Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JustMe
    replied
    there should be world wide sanction like paypal where if the seller post false credentials of the unit they would be stripped of the money. China would be great raw model of they had customer service as in sending right items and goods also if they were fault doa etc this what is killing them customer service and trying to retain and gain more clients Chinese my self but they are hard people to deal with especially if they are going to loose money

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    There is another s802 device I've seen that has a water drop wave design on the top, I think its SZ Tomato. Will geekbuying carry this model?

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    I know that factory. that design won't come to retail market, it is just for B2B business. Tomato should list that on alibaba. i know that.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
    now the dolby dts passthrough only work on XBMC via software decoding. only S802DD chip support hardware decoding.
    now there is no device which use s802dd. and only tronsmart and minix said they will release version with s802dd.

Eric
    There is another s802 device I've seen that has a water drop wave design on the top, I think its SZ Tomato. Will geekbuying carry this model?

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Like I said in my Vega FAQ, don't risk the **** Russian Roulette or the Aliexpress tango. It's just not worth the hassle unless you can't find it on geekbuying.

oh,if you can't find in geekbuying, PM me, i will ask them to list on site.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
    thanks guys so many fake and misleading websites I have to order one from geekbuying so from reading vega better than m8 due to wifi issues
    Like I said in my Vega FAQ, don't risk the **** Russian Roulette or the Aliexpress tango. It's just not worth the hassle unless you can't find it on geekbuying.

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied
    thanks guys so many fake and misleading websites I have to order one from geekbuying so from reading vega better than m8 due to wifi issues

Leave a comment:

• geekbuying
    replied
    Guys, I'm little confused I been reading most of the thread some seller claim that they are selling m8 s802 B version or s802DD that supports passthrough Dolby and DTS. My question is are these fakes is there just s802 and these companies just faking it can do dolby and dts pass through. or have they found a way to do it via rom decode tks
    now the dolby dts passthrough only work on XBMC via software decoding. only S802DD chip support hardware decoding.
    now there is no device which use s802dd. and only tronsmart and minix said they will release version with s802dd.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    I rooted and reinstalled xbmc but still same problem lol only audio playing with amlogic decoder enabled. It works if you enable Libstagefright by itself. Used to work with amlogic decoder with previous firmware. I checked superuser app and xbmc has been granted rights so not sure whats going on any ideas?

correction libstagefright is runnning like crap esp with passthrough enabled. Something is different with this firmware.. may revert back to other one for the time being
    Can you enable debugging in xbmc, enable verbose for audio and ffmpeg and post xbmc.log while playing videos in AMLogic decoder. Also can you send me dmesg I'm interested to see what's causing your decoder to not work.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Guys, I'm little confused I been reading most of the thread some seller claim that they are selling m8 s802 B version or s802DD that supports passthrough Dolby and DTS. My question is are these fakes is there just s802 and these companies just faking it can do dolby and dts pass through. or have they found a way to do it via rom decode tks
    There are NO s802DD devices released to the general public yet as AMLogic has only released developer samples

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    XBMC has it coded in to reset the permissions specifically for AMLogic. Apparently this is a common AMLogic issue.

I rooted and reinstalled xbmc but still same problem lol only audio playing with amlogic decoder enabled. It works if you enable Libstagefright by itself. Used to work with amlogic decoder with previous firmware. I checked superuser app and xbmc has been granted rights so not sure whats going on any ideas?

correction libstagefright is runnning like crap esp with passthrough enabled. Something is different with this firmware.. may revert back to other one for the time being

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    i think you were right about having to be rooted because I'm having the same problem as before after upgrading to this newest firmware. I am thinking the last one I was on was rooted and this isnt because I have no video, just audio again. Finless please root this firmware i dont have a male to male usb cord to manually do it.

nevermind.. just seen his post to root
    XBMC has it coded in to reset the permissions specifically for AMLogic. Apparently this is a common AMLogic issue.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    I'm poking around this ROM right now, not too many differences few goodies.

i think you were right about having to be rooted because I'm having the same problem as before after upgrading to this newest firmware. I am thinking the last one I was on was rooted and this isnt because I have no video, just audio again. Finless please root this firmware i dont have a male to male usb cord to manually do it.

nevermind.. just seen his post to root
    Last edited by rlaursen; 04-21-2014, 23:33.

Leave a comment:

• Mheel
    replied
    Different M8 boxes?

Is there any difference between these M8 boxes or are they using the same firmware?

I have ordered one from ****** but is wondering if i can use finnless or eny firmware?

//Magnus

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Originally posted by Somatom View Post
    Not compatible, becouse the TVboxes (without build.prop mod) using only landscape mode. But this speedtest app don't have landscape mode. You see a 9:16 frame on 16:9 screen.
    Sorry for my bad english!

GT-I9100 (Wanam14.1-Dori8.43), Concorde 401BT (AP6210, Neomode1.9a)

Use a rotation lock app from the Play Store.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X