No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far we've tested the S802 demo box and it's incapable to output any Dolby or DTS audio @ stock player but OK @ XBMC to output PCM audio. (but no video output, blank screen).

stock player - no PCM, no passthrough
    XBMC - PCM, no display

Regarding passthrough, only the box using S802DD chip will be capable according to AMLogic representatives.

S802 - no Dolby, no DTS;
    S802D - Dolby, no DTS; [selling to Dolby members only]
    S802DD - Dolby, DTS. [selling to Dolby & DTS members only]

XBMC latest nightlies (20140218) running at [email protected] @ 28fps average.
    HW decoding is not working yet.

This chip is still very early to become usable. Hope these help.
    Last edited by MINIX; 02-19-2014, 06:39.

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
      So far we've tested the S802 demo box and it's incapable to output any Dolby or DTS audio @ stock player but OK @ XBMC to output PCM audio. (but no video output, blank screen).

XBMC - PCM, no display

Regarding passthrough, only the box using S802DD chip will be capable according to AMLogic representatives.

S802 - no Dolby, no DTS;

Yes, it helps, camping for more

Comment

XBMC - PCM, no display

S802 - no Dolby, no DTS;

amlogic chip always do this, same as Amlogic MX, but the factory use the software to get DTS and Dolby support in MX, factory still working to check if they can make it happen again on the S802.

we will see when the sample get.

but it should be a great device for game. the Mali 450 improve a lot than Mali 400.

but yes, if you want a great media player, please wait for my review, i will test sample, talk with factory, and then share thought.
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

passthrough

Eric the 8 gig model shows the optical so maybe its software workaround for getting to work without the noise as had been done with other devices. See if you can confirm that all will have the optical connection?

Regards.

Ps jellus that your getting to test drive them :-)-----
          Last edited by scooter2014; 02-19-2014, 16:41.
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

S802 - no Dolby, no DTS;
            A quote from GKB (M8 Android TV Box):
            DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD Bypass through HDMI
            Also a GKB representative mentioned, that it
            support Dolby but DTS passthrough still have noise problems
            I'm not sure what to think now

Comment

The fun should begin soon I hope

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OK, another news from GKB service representative:

[18:45:58] customer service02: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/S8-An...ck-324610.html has the IR sensor, and has passthrough for DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD,
                [19:13:04] customer service02: dear ,about the this item : http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ck-324676.html sorry to tell u that there haven't the IR IR sensor,and passthough for DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc
                Seems to be that Tronsmart Vega S89 does not provide some features S8 does. On the other hand S89's page says "IR Sensor" while S8 doesn't. Where is the truth?

P.S. As far as I understood, S8 model holds Tomato brand. How good these guys are with firmware updates? And also, is this the same with Eny Technology ES8, like dualband WiFi and such?
                Last edited by YujiTFD; 02-20-2014, 19:12. Reason: Parser ate my link. Again. Q_Q

Comment

Tronsmart site says http://www.tronsmart.com/Item/72 it is octa core CPU and GeekBuying site shows it as quad core CPU. Which one is right?

Any idea if Tronsmart Vega S89 is coming with 1080p kitkat firmware or 720p?

Thanks,
                  Gopichand Pai
                  ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Ok, guys, I just got the first Tronsmart Vega S89 beta PCBA board to test, let me share more informtion:

In my last message, i said there will be two version for S802, see this:
                    there will have two version for S802, like what tronsmart said,
                    2G/16G with 2.4Ghz/5Ghz wifi, wifi module is AP6330.
                    and the other is 2G/8G with 2.4Ghz wifi, wifi module is realtek 8188.
                    '

seems i am wrong, tronsmart give me a surprise, they tell us, they will use the broadcom ap6210 in the 2G/8G version, and broadcom ap6330 in the 2G/16G version, so either vega s89 or elite, tronsmart s802 device will all support bluetooth. but the M8 and S8 will use the realtek 8188, so you won't get bluetooth on that two device. in my opinion, bluetooth is still important now.

back to the PCBA board,though factoy tell us they system still need a lot of improve, but i still can't wait to do some test, and share with you

1 Antutu Score

the score is not as high as i expect, on the onda v975m tablet pc which use the same chip, the antutu score can reach 30000, so i think the factory is right, they still need a lot of improve on the system.

but i can answer some questions already:
                    1 Tronsmart Vega S89 will come with android 4.4 kitkat rom;
                    2 Tronsmart Vega S89 come with true 1080p firmware, not 720p upscale.

