerationHigh Definition video output: 4K*2K Power Supply: DC 5V/2A

Originally posted by OneZeR0 View Post
    Hello,

I am quite new to Android TV boxes but I have been an Android fan for many years, and I know my way around ROMs and OS as well as flashing and modding electronics. I just got this box off amazon due to eliminating our DirecTV bill and I am not very happy with the ROM/OS on this box. It's extremely ugly, and it has very little customization. Also I guess where it is a newer Android version (9) it cannot download many apps in the Play Store due to "incompatibility".

I am just curious if anyone here has messed with one of these yet, and if there are ROMs verified working? Otherwise I will start experimenting soon.

Link to product: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    System Config OS: Android 9.0 CPU: Amlogic Quadcore cortex-A53,up to 1.5GHz GPU: Mail-450 GPU FLASH: 4GB SDRAM: 64GB Wireless: 5G & 2.4GHz Wifi USB host:USB 3.0+ 2.0 Card reader: TF/SDHC/MMC cards Ethernet:Standard 10/100M , Gigabit RJ-45
    3D: Hardware 3D graphics accelerationHigh Definition video output: 4K*2K Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
    Hi ,

that is the Problem with most ChinaBoxes , first you can use another Launcher , second you can use other Stores like Aptoide , APKpure , and similar , but best is to look first for a CustomRom , if available , but remember the Wifidriver must fit , sometimes same PCBs but other Wifi or spare parts ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

that is the Problem with most ChinaBoxes , first you can use another Launcher , second you can use other Stores like Aptoide , APKpure , and similar , but best is to look first for a CustomRom , if available , but remember the Wifidriver must fit , sometimes same PCBs but other Wifi or spare parts ,

good luck / gefattern
      Hello!

Yes, i see the S905 has the same SoC but I am not sure if the WiFi is the same or not. I haven't taken it apart yet, was hoping someone here has seen this box already.

Comment

Originally posted by OneZeR0 View Post

Hello!

Yes, i see the S905 has the same SoC but I am not sure if the WiFi is the same or not. I haven't taken it apart yet, was hoping someone here has seen this box already.
        Hi ,

it is a S905W , not sure if Roms exist ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

good luck / gefattern
          What happens when wifi want feet and I'm not using wifi since I'm using LAN connection, still need to look for proper wifi cheep for the firmware to be campatable?

Comment

Hi ,

if you use LAN , no need for Wifi , if the Rom you want to install supports it , for your Box , no Problem ,

important Rom runs stable ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

If I have only TWRP backup only. No recovery.img backup (can't find any for this new box). I still will be able to reinstall with TWRP, after loading the wrong recovery.img trying different custom ROMs via Amlogic's USB Burning Tool?
              Last edited by styr; 12-06-2019, 22:49.

Comment

So what firmware fit this box or the S905W?

Comment

OneZeR0 , open the box and take HQ photos from both sides of the board.

Comment

Working...
                  X