NEW - Jynxbox HD&mini, Mygica TV310b, Geniatech TV510b - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Jynxbox HD&mini, Mygica TV310b, Geniatech TV510b - Finless ROM 1.4

Hey folks, as I am getting more comfortable with AML I decided to work on a ROM for my year old Jynxbox HD. I never really messed with it much as it was slow and clunky and back then there was not much info about it.

Well Jynxbox released a new ROM for it back in September 2013 so I decided it was time to see what I could do with this thing! I also found some Geniatech and Mygica ROMs. Their devices are the TV310B and GTV510B.

Basically AML8276-M3 devices.

So a week later and I got this box running pretty damn good I think! So time to share my ROM with you all.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM.

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk.

2) I have updated the Google Play and framework to the latest version.
    You should have no updates needed when you first logon to google play!

3) I debloated all the junk apps and launchers! I like a CLEAN ROM to start with.
    However, I give you all these available in the hidden partition I enabled (see below).

4) I got rid of the "cartoon" looking mouse pointer and used a better looking pointer.

5) As always, I added full init.d support!
    If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
    For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    To set it up, install busybox from Google Play or from the protected_nand_disk as I put it there too.
    Boot.img has been edited to automatically setup init.d once the new busybox is installed.

6) Again I removed all the trashy launchers and added the standard AOSP launcher.
    You also have left the Metro Geniatech launcher as well as XBMC as a launcher.

7) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
    For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will now NOT show up as a stvmx device to Google Play anymore!
    It will show up as a GT-I9300.
    Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop
    to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot!
    Please also note about this change! The update APP will no longer work!
    It checks for stvmx device name and thus wont work with GT-i9300 name.
    Again to change that use the original build.prop as explained above.

10) Other perfomance tweaks I usually do to my ROMs.

Finally.... SPEED is what I am about. I think you folks will like this ROM for that reason!
    I think this is the most tuned ROM I can make at this time.

Here is the ROM download link:

ROM -> Jynxbox HD & Mini, Mygica TV310B, Geniatech TV510B - Finless 1.4 ROM (235 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 01-28-2014, 17:54.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Identifying my 'MX' box

Hi Bob, looking for a new rom for my box and wondering if this would suit. The box I have is round and has mx printed on it. The site I bought it from lists it as an AML8726 MX U6D google tv. Is there an info screen somewhere or a way to access info through Es explorer that I can check?

I just want to be relatively sure pre flashing. My box is working fine and I'm already on 4.2.2, I'm just keen to try out one of your roms

Last edited by ExParis; 01-26-2014, 00:54.

Comment

@finless a Your advice would be greatly appreciated

QUOTE=Finless;137252]Hey folks, as I am getting more comfortable with AML I decided to work on a ROM for my year old Jynxbox HD. I never really messed with it much as it was slow and clunky and back then there was not much info about it.

Well Jynxbox released a new ROM for it back in September 2013 so I decided it was time to see what I could do with this thing! I also found some Geniatech and Mygica ROMs. Their devices are the TV310B and GTV510B.

So a week later and I got this box running pretty damn good I think! So time to share my ROM with you all.

3) I debloated all the junk apps and launchers! I like a CLEAN ROM to start with.
      However, I give you all these available in the hidden partition I enabled (see below).

4) I got rid of the "cartoon" looking mouse pointer and used a better looking pointer.

To set it up, install busybox from Google Play or from the protected_nand_disk as I put it there too.
      Boot.img has been edited to automatically setup init.d once the new busybox is installed.

6) Again I removed all the trashy launchers and added the standard AOSP launcher.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
      Understand this please.
      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop
      to build.old
      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
      Reboot!

Finally.... SPEED is what I am about. I think you folks will like this ROM for that reason!

ROM -> Jynxbox HD & Mini, Mygica TV310B, Geniatech TV510B - Finless 1.4 ROM (235 megs)

Enjoy,
      Bob[/QUOTE]

Comment

You have a MX box not a M3 which this ROM is for.

My Jynxbox M6 ROM might work but you need to check your NAND partition info and make sure it matches!
        If it doesn't then don't even try it.

Please read the readme in my ROM download for how to check your box.
        Best I can tell you. There are MANY MX devices and not all of them are cross compatible.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          You have a MX box not a M3 which this ROM is for.

My Jynxbox M6 ROM might work but you need to check your NAND partition info and make sure it matches!
          If it doesn't then don't even try it.

Please read the readme in my ROM download for how to check your box.
          Best I can tell you. There are MANY MX devices and not all of them are cross compatible.

Bob
          Thanks a million Bob, I know it sounds odd but having trawled through a million forums I was no closer to seeing if this was MX or what it is! I'll have a look at the Jynxbox M6 rom post and see what I can figure out. Really hope I can get one of your Roms on here, I've been itching to mess with this box and I've got an EKB311b box on the way which I've already got all the software required pc side to get started flashing as soon as the postman brings it.

Thanks very much again for your help Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ExParis View Post
            Thanks a million Bob, I know it sounds odd but having trawled through a million forums I was no closer to seeing if this was MX or what it is! I'll have a look at the Jynxbox M6 rom post and see what I can figure out. Really hope I can get one of your Roms on here, I've been itching to mess with this box and I've got an EKB311b box on the way which I've already got all the software required pc side to get started flashing as soon as the postman brings it.

Thanks very much again for your help Bob

Bottom line if you can give me a link to the stock ROM, I can have a look at it and see if it works on one of my boxes. If it does I can tell you what to use. If it doesn't, I can probably "attempt" to make a ROM.

