General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paradoxman View Post
    there are news about a new S805 CPU release from amlogic which will support hardware H265 HEVC decoding together with VP9 codecs but without 4k support of the S802<...>
    I totally agree that HW HEVC is way more important than a current 4K over HDMI 1.4b and 100Mbps Ethernet, but as article says, it's a [email protected]+4xGPU vs. [email protected]+8xGPU. Which means S802 will have enough raw power to chew HEVC with no HW support. Plus, considering aforementioned hardware specs, S802 looks much more interesting as a media/gaming center.
    I guess people more interested in DD/DTS HDMI passthrough, MVC support for BD3D, BD-J for full BD menu and auto frametrate feature, than a HW HEVC or 4K support. Have to have basics first

P.S. BTW, community made Allwinner A31 provide most of described above while running @ 1GHz. Would be nice to have same support level for Amlogic as well.

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

While all of this sounds interesting we really wont know too much untill someone gets there hands on one and tests it out. Still waiting.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Definitely pro the idea to Optimize current tech rather then invest on draft technology. Were not 4K ready yet, HDMI 2.0 is a prerequisite.

Comment

M8 Android TV BOX Amlogic S802 Bluetooth 2.4G/5G WIFI XBMC USB 2.0 Android 4.3/Android 4.4 KitKat OS-Black

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/M8-An...ck-324690.html

What do you think?

m802 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJZQaqHszOE

Comment

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by YujiTFD View Post
              I totally agree that HW HEVC is way more important than a current 4K over HDMI 1.4b and 100Mbps Ethernet, but as article says, it's a [email protected]+4xGPU vs. [email protected]+8xGPU. Which means S802 will have enough raw power to chew HEVC with no HW support. Plus, considering aforementioned hardware specs, S802 looks much more interesting as a media/gaming center.
              I guess people more interested in DD/DTS HDMI passthrough, MVC support for BD3D, BD-J for full BD menu and auto frametrate feature, than a HW HEVC or 4K support. Have to have basics first

P.S. BTW, community made Allwinner A31 provide most of described above while running @ 1GHz. Would be nice to have same support level for Amlogic as well.
              AMLogic officially confirmed S802 could SOFTWARE decoding HEVC @ 720p.

Comment

Originally posted by YujiTFD View Post
                Wait, Eric said

Or do you mean pure HW decoding?
                Well, software decode to 2 channels are always possible regardless of which hardware.
                e.g. patched MX player & XBMC should be capable to SW decode audio stream to 2 channels.
                but nothing else with the S802 (non-D, non-DD).
                S802 is good for gaming, but not as a media player.
                If you care about media playback, should get products with D or DD (Geniatech maybe??).

Comment

The genia tech atv1800 is also available for preorder at aliexpress again. Has anyone else noticed how the Android TV compatability has been scrapped from the specs of this devices? It was there before. And meant they would have access to googles TV services, like the nexus TV will once it comes out, which in turn means 1080p Netflix and stuff. Now, I don't know what to think of these

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
                    If you care about media playback, should get products with D or DD (Geniatech maybe??).
                    Like Eric said, Tronsmart promised to think over -D/-DD situation. We have to see how it'll go, but I as for Geniatech, there is no solid info about DD/DTS HDMI passthrough support and it's price is also too high, at least for me.

Comment

Originally posted by milenko79 View Post
                      The genia tech atv1800 is also available for preorder at aliexpress again. Has anyone else noticed how the Android TV compatability has been scrapped from the specs of this devices? It was there before. And meant they would have access to googles TV services, like the nexus TV will once it comes out, which in turn means 1080p Netflix and stuff. Now, I don't know what to think of these

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                      They also show the preorder for Mygica ATV 582 Amlogic 802 with xbmc and Google access and Android 4. 4 for $60 less. Im still on the fence waiting for test results

Comment

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
                        They also show the preorder for Mygica ATV 582 Amlogic 802 with xbmc and Google access and Android 4. 4 for $60 less. Im still on the fence waiting for test results

Can you please provide a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Lude View Post
                          Can you please provide a link?

Comment

Ynt: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post

What do you mean by 60$ less link u provided is more expensive than geek buying for new s802 devices.

GT-N7000 Kitkat *Slimsaber*

Comment

Originally posted by inflock View Post
                              What do you mean by 60$ less link u provided is more expensive than geek buying for new s802 devices.

GT-N7000 Kitkat *Slimsaber*
                              If you read the last few post you will see I was answering Milenko79 's concerns about the Geniatech 1800 who also makes the Mygica 582 and Lude asked for a link.

Comment

Refund

Hi,

i've ordered a tronsmart S89 (here is my order Number #3140139), and with the things i've just read as this unit won't have DD & DTS passtrough for the 100 first buyers... i just want to be refunded please as i'm not sure to have a S802-DD chip...

Can you please confirm via mail that you done it ?

Thank you, & sorry for this.

Mr MAILLET Nicolas.

Comment

Working...
                                X