• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HelpMePlz
    replied
    Originally posted by eM82 View Post
    Hi All!

I've bought the neutral (MBOX 4K, S82 version. 8GB), and if I read it right on the forum it's exactly the same as Beelink's 8GB version.
    It's already rooted now.

Despite the crappy remote controller, the box runs great.
    For those likes the numbers: I ran the Antutu a couple of times. And at first the score was only 22000. But I read on this forum that the box's cpu governor was set to hotplug. So I changed this with NoFrills CPU to performance governor, and also set the max. Cpu freq to 1.8Ghz. Ran antutu again, score is now a little more than 30000 .
    So that overclocked the CPU?
    Won't it cause the box to overheat?

Leave a comment:

• Mheel
    replied
    Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    i have a gbox mx2 and this m8 totally shits on it. It is so much more responsive. I can run any xbmc skin without any slowdowns unlike the mx2. The mx2 also has horrible wifi and ethernet speeds. Video playback is perfectly smooth in 720 and 1080P. The next gbox mx3 will most likely be a rebranded M8.
    I recieved my box yesterday and it seems great. But i cant set 1080p 24 in xbmc. On my cubox-i i have alot more options regarding display output.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    Originally posted by dankec View Post
    Two generic questions for Amlogic S802 owners:

- What's the video playing quality comparing to dual core AML? I mean, are videos which are totally smooth on dual core AML in the same league with quad core AML?

- The same question regarding colors rendering...

(I'm asking it because I would like to avoid similarity with RK3188 and all the problems it brings...)
    i have a gbox mx2 and this m8 totally shits on it. It is so much more responsive. I can run any xbmc skin without any slowdowns unlike the mx2. The mx2 also has horrible wifi and ethernet speeds. Video playback is perfectly smooth in 720 and 1080P. The next gbox mx3 will most likely be a rebranded M8.

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    The same as yours. standby is red light - but blinkin' up is blue
    i dont ever see a red light just blue lol.. when it is off i see no light until it wakes up blue for a few sec and then goes back off.

Leave a comment:

• eM82
    replied
    Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
    My led also randomly lights up when its in sleep mode which is very annoying.. also, i thought the led was supposed to turn red when it sleeps?
    The same as yours. standby is red light - but blinkin' up is blue

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied
    Is there any reason why beelink needs 3Amps PSU?

JustMe

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied
    Originally posted by jimac View Post
    For anyone who is after a square, rather than round box, the enybox EM8 I ordered should arrive any day now, so I will review and compare with the results the kind chaps have already provided on here.

Will be interesting to see if I can sucessfully flash the tronsmart/beelink firmware to it.
    Did your unit arrive any feedback? m8

JustMe

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    It would be nice if there was a tutorial on idenfying the hardware, including bootloader and other stuff that can affect operation and performance.

Leave a comment:

• dankec
    replied
    Two generic questions for Amlogic S802 owners:

- What's the video playing quality comparing to dual core AML? I mean, are videos which are totally smooth on dual core AML in the same league with quad core AML?

- The same question regarding colors rendering...

(I'm asking it because I would like to avoid similarity with RK3188 and all the problems it brings...)

Leave a comment:

• hsia
    replied
    i purchased from acemax, and they said have stock , u can check with them

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
    I look forward to it, because I cannot see the difference apart from the bootloader chips and the m8 Is harder to get at the moment due to stock. but then again who am I to judge I don't even own any of them at the moment

JustMe

Leave a comment:

• rlaursen
    replied
    Hi All!

I've bought the neutral (MBOX 4K, S82 version. 8GB), and if I read it right on the forum it's exactly the same as Beelink's 8GB version.
    It's already rooted now.

For those likes the numbers: I ran the Antutu a couple of times. And at first the score was only 22000. But I read on this forum that the box's cpu governor was set to hotplug. So I changed this with NoFrills CPU to performance governor, and also set the max. Cpu freq to 1.8Ghz. Ran antutu again, score is now a little more than 30000 .
    XBMC works great. Passthrough (using a pana AVR) seems working (not tried with every movie I have). A/V sync is good. Only noticed delay just when I made some changes (chang audio language, or channels) during the movie.

I have some little problems with it:
    - Miracast and my SGS3 (android 4.3) connected, but only audio works,
    - the blue led light sometimes blinks up when the box is in standby mode (randomly) /one of our member Lokie said: could be an app which wakes up the device/,
    - after rebooting the device the screen is flickering. The screen is almost full one green color. Just the hdmi replug into the AVR helps (maybe it's because of the reciever).

Anyone experienced the above listed things?

The device is Xposed framework compatible? Right now (without the factory fw) I'm not in my experimenter mood.

greetings,
    eM
    My led also randomly lights up when its in sleep mode which is very annoying.. also, i thought the led was supposed to turn red when it sleeps?

Leave a comment:

• eduardosmelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Two things to make clear:

1. Beelink is not mine, I said who is the owner before

2. We already even sell both products and even a neutral version too:
    When I said Beelink M8 is beter than CS-M8 is because I have a good reason (even more than one). It's not just speak, maybe most of final users don't know what is a ESD protection IC, a capacitor or how to dissipating heat with a heat sink (in hardware terms), but I know, so I can recommend one of them over the other after a deep motherboard revission.
    I'm confused on what would be the differences between Beelinkg and its neutral version.... (sorry for the bad english)

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by twi View Post
    So if I understand correct the Tronsmate Vega S89 or the Beelink M8 are still the best to buy??

What are the best places to buy?

Now looking at these two:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ck-324676.html
    I recommend geekbuying, they have always been reliable and they have a big presence on these forums.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

• eM82
    replied
    Hi All!

It's already rooted now.

XBMC works great. Passthrough (using a pana AVR) seems working (not tried with every movie I have). A/V sync is good. Only noticed delay just when I made some changes (chang audio language, or channels) during the movie.

I have some little problems with it:
    - Miracast and my SGS3 (android 4.3) connected, but only audio works,
    - the blue led light sometimes blinks up when the box is in standby mode (randomly) /one of our member Lokie said: could be an app which wakes up the device/,
    - after rebooting the device the screen is flickering. The screen is almost full one green color. Just the hdmi replug into the AVR helps (maybe it's because of the reciever).

Anyone experienced the above listed things?

The device is Xposed framework compatible? Right now (without the factory fw) I'm not in my experimenter mood.

greetings,
    eM

Leave a comment:

• twi
    replied
    So if I understand correct the Tronsmate Vega S89 or the Beelink M8 are still the best to buy??

What are the best places to buy?

Now looking at these two:

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart Vega S89 Amlogic S802 2.0GHz Quad Core Android TV BOX 2G/16G Dual Band WIFI 2.4G/5G Bluetooth4.0 XBMC - Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X