Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    I'm not really sure what you mean, but if you want to use add ons from 12.x at 13.x try this:

1. Install Frodo (12.3) (Frodo will not have hardware video decoding for AML (it has special builds but is not official))
    2. Install Add-Ons
    3a. Download and Install Gotham (13.x latest gotham nightly) (it will ask if you want to install and say it needs no new permissions. Then just click on install. It keeps everything from frodo) OR
    3b. Download XBMC Updater from the play store. Click nightlies. Click download. Click install. Click install on the android permissions screen. Upgrade complete.
    => The upgrade keeps your addons
    (But if every add on will work, that's another question)

Leave a comment:

• TMx
    replied
    Hi Guys

There was a kind of advice to sort out that dependencies not met ,network error kind of errors for Gotham but couldn't find it this time... ( it was like installing old version and back on gotham etc. etc. but not exactly sure what was it )

Is there anything we can do to make those add ons work like xbmc 12 or 12.2 ? or any way to make 12 or 12.2 to work on s802 devices?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
    They released a new kitkat port some days ago? Have a link for that?

Signature? Signature!
    Miracle ROM for X7 by Cloudproject

Leave a comment:

• ssspacman
    replied
    Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    In my opinion, you have to wait a rk3288. S802h get out 20/05/2014.... In same time than rk3288....
    Or buy a aml s802 now and you ve passthrough with xbmc now :-)
    Will RK3288 have hardware support Dolby and DTS passthrough?

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
    Very nice!

I have been waiting for device that support DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD Bypass through HDMI!

I really would like a square box but as Finless has this one (without passthrough) his roms should be working on this one.

Hardware
    H.265 HEVC is not supported but I think I can live without that.

Should I get the Tronsmart
    Vega S89-H or wait for the Minix Neo X8S or possible Rockchip RK3288?

Anyone know if passtrough will be supported with Rockchip RK3288?

Maby I should wait for Amlogic S812 (H?) device as that support hardware H.265 HEVC?

In my opinion, you have to wait a rk3288. S802h get out 20/05/2014.... In same time than rk3288....
    Or buy a aml s802 now and you ve passthrough with xbmc now :-)

Leave a comment:

• JugsteR
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    1.) YES

2.)
    Do you read at XDA about the rooting the FireTV and the updates in future?
    If I read it, I think it isn't a device for me...

Do you read about the video stuttering problems with Chromecast?
    If I read it, I know it isn't a device for me...

The benefit of Roku at the moment is, they don't use rk3188T (but I think also the Minix (mini) X7)... (BTW: genny @minixforums.com (the dev of 'DroidMode') published a 4.4.2 KitKat port from the 'PocketKey' of Cloudproject.it to the Minix X7 some days ago ("The secret of this rom is to be as close as possible to Android AOSP"))

Google TV...
    We will see...

They released a new kitkat port some days ago? Have a link for that?

Signature? Signature!

Leave a comment:

• ssspacman
    replied
    Very nice!

I have been waiting for device that support DOLBY TrueHD and DTS HD Bypass through HDMI!

I really would like a square box but as Finless has this one (without passthrough) his roms should be working on this one.

Hardware
    H.265 HEVC is not supported but I think I can live without that.

Should I get the Tronsmart
    Vega S89-H or wait for the Minix Neo X8S or possible Rockchip RK3288?

Anyone know if passtrough will be supported with Rockchip RK3288?

Maby I should wait for Amlogic S812 (H?) device as that support hardware H.265 HEVC?

Last edited by ssspacman; 04-29-2014, 18:53.

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    S802-H Tronsmart

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart Vega S89-H Amlogic S802-H Quad Core Android 4.4 TV BOX HDMI HDD Player 2GB/16GB 2.4G/5G WIFI Bluetooth XBMC online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Same imagens of Vega
    Highlights

• Tronsmart New Model TV BOX Vega S89-H
    • CPU: Amlogic S802-H Quad-Core 2.0G (Cortex-A9)
    • GPU: 8 cores Mali450
    • Support Dual band wifi 2.4G & 5G
    • Bluetooth 4.0 version
    • Support Dolby and DTS
    • Android 4.4 OS and support OTA(over the air)
    • 2G DDR3 + 16G Nand flash