ok, now let's check the 4K setting, this is the first tv box which make me found the 4K setting , check the screenshot:

it do give you choice to set the screen resolution to 4K SMPTE. and i also test with my 4K TV, yes, i can play the 4K demo video in this resolution and the image do improve than 1080p mode. oh, i forget to mention, the tronsmart vega s89 built in a 4K media player.

now, let's check the passthrough, the tronsmart vega s89 also give you passthrough settings, see here

DTS is really not supported when i choose HDMI passthrough, i have talked with tronsmart, and they already know the chip about S802D S802DD. they are working on it. i suggest them to get the S802DD version, if not, i think i will let our customers know the DTS and dolby is not working.

stay tuned, and i will test more, and share with you later.

if you have some special things and want me to test, just let me know.

Eric
                    Geekbuying
                    Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by YujiTFD View Post
                      OK, another news from GKB service representative:

Seems to be that Tronsmart Vega S89 does not provide some features S8 does. On the other hand S89's page says "IR Sensor" while S8 doesn't. Where is the truth?

P.S. As far as I understood, S8 model holds Tomato brand. How good these guys are with firmware updates? And also, is this the same with Eny Technology ES8, like dualband WiFi and such?
                      i just confirmed, the tronsmart S89 will have the IR sensor, and there will a free IR remote controller on the package. and i can also confirm, the M8 and S8 also don't support DOLBY DTS Passthrough.

Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                      Tronsmart site says http://www.tronsmart.com/Item/72 it is octa core CPU and GeekBuying site shows it as quad core CPU. Which one is right?

Any idea if Tronsmart Vega S89 is coming with 1080p kitkat firmware or 720p?

Thanks,
                      Gopichand Pai
                      it is 1080p kitkat firmware.
                      Looking for developers

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                        DTS is really not supported when i choose HDMI passthrough, i have talked with tronsmart, and they already know the chip about S802D S802DD. they are working on it. i suggest them to get the S802DD version, if not, i think i will let our customers know the DTS and dolby is not working.
                        Thank you kindly, Eric, you did a helluva job for us geeks!

But you made me wonder: if Tronsmart will get their hands on S802DD, will it happen BEFORE initial S89 release? In other words, if S802DD will happen, will Tronsmart (and you, accordingly) ship S802DD version of S89 from the start OR they will release some "handicapped" version and S802DD version will follow later?
                        Personally, I'll walk with DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD PCM downmix just fine (S89 will provide downmix, right?), I'm just curious

Comment

Thank you kindly, Eric, you did a helluva job for us geeks!

But you made me wonder: if Tronsmart will get their hands on S802DD, will it happen BEFORE initial S89 release? In other words, if S802DD will happen, will Tronsmart (and you, accordingly) ship S802DD version of S89 from the start OR they will release some "handicapped" version and S802DD version will follow later?
                          Personally, I'll walk with DTS-HD/Dolby TrueHD PCM downmix just fine (S89 will provide downmix, right?), I'm just curious
                          If they can get the S802DD chip, then i think they will directly use the S802DDchip instead of the S802.

most of the people should want DTS and dolby.

any change, i will ask my colleague to update our shopping link.

Enjoy!
                          Eric
                          Looking for developers

Comment

If they can get the S802DD chip, then i think they will directly use the S802DDchip instead of the S802.
                            Would be very good outcome, yeah.

Imost of the people should want DTS and dolby.
                            And yes, most of the people should want their player to decode DTS and Dolby (which S89 should do, right?), but not have ability to passthrough so they would need an receiver for actual DTS/DD decoding. Me, for instance, I don't have a home theater system yet, so if, for example, S89 would just decode DTS/DD itself and send signal to TV via HDMI - I will be happy. Will it work like that?

Comment

Would be very good outcome, yeah.

And yes, most of the people should want their player to decode DTS and Dolby (which S89 should do, right?), but not have ability to passthrough so they would need an receiver for actual DTS/DD decoding. Me, for instance, I don't have a home theater system yet, so if, for example, S89 would just decode DTS/DD itself and send signal to TV via HDMI - I will be happy. Will it work like that?
                              I just test, you still can get DTS if you use MX player software decoding....
                              Looking for developers

Comment

Hi Eric,

As there is no external antenna for Tronsmart Vega S89, how is the wifi reception?
                                ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Working...
                                X