Bottom line with "most recent" AML boxes. As long as you never flash recovery or uboot, you should always be able to recover pretty easily.

Bob

Comment

Bottom line if you can give me a link to the stock ROM, I can have a look at it and see if it works on one of my boxes. If it does I can tell you what to use. If it doesn't, I can probably "attempt" to make a ROM.

Bottom line with "most recent" AML boxes. As long as you never flash recovery or uboot, you should always be able to recover pretty easily.

Bob
              Hey Bob, I'm getting there, slowly but surely. so - did the terminal enquiry and it shows different format to yours, not disheartened I took a punt on the gbox midnight rom working and so have got that working now. Its my understanding that once ive gotten to 1.1.6 this should rejig my partitions so that yours will work - is this right?

:/

Comment

Hey Bob, I'm getting there, slowly but surely. so - did the terminal enquiry and it shows different format to yours, not disheartened I took a punt on the gbox midnight rom working and so have got that working now. Its my understanding that once ive gotten to 1.1.6 this should rejig my partitions so that yours will work - is this right?

:/
                Frustrated now it wont let me update past 1.1.5, It downloads the update just fine, I tick both boxes, it restarts and i see my little green man, he does his dance and buggers off.After reboot et voila! - nothing changed! - tried again, nothing!

Losing the will to live - and I already know the other box is a tougher proposition and done mostly PC side, but I'm more comfortable that end -

Any clues as to what I'm missing? The box looks and feels identical to before - the only change is in its name in settings - before it was dmx now its gbox midnight mx2

Anyway I need sleep - postman will be here in 4 hours and he may have the new box -

Comment

Frustrated now it wont let me update past 1.1.5, It downloads the update just fine, I tick both boxes, it restarts and i see my little green man, he does his dance and buggers off.After reboot et voila! - nothing changed! - tried again, nothing!

Losing the will to live - and I already know the other box is a tougher proposition and done mostly PC side, but I'm more comfortable that end -

Any clues as to what I'm missing? The box looks and feels identical to before - the only change is in its name in settings - before it was dmx now its gbox midnight mx2

Anyway I need sleep - postman will be here in 4 hours and he may have the new box -
                  @finless Hey Bob, I'm going around in circles, unfortunately the new box didn't arrive so (I'm -(damn bipolar)) stuck in a loop of trying actions I know will fail but having no way around so banging head against wall time. I'd really like to understand this stuff, my brain works this way! I need to find a site that can help me break it down and digest better, I get so far and logically I'm all good and every action is expected, then it goes on a tangent that in honesty I can't follow. I'm inquisitive by nature and at times completely reckless, ( I get brave with current box when new one on order been the same on pc's
                  , phones and tablets since they were respectively released please help. I'm trying and failing a little too frequently

Comment

Houston, I think we have lift off!!

Hey Bob, had another thought, logically if this works with gbox midnight mx2 and reports as such, balls to the OTA I'm going to the source - downloading 1.1.6 from matricom, will run it then my box should have new mtd and thus work on yours.

unless I misunderstood, regardless you've mentioned this box is hard to brick brick so I'm brave. New box didn't arrive today so more time to get this one sorted before the new one is a project

Comment

Ok so got 1.1.6 working, I like it, it's fast and fluid and everything works tight out the gate.

ran terminal cat /proc/mtd and the out put is way different to yours still (IMG attached)

must be the old style mtd I assume, how can I change this?

feel like I've had some success in my endeavours today anyway.

new box should be here tomorrow, I meant to ask you if you had any experience of the EKB311 RK3188 Chip? Not sure so dad if it'll be a b or t type

Comment

I have not yet figured out how to change the MTD format! TRUS ME I have tried.
                        All this is tied to the kernel and u-boot.... Then add in recovery.

Anyway I am getting pretty comfortable with AML now. So why not just give me a link to the best ROM you found and let me have my hand at it! You will be a beta tester if I cannot get this to work on the 4 AML boxes I have here. OK?

Bob

Comment

I have not yet figured out how to change the MTD format! TRUS ME I have tried.
                          All this is tied to the kernel and u-boot.... Then add in recovery.

Anyway I am getting pretty comfortable with AML now. So why not just give me a link to the best ROM you found and let me have my hand at it! You will be a beta tester if I cannot get this to work on the 4 AML boxes I have here. OK?

Bob
                          Sounds like a plan to me

let eat me see if I understand this correctly, it's the same hw, but the structure of the new mtd is at kernel level?

im trying to keep up, honest! Having fun getting lost in the wilderness along the way!

in terms of what works btw, the stock 1.1.6 matricom fw is working really well, if you can somehow use this as a base for the build that would be ideal, tbh there are bits working on this box now that never have worked so I'm confident that this is as close to what should be on this hw as possible.

thanks again for your help and advice. Should only be a few hours left until the ekb311 arrives

Stevie

Comment

OMG! Finless is putting a lot of effort into Amlogic. I wish more devs and support come to Amlogic because the XBMC hardware acceleration is amazing. Thank you so much for your blood, sweat, and tears!

Comment

Jynxbox hd

Hy
                              I try to flash the img on my Jynxbox Hd m3 the image and i get the error message
                              "E:signature verification failed"
                              Pls help
                              regards

Hey folks, as I am getting more comfortable with AML I decided to work on a ROM for my year old Jynxbox HD. I never really messed with it much as it was slow and clunky and back then there was not much info about it.

Understand this please.
                              to build.old
                              Reboot!

Enjoy,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X