No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External wifi antenna would be great. Also 16 gb nand flash and camera.

Lets buy one before they start putting second quality chips in the device, just like they did with rockchip 3188 -> 3188 T.
    Last edited by ssspacman; 02-16-2014, 08:12.

Comment

I got the offer from Tomato International Group Co Limited Shenzhen Tomato Technology Co.,Ltd: M8(black quad core) $74.00 + Shipping cost by DHL $49 + paypal fee $6.15 = Total amount $129.15

So, the price of the new M8 will be similar like MX2 players.

Comment

Cool.. looking at the name of unit.. on geekbuying... its the sztomato S8
        -cheers eric

I ordered one from geekbuying.. dhl.. so, we will quickly see.. how good this device is

Comment

Andorid OS

Originally posted by dookie View Post

Looks to me like this one on geekbuying is 4.3 Jelly Been. I hope these devices have kitkat instead because this would put me on hold on getting one. Kitkat has been out for 3 months so any new device at this point should be working or using that version. Also I'm waiting to see mini pcs with rk3288 chips and how it will compare to whats already out there. I will say this might be a very interesting yr of testing.

Comment

At the moment we could choose between 3 types of square boxes and one rounded.

Only one comes with known remote and it could be seen here (the same remote as the one that comes with MX2 clones):

Last edited by dankec; 02-17-2014, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
              At the moment we could choose between 3 types of square boxes and one rounded.

Only one comes with known remote and it could be seen here:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/15..._Core.html?s=p
              My guess is that the box in your link is a rebadged MX dual core, a pre release image, If you look at the link below you will see a picture of the box in your link and another image of an EM8.
              Also all the new images of the quad core boxes are showing optical SPDIF, the dual core MX boxes were coax, hopefully someone will make a coax version.
              For me the MX box is what I want but with the S802 processor.

Comment

EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Spec says 1920x1080 output which matches my expectation.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  Spec says 1920x1080 output which matches my expectation.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                  Eny now list two variants on their website, EM8 and ES8, no M8, I think the M8 image was a photoshoped MX box for the marketing dept. The spec on the products section of the ENY website now say they handle 4K2 res.
                  If they handle 1080p well, then I will be quite happy as I don't see myself getting a 4k2 display anytime soon.

ENY EM8 http://www.enybox.com/En/product/html/?192.html

ENY ES8 http://www.enybox.com/En/product/html/?193.html

The amlogic quad cores I have found so far are:
                  M8 - don't think this really exists, also has been shown as the EM8
                  EM8 - beveled edge on case, triangular power button/LED, optical out, 2 USB ports on back - also branded as 'Tomato' http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/16...X_Android.html

ES8 - as EM8 but with teardrop shape button/LED and ripple effect lid (looks like they probably share the same board). - also branded as 'Tomato' http://www.sztomato.cn/product/16168...bmc_2G_8G.html

Also:
                  Geniatec ATV1800
                  Tronsmart Vega
                  Last edited by fatfreddiescat; 02-17-2014, 20:19.

Comment

Another pre-sale here:

Comment

GeekBuying is your best provider of TV Box, streaming player, and home theatre PC. Designed for home entertainment, these boxes can play well with your Kodi (XBMC). We are the official partner with top brands like Minix, Tronsmart, Beelink, Rikomagic, etc.

Its shipping now cant wait to test this one out, hope specs dont lie lol......
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                        Certainly some GPU discrepancies.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I do not care about 4k BUT I need to know that the device outputs REAL 1080p smoothly. Waiting for youtube reviews.

Comment

Oh jees, I'm so tempted by this. I just got an Intel Haswell NUC and its so so much better than any Android box I've had but my inner geek is forcing me to buy this!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ya thats my motivation too that and got my refund for wrong goods finally so off to try. Its from China so I take everything with a OK lets see if specs are same as what they send :-)
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

ok, let me make it clearly.

First, now in market, there is only three factory working on those S802 chip android tv box, and there is only three models in market, they are: tronsmart vega s89, M8, and S8.

We have visited all of this factory, and talk with them. now the information we get is:

there will have two version for S802, like what tronsmart said,
                                2G/16G with 2.4Ghz/5Ghz wifi, wifi module is AP6330.
                                and the other is 2G/8G with 2.4Ghz wifi, wifi module is realtek 8188.

M8 and S8 are use the same PCBA board, just different case. tronsmart vega s89 have different PCBA shape.

and the system which shipping should be android 4.4 kitkat.

and XBMC should built it and support hardware decoding.

support Dolby but DTS passthrough still have noise problems.

now all of them are all not in stock, we should get the sample this week, or at last, next week about 25th.

the real stock should come at least next month.

so you guys have to wait.

i will share more informations when i get more.

Eric
                                Geekbuying
                                Looking for developers
                                http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Working...
                                X