Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotes

Hello Everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but i wasnt sure where to post it as it's a general AMLogic question.

So, i have a few different boxes, with various chips, and different firmware, but i am having a universal problem.

I have a wireless remote, the G10 (can post a link to it if required), and for some reason, certain buttons work, while most do not.

Is there an APK i can install that can provide "drivers" so the remote works, or is there something else i have to do? It's a run of the mill 2.4ghz remote with a usb dongle.

Let me know, as the problem is driving me insane. It works on some boxes, and not others. (one box does not even recognize the back button).

Appreciate the help in advance, thanks!

last time i saw an issue similar to this it was because i had accidently paired the wrong USB dongle to my keyboard remote, but the fact it works on some devices and not others suggests a software issue,, unfortunatley android drivers dont come in APK files, the often come in .KO files, what also might be wrong or missing is files in your system/usr/keylayout see picture link (Upload wont work on here) although is is strange that it wont work even though its USB

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post
      last time i saw an issue similar to this it was because i had accidently paired the wrong USB dongle to my keyboard remote, but the fact it works on some devices and not others suggests a software issue,, unfortunatley android drivers dont come in APK files, the often come in .KO files, what also might be wrong or missing is files in your system/usr/keylayout see picture link (Upload wont work on here) although is is strange that it wont work even though its USB

Thanks for your informative post, i very much appreciate it!

With that said, it does seem like a software issue. the G10 remote, is the one that came bundled with my GT king. It works on my x96 mini with ATVXperience, but not on the MXQ PRO (awful box, which i flashed to many different firmwares, none worked with the remote in question) nor does it work on the X96s (S905Y2) with Slimbox ATV firmware.

On the X96s, it will navigate through the menu, but the OK button will not work, nor will the back button. Power button works to turn it off, but no IR control, which is normal as that needs to be a learned command from the original remote.

So, these .KO files, is there a way i can inject them? Any help would be appreciated, as the X96s is now a great box with that awesome firmware, but the remote is just abysmal and awful, which sucks since it is such a nice box.

Thanks again for your help, and further guidance!

P.S. this is the remote in question https://www.fasttech.com/p/9685812

Comment

Try my rom, it was tested on my MXQ pro 4k 1/8GB and would be good to know if that remote works too, its improved atv (made it because ATVX was Laggy and ugly) and it runs much better on 1gb devices https://youtu.be/0uci6Rl70t4

Comment

Try my rom, it was tested on my MXQ pro 4k 1/8GB and would be good to know if that remote works too, its improved atv (made it because ATVX was Laggy and ugly) and it runs much better on 1gb devices https://youtu.be/0uci6Rl70t4
          Thanks for your respnse, i actually did use your rom, it worked, but the remote didn't.

Exact same behaviour.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Cafpy90 View Post

Thanks for your respnse, i actually did use your rom, it worked, but the remote didn't.

Exact same behaviour.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
            the remote works on 1 box even if they have the same firmware? Amd what version of atv xperience (v2h, v2f, v2ff ect)

Comment

the remote works on 1 box even if they have the same firmware? Amd what version of atv xperience (v2h, v2f, v2ff ect)
              Hello again,

On the x96 mini, its the FF revision.

Boxes it does work on, gt king, x96 mini.

?It doesn't work on the mxq, on every firmware i tried, and that was many. The x96s with slimbox firmware, also does not work.

I just see no reason for it not to work. They are supposed to be universal. Very frustrating.

I appreciate the time your taking!

Comment

Hello again,

On the x96 mini, its the FF revision.

Boxes it does work on, gt king, x96 mini.

?It doesn't work on the mxq, on every firmware i tried, and that was many. The x96s with slimbox firmware, also does not work.

I just see no reason for it not to work. They are supposed to be universal. Very frustrating.

I appreciate the time your taking!
                Ok with having same FW on both devices and still seeing the same problem (remote on one only) then that would indicate the IR Sensor may have diffrent gpio pins, similar to how custom roms can mess up LED behaviour, install termux (terminal app) and run "dmesg" then press a button on non working remote and run "dmesg" again with should see a message saying "remote: wrong custom code" at the bottom

Comment

Ok with having same FW on both devices and still seeing the same problem (remote on one only) then that would indicate the IR Sensor may have diffrent gpio pins, similar to how custom roms can mess up LED behaviour, install termux (terminal app) and run "dmesg" then press a button on non working remote and run "dmesg" again with should see a message saying "remote: wrong custom code" at the bottom
                  Awesome! I will do that and get back to you.

Now lets say, i see that message. What is my recourse in this situation?

Edit - i did some research and it seems like remote.conf needs to be edited manually if it's wrong. Is there some sort of apk i can install that will allow all remotes to work, or is that wishful thinking lol.
                  Last edited by Cafpy90; 07-02-2020, 19:34.

Comment

Awesome! I will do that and get back to you.

Now lets say, i see that message. What is my recourse in this situation?

Edit - i did some research and it seems like remote.conf needs to be edited manually if it's wrong. Is there some sort of apk i can install that will allow all remotes to work, or is that wishful thinking lol.
                    if you see either message that starts with remote: wrong custom code OR remote: press ir code that means the remote is seen by the box and you need to edit remote.conf, if not that means the IR sensor in your box isnt detected/not working

If it is detected then you have to press a button, run dmesg and get the remote code and the button code and replace the codes in the remote.conf

Unfortunatley There is no APK to make remotes work

Comment

if you see either message that starts with remote: wrong custom code OR remote: press ir code that means the remote is seen by the box and you need to edit remote.conf, if not that means the IR sensor in your box isnt detected/not working

If it is detected then you have to press a button, run dmesg and get the remote code and the button code and replace the codes in the remote.conf

Unfortunatley There is no APK to make remotes work
                      Thanks a lot. I figured this would be the case after i read it.

Appreciate the help!

Comment

No worries good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X