General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
    They also show the preorder for Mygica ATV 582 Amlogic 802 with xbmc and Google access and Android 4. 4 for $60 less. Im still on the fence waiting for test results

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    I noticed that there is a vendor in Canada who is selling the MyGica ATV 580 at this link:

- They mention in the description: "MyGica ATV580 is Officially Discontinued and will be replaced with MyGica ATV582. The ETA for MyGica ATV 582 is March 24th to 31st."
    So at least it gives a clue when the shipments from Asia for this model will go out.

Comment

Originally posted by larouflaquette View Post
      i just want to be refunded please as i'm not sure to have a S802-DD chip...
      Order cancellation should be done via email at [email protected]
      At least I had a success using this address.

Also, @Eric:
      You promised us extra review for Vega S89, could you clarify if/when it'll happen? I had a reply from Amy@GKB, but I need a little bit more info to decide either I'm buying S89 or not. Particulary, I would like to know if XBMC can play smoothly Hi10P video, like Dennou Coil? It's a Hi10P 1920x1072@CRF 17(~8044Kbps)@23.976fps release with 5.1@48Hz(~3027Kbps) audio, so if S89 will play it with no drops, stuttering and visual artifacts (banding, etc), then new Amlogic SoC is very good as it is.
      Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by reefmonger View Post
        Anyone know when the Geniatech 1800 is supposed to be available?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        Reefmonger - I just spotted this post (last post in the link below) regarding a March 10 release date for the Geniatech ATV1800. We shall see if it holds true! At least he put up some specs sent from the company.

Comment

Amlogic GPL Source Code Release – Kernel 3.10, U-Boot, and Drivers (Wi-Fi, NAND, TVIN, Mali GPU) - http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnx-s...3/aCyJOvF6Jjc/

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by luinx View Post
            Amlogic GPL Source Code Release – Kernel 3.10, U-Boot, and Drivers (Wi-Fi, NAND, TVIN, Mali GPU) - http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnx-s...3/aCyJOvF6Jjc/

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk HD
            And it compiles too!

Signature? Signature!

Comment

taking an interest to this.....

will sit back and watch for the DD version. I'm on the Mx1 right now and have nad no desire to upgrade CPU's because none of them do pass through properly.

Once GB get's a DD in and gets a positive test on AC3/DTS pass thought then it's a go.

One odd thing though. Why do all the specs on all sites state HD sound pass through..... very odd...

Comment

These have the same CPU as the one in the Onda V975m. I'm considering purchasing one and so the source being available is really getting me interested.
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                  These have the same CPU as the one in the Onda V975m. I'm considering purchasing one and so the source being available is really getting me interested.
                  not sure about that.....

From my readings there are three variants of the 802 they are the 802(which is in the tablet) the 802D and 802DD

802= no HDMI pass through for audio
                  802D = DTS only
                  802DD = DTS and AC3 audio pass through

we here are hoping for the DD version.

Also I noticed that there are 801 and 803 chips.... very interesting. Also this variant does not hardware decode H265 and can only do 30FPS for 2K4K due to the HDMI 1.4B spec. Also note on this that there is some speculation that they don't really output 2k4k but 1080p due to multiple statements found on the chip that mentions it can only output 1080 due to the HDMI chips restriction.

It will be interesting none the less to watch this unfold.

I have given up hope on Rockchip due to there close mindedness on their source code releases which is why I do not own and Apple product. Anyways do not jack this thread because of that statement.

I am hoping GB will come through with both pushing the manufacture to use the DD chip and get us some early testing!

If you want to know more about 2k4k and the myth behind it read this. It is a GREAT read and you will learn more than you want to know about how filming began, where the 24fps for movies came from and why nothing is truly 2k4k.
                  Last edited by reddragon72; 03-12-2014, 14:54.

Comment

Like everyone else we're all waiting for units to become available but the last post raise's a question -- the tablet released by onda use's the 802 and has hdmi connectivity -- surely there are using pass thru -- dont rant at me i'm just guessing . Was thinking about getting one of these and also a tronsmart unit.

Comment

Thats a batch price

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140312191028720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	433238
                      Last edited by vkk; 03-12-2014, 23:03.

Comment

^
                        Obviously stores can negotiate and lower it abit, in my opinion it they will cost around 90-100$

Comment

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
                          Like everyone else we're all waiting for units to become available but the last post raise's a question -- the tablet released by onda use's the 802 and has hdmi connectivity -- surely there are using pass thru -- dont rant at me i'm just guessing . Was thinking about getting one of these and also a tronsmart unit.
                          It's not the 802 it's what level of 802 you get.
                          See my previous post.

The tablet does indeed have HDMI but I found a post that tested pass through and it was a no go.

Comment

Does anybody have any information on Venz VZ-MP-1514?
                            http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/amlgoic-8726-M8-quad-core-android_1662943364.html

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                              Does anybody have any information on Venz VZ-MP-1514?
                              http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/amlgoic-8726-M8-quad-core-android_1662943364.html
                              The Eny's EM8 clone.

Comment

EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

It'll turn into he same mess as the RK3188 market, with two or three reference designs getting 9 gazillion names and confusing the hell out of everyone

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X