X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by jimac View Post
    Most of us here are glad to have the benefit of your expertise.
    I look forward to a proper comparison between the square and round devices (assuming the final prod version of the CS M8 is the same as the "beta" version being sold at the moment)

thanks!
    I think it's not normal to change the motherboard or that should be a headache for the customers who bought the first version if some big changes are made. Anyway they can improve something if they really want.

Leave a comment:

• jimac
    replied
    Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
    Two things to make clear:

1. Beelink is not mine, I said who is the owner before

2. We already even sell both products and even a neutral version too:When I said Beelink M8 is beter than CS-M8 is because I have a good reason (even more than one). It's not just speak, maybe most of final users don't know what is a ESD protection IC, a capacitor or how to dissipating heat with a heat sink (in hardware terms), but I know, so I can recommend one of them over the other after a deep motherboard revission.
    Most of us here are glad to have the benefit of your expertise.
    I look forward to a proper comparison between the square and round devices (assuming the final prod version of the CS M8 is the same as the "beta" version being sold at the moment)

thanks!
    Last edited by jimac; 04-24-2014, 17:33.

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by Yusi View Post
    Stop advertising your Beelink products over others..
    Two things to make clear:

1. Beelink is not mine, I said who is the owner before

2. We already even sell both products and even a neutral version too:

When I said Beelink M8 is beter than CS-M8 is because I have a good reason (even more than one). It's not just speak, maybe most of final users don't know what is a ESD protection IC, a capacitor or how to dissipating heat with a heat sink (in hardware terms), but I know, so I can recommend one of them over the other after a deep motherboard revission.

Leave a comment:

• mini__me
    replied
    General AML S802 Device release discussions

My previous post now makes no sense as the original comment I was replying to was deleted.....so I'll delete mine

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    The square M8 box (Tomato) is not the same hardware as the Tronsmart or Beelink!
    It uses a different bootloader which means it's NAND chips and possibly other hardware are different!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• mini__me
    replied
    General AML S802 Device release discussions

. .
    Last edited by mini__me; 04-24-2014, 15:10.

Leave a comment:

• Yusi
    replied
    I guess all those boxes are using same motherboard than this model:

I'd NOT recommend choosing this over the Beelink M8 or similar.

I'm going to compare both boxes and believe me, this hardware is "the cheapest version" of the Beelink M8...
    Stop advertising your Beelink products over others..

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by ColdSpirit View Post
    And what about tronsmar vega s89? It is good?

Thanks.
    Sure, same than Beelink M8.

I hope can make a CS M8 vs Beelink M8 at the end of this week or begining of next one.

Leave a comment:

• ColdSpirit
    replied

I'm going to compare both boxes and believe me, this hardware is "the cheapest version" of the Beelink M8...
    And what about tronsmar vega s89? It is good?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied
    These boxes:

I think they mount same motherboard (99.99% sure)

That motherboard is not as good as Beelink M8 (and other products based in same board).

Let me some days... I'll show why
    I look forward to it, because I cannot see the difference apart from the bootloader chips and the m8 Is harder to get at the moment due to stock. but then again who am I to judge I don't even own any of them at the moment

JustMe

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    These boxes:

I think they mount same motherboard (99.99% sure)

That motherboard is not as good as Beelink M8 (and other products based in same board).

Let me some days... I'll show why

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied

Sorry little confused? with your last 2 statements

Leave a comment:

• Javimetal
    replied
    Originally posted by JustMe View Post

also noderat that box looks awesome from Shenzhen Tomato with the wave effect but min 500 pcs order for them to make it

JustMe

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: General AML S802 Device release discussions

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
    Yeah that's what I did with my ouya the 8gb rom revision had the solder terminals there for ULF RF Coxaial connector all I did was solder the connector and and turned the resistor to face towards it and added external antenna it boosted the wifi a great deal.

Eric can you confirm your stock has small hardware mods that Shenhzen Tomato are mentioning they have done to their units.for wifi wows

also noderat that box looks awesome from Shenzhen Tomato with the wave effect but min 500 pcs order for them to make it

JustMe
    Yeah, sometimes I'll do 50+ but never 500

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

• JustMe
    replied
    Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
    dude, hardware weaknesses can never be improved through software...
    make a hardware mod, drill a hole and put an antenna on it.
    Yeah that's what I did with my ouya the 8gb rom revision had the solder terminals there for ULF RF Coxaial connector all I did was solder the connector and and turned the resistor to face towards it and added external antenna it boosted the wifi a great deal.

Eric can you confirm your stock has small hardware mods that Shenhzen Tomato are mentioning they have done to their units.for wifi wows

JustMe
    Last edited by JustMe; 04-24-2014, 08:39.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X