System Config. CPU Amlogic S802-H Quad-Core 2.0G (Cortex-A9)
    GPU Mali-450
    4K*2K Support
    RAM DDR3 2G
    ROM Nand flash 16G
    Expand Memory 1*Micro SD Card Slot, support max 64G
    Antenna Built-in wifi antenna
    Media Video format Support multiple video decoding
    4K*2K H.264 ,1080P
    Picture format JPEG/ BMP/ GIF/ PNG/TIF
    Communication Ethernet 10/100M LAN
    WIFI AP6330,Support 802.11 a/b/g/n,2.4G/5G WIFI
    Bluetooth Bluetooth v4.0
    Sensor/Motor IR Sensor 1*IR
    Indicator Power LED 1* LED
    Button & Ports Button 1*Power Button(physical button), control power on and off,
    1*Update Button(via one pin hole)
    USB2.0 2* Standard USB
    1*Micro USB with OTG
    DC-in 1*DC in Jack
    HDMI 1* standard A HDMI 1.4b out, 4K*2K
    SPDIF 1*S/SPDIF out
    RJ45 1*RJ45
    TF Card Slot 1*TF card slot
    AV 1*AV port
    Power management Adapter 5V 3A
    Software Config. OS Google Android 4.4, support OTA function,
    Language Multi-Language
    Keyboard Qwerty keyboard
    Features Miracast/DLNA Support
    UI Android Original UI
    Dolby Support
    DTS Support

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

1.) YES

2.)

The benefit of Roku at the moment is, they don't use rk3188T (but I think also the Minix (mini) X7)... (BTW: genny @minixforums.com (the dev of 'DroidMode') published a 4.4.2 KitKat port from the 'PocketKey' of Cloudproject.it to the Minix X7 some days ago ("The secret of this rom is to be as close as possible to Android AOSP"))

Google TV...
    We will see...

I've never had a problem with my Chromecast so I'm not sure. I've got a fast internet connection so maybe that helps. Not sure about the Fire TV but I would've thought the XDA devs would be all over it.

Most of my friends in the UK have the Chromecast and love it, they love the fact its only £30 and with apps like allcast can stream pretty much anything.

I like the Chinese boxes because you can tweak them and get the full Android experience, i rarely use my Chromecast.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    1. Its a shame, the Chinese android boxes are good but they're in danger of dying out

2.) (outside of China anyway) Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku maybe even Google TV etc seem to be better.
    1.) YES

2.)

Google TV...
    We will see...

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    They really would sell a lot more.
    sure!

I noticed that in the new MINIX x8 videos, they're giving Antutu scores of 24000 so they must have the same underclocked kernel

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    The thing here is that most of the organisations simply take the reference architecture and productionize it. The only differentiation they have between their clone of a ref. board and another companies is the ROM. If a third party produces a super ROM that works on all platforms then the differentiation disappears and it becomes a price decision.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
    I see.

Its a shame, the Chinese android boxes are good but they're in danger of dying out (outside of China anyway) Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku maybe even Google TV etc seem to be better. The Chinese boxes are so buggy and if the Neo X8 is £150+ as some places are advertising then why would you buy one over say a Fire TV? They're very much a developers or "tweakers" device and not really mainstream when they with some attention could be.

Leave a comment:

• d33
    replied
    General AML S802 Device release discussions

The thing here is that most of the organisations simply take the reference architecture and productionize it. The only differentiation they have between their clone of a ref. board and another companies is the ROM. If a third party produces a super ROM that works on all platforms then the differentiation disappears and it becomes a price decision.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied

If I remember and understand it correct, it seems so, that this was the problem at the AML8726 (MX), so there are only a few semi devs (1-2 ?) ...
    I hope Amlogic have learn a little bit and understand, why the rk's have so much market presence (even if with all the other truble at rk3188)...
    But how I understand it, the kernel-source for rk3188 was only a leak and not a official release, or am I wrong?
    They really would sell a lot more.

I noticed that in the new MINIX x8 videos, they're giving Antutu scores of 24000 so they must have the same underclocked kernel palm: I can't understand why they wouldnt tweak it a little to optimize it. Surely it wouldn't take long? If these Amlogic chips remain "locked" then I'd happily go over to the rk3288 TV sticks (assuming full sources are released for that) Id probably even learn to adjust it!

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by d33 View Post
    ... or The SOC provider doesn't allow by contract ...
    If I remember and understand it correct, it seems so, that this was the problem at the AML8726 (MX), so there are only a few semi devs (1-2 ?) ...
    I hope Amlogic have learn a little bit and understand, why the rk's have so much market presence (even if with all the other truble at rk3188)...
    But how I understand it, the kernel-source for rk3188 was only a leak and not a official release, or am I wrong?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X