NEW - Jynxbox HD&mini, Mygica TV310b, Geniatech TV510b - Finless ROM 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya Scooter,

The box was only released yesterday, so I expect to see the first real hands-on reviews to start appearing tommorow.

Root is definitly something that worries me about the box. I don't think we'll be out of luck for streaming content as it already has a plex app. I prefer XBMC much more of course.

Amazon has been blocking and defeating XDAs attempts to keep rooting it's latest fire tablet. We'll just have to see what can be done. If I can't stream my content then I still have my gbox to run XBMC on. Running two systems is not the solution I was hoping for, but I am sure the fire tv will be a high quality, fast, streaming box.

If it turns out we can never root it, and that one of these chinese manufacturers finally pop out a good box that doesn't keep me spending more time getting the perfect experience than actually using my tv for media, then I'll sell the fire and buy a good quad-core competing device.

Comment

Originally posted by dismantler View Post
      I hear ya Scooter,

The box was only released yesterday, so I expect to see the first real hands-on reviews to start appearing tommorow.

Root is definitly something that worries me about the box. I don't think we'll be out of luck for streaming content as it already has a plex app. I prefer XBMC much more of course.

Amazon has been blocking and defeating XDAs attempts to keep rooting it's latest fire tablet. We'll just have to see what can be done. If I can't stream my content then I still have my gbox to run XBMC on. Running two systems is not the solution I was hoping for, but I am sure the fire tv will be a high quality, fast, streaming box.

If it turns out we can never root it, and that one of these chinese manufacturers finally pop out a good box that doesn't keep me spending more time getting the perfect experience than actually using my tv for media, then I'll sell the fire and buy a good quad-core competing device.

ya here that too had hoped same of the madcatz box and got disappointed again lol
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
        Yes would be nice to have a supported one and specs impressive from that stand point if actual snap pro used. (again havent seen a actual box being tested)

where is link to sales on this or at least one review of it hands on. google, Apple TV samsung bigger compaines then amazon have offered same solutions and fallen short was my comment. Hey ill be one to jump both feet in and say great job but nneed some facts first (wait and see if they allow source code or roms or even rooted system. may be closed ? Then its good luck running anything but what they want you too....

run xbmc on it think about what you just said ?????? why would Amazon allow you to do that..... goes against every single reason they have created this tv box for..... i will wait till a few hands on reviews first.
        Good logic, guess I will be doing the same. Waiting for real reviews from real owners.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Ok update for you so your aware. System is custom and LOCKED ! That means you can not root it is not running andriod it's running the locked amazon software.

That also means you can not install your own software other then what they allow you to install. Edit yes Dave I seen release at bottom doh! , xbmc your out of luck as thats why they sold box so cheap was to make sure you use their content.

Sorry wouldn't post this till I had it confirmed as fact...... They say they will work with dev to port to their system I missed that sorry yes, google and others they allowed access.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

It is a modified version of Android 4.2 according to another member of this site:

There's no question if it's Android. The question is how locked will it be.

For the moment at least someone has side-loaded an app:

DEVELOPMENT Connect Using ADB: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/connect-adb.html Install APKS: https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/app-install.html rHL42krl7IA APPS Working: Adobe Flash with Firefox *Thanks destinal* Allcast - Reported...

Though it appears there are DPI issues.

Amazon has made an effort to make it easy to port apps as well:

"The device runs "Mojito," version 3.0 of the Android-based Kindle Fire OS which is compatible with Android 4.4.2 KitKat. According to Amazon, that will make it "simple for developers to port their services and games over to Fire TV."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Fire_TV

If you'd like to continue this discussion then we should probably move it to a more appropriate thread (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...TV-now-on-sale!), I feel bad for cluttering Finless's thread.

Comment

Ya true. Me too.

Comment

Just a couple of hours have passed since many had received their Fire TV in the US and they had confirmed that you can install apps from unknown sources and sideload. I've been monitoring 2 threads with people that had sideloaded XBMC and running it already on the Fire TV.

The thing is that with builds like 12.2 and 12.3 users are reporting choppy or lagging play back of HD files although SD files play well. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=191109&page=11

At least I'm happy XBMC can be isntalled and runs on it. I guess soon knowledgeable people will get XBMC running like they have on the Fire HDX.

Another thing there is not a native app for DLNA but Plex is reported to work great. That means it is a matter or time for some dev to do an app for that or sideloading a DLNA capable one.

Comment

Hi I got an ATV310B for about $35.00

Several questions:
                  1) How do I root it?
                  2) Is there a custom recovery?
                  3) Can I backup the current rom?
                  4) To install your rom I would only flash finless14.img, not the spi update
                  5) Pivos has a new firmware for the M3:

Official XIOS Firmware Release (latest: ICS-030614-M3)

Would you update your rom with the latest base? Would it have any benefit?

Thanks for everything!

Comment

Working...
                  X