General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Model: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2GHz and Octa-core Mali-450MP GPU android tv box 2GB/8GB
    XBMC pre-installed.

(support OEM/ODM)

EM8 with 2GB RAM and 8GB ROM ------ US$63.50-US$66/pcs

EM8 with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM------ US$68.50-US$71/pcs

available for sale: next week!

Originally posted by dankec View Post
    Model: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2GHz and Octa-core Mali-450MP GPU android tv box 2GB/8GB
    XBMC pre-installed.

(support OEM/ODM)

EM8 with 2GB RAM and 8GB ROM ------ US$63.50-US$66/pcs

EM8 with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM------ US$68.50-US$71/pcs

available for sale: next week!
    Nice news, but.. where?
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

the link

where is the links man THE LINKS ahhhhh where can i buy

Comment

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
        where is the links man THE LINKS ahhhhh where can i buy
        Probably this post is talking about enytech's , but i will wait for an answer to confirm
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

The price is fake.

the PCBA Board price is already higher than the price they quote.

I will get the Amlogic quad core tv box soon, (next week) from tronsmart, we will see how the real perfromance.

and we already buy a real 4K tv and ready for test the excited 4K support, lol
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

The price comes from:

Ann Lai

Overseas Dept.Shenzhen eny technology Co.,Ltd
            Add:2319-2320,sangda Buliding,No,46,HuaFa north Road,FuTian district,ShenZhen,Guangdong,China.
            www.enybox.com/En

It will be available next week on aliexpress.

I received it from [email protected].

We'll wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

and we already buy a real 4K tv and ready for test the excited 4K support, lol
              Whilst the HDMI 1.4 spec tops out at 30 fps at 4k resolution, I doubt a Chinese Box manafacturer will use a suitably capable HDMI chipset. Even if it did I would be amazed if an ARM processor, even with an 'octa-core' GPU, can shovel enough pixels fast enough to service it.

I imagine you will be looking at a 4k decoder resolving at 1280x720 and then upscaled to 1920x1080 60 fps.

obviously I'd love to be wrong!
              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                The price comes from:

Ann Lai

Overseas Dept.Shenzhen eny technology Co.,Ltd
                Add:2319-2320,sangda Buliding,No,46,HuaFa north Road,FuTian district,ShenZhen,Guangdong,China.
                www.enybox.com/En

It will be available next week on aliexpress.

I received it from [email protected].

We'll wait and see.
                I received the same email, and I am salavitating. I have been waiting months for this quad core amlogic.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Funny guys, you got a Mail from an Anne@xxx(advertising) and post it here.

I would say, it looks nearly like spam, but you are right it looks like an interesting device, but lets see at first the real price.

JDfense

Comment

credit card is ready for this unit at those prices if true - will wait also for Geekbuying review :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
                      Funny guys, you got a Mail from an Anne@xxx(advertising) and post it here.

I would say, it looks nearly like spam, but you are right it looks like an interesting device, but lets see at first the real price.

JDfense
                      This was a response I received after I inquired about the availability of this box on Aliexpress. I have been emailing them for awhile about the status. Also, I have been bugging Geniatech about when there new ATV1800 will be available. As a matter of fact, I pre-ordered the ATV1800 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back in October for that box. In December, they emailed me and had me cancell my pre-order, which I had already paid for. They first said it would be available in Jan, then feb, and now I have no idea when it will be available. I would expect the price to be around $200.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

the hardware of this EM8 box is identical to ONDA V975M tablet which is already on sale since december;
                        check out these detailed pictures of the chips inside onda tablet

seems to me that at the price of 200$ of this tablet, it's a better deal than this box if we take into account that we also receive a good quality retina display and batery at the expense of a LAN connection;
                        those who already using this tablet, root-ed it very easily and are reporting that XBMC runs on it fluently and the micro HDMI 1.4 port is able to send 3D content and 4K streams

Comment

Looks like the source code may be available from AML for the S802: http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox

Comment

EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by fatfreddiescat View Post
                            Looks like the source code may be available from AML for the S802: http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox
                            Yep, I'll download and inspect tonight.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                            Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                            Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                            Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                            Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                            Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                            RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                              Yep, I'll download and inspect tonight.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                              you need a password to do that, i already tried it

Comment

Working...
                              X