No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job on the originality Tronsmart .....

Attached Files

Comment

Seems like some firmwares for EM8 from Enybox appeared:
      百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
        I am shocked that some products are going to release next week,
        as AMLogic firmware is still under beta stage, lots of bugs to be fixed.
        Plus the 1st batch of chips got a hardware bug that couldn't do thermal control (can't do throttling when overheated) and the problem just got fixed this week. Fixed chips are not ready for at least 2-3 weeks. So what are they actually selling??
        By the way, passthrough is not OK, it's still PCM with Sci-Fi of the amp. simulated to 5.1.
        You make some great points.

But let's face it... the Chinese companies are just getting into the name brand game. Traditionally they have just manufactured product for other companies and haven't had to worry about their image - they would have only been forced into releasing perfect product by the name brand companies they were selling to.

So whereas a traditional namebrand company is aware of the value of waiting until a product is as near to perfect as possible, I don't think these Chinese companies have learned that lesson yet. Instead, they are happy to get a product out the door that people are willing to buy. They are currently eyeing the short-term gain rather than the long-term. Look how the RK3188T fiasco has ruined the Rockchip market right now. They could well kill the S802 market before it starts if they immediately release buggy products into the mix. How would you draw a line in the sand between early buggy products against later refined ones?

I guess I'm saying... I hope they hold back until they are properly prepared. It sounds like they are only talking a matter of weeks anyway - it's not like we're facing a Christmas deadline or anything...

Comment

Its not so bad if they're releasing the FW at a beta stage but to release faulty hardware is not good. Just release the box when its ready, they would sell more as it would have better reviews anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

See this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d-gam?ref=live

Equiso is planning to launch a box with Amlogic processor in it. Not sure if it is S802 but it says Amlogic quad core A9.

They have 2 versions. 1 version with 1GB RAM/8GB ROM and 2nd version with 2GB/16GB.
            ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Originally posted by freebase1ca View Post
              You make some great points.

But let's face it... the Chinese companies are just getting into the name brand game. Traditionally they have just manufactured product for other companies and haven't had to worry about their image - they would have only been forced into releasing perfect product by the name brand companies they were selling to.

So whereas a traditional namebrand company is aware of the value of waiting until a product is as near to perfect as possible, I don't think these Chinese companies have learned that lesson yet. Instead, they are happy to get a product out the door that people are willing to buy. They are currently eyeing the short-term gain rather than the long-term. Look how the RK3188T fiasco has ruined the Rockchip market right now. They could well kill the S802 market before it starts if they immediately release buggy products into the mix. How would you draw a line in the sand between early buggy products against later refined ones?

I guess I'm saying... I hope they hold back until they are properly prepared. It sounds like they are only talking a matter of weeks anyway - it's not like we're facing a Christmas deadline or anything...

Your kinda right.... First people are always complaining to companies to hurry up and get something out the door. Well these guys are and now we want to complain about releasing it to early... bassakwards...

second all companies big and small release faulty hardware and software. My Galaxy S2 couldn't lock onto GPS to save it's life. My brand new Nexus 5 drains the battery like crazy after I take one stupid pic. These are only two items I mention of the thousands of issue still out in the market.

My only complaint right now about the AMLogic S802 is that we are getting nothing about pass through. I could care less if these manufactures put out buggy software just to get it into our hands as long as they follow through and fix stuff. Hell my MX1 just now received a decent rom, but it was for another similar product lol.

All I want is an AMLogic S802 with proper working pass through. They can work out bugs as they go especially since I've been dealing with them this whole time on my MX1.

Comment

Originally posted by kenofstephen View Post
                I am shocked that some products are going to release next week,
                as AMLogic firmware is still under beta stage, lots of bugs to be fixed.
                Plus the 1st batch of chips got a hardware bug that couldn't do thermal control (can't do throttling when overheated) and the problem just got fixed this week. Fixed chips are not ready for at least 2-3 weeks. So what are they actually selling??
                By the way, passthrough is not OK, it's still PCM with Sci-Fi of the amp. simulated to 5.1.

I tend to trust what Minix says here.

Buyer beware!

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

found this demo video on the amlogic s802, quoted made by ACEMAX
                  seems interesting
                  ACEMAX Amlogic Quad Core M8/IPTV 458 Video Demo , 4K2K Support, Dual Band WIFI 2.4G/5G, Bluetooth 4.0, 2G RAM, 8G ROMcheck with us [email protected] for inq...

ACEMAX Amlogic Quad Core M8/IPTV 458 Video Demo , 4K2K Support, Dual Band WIFI 2.4G/5G, Bluetooth 4.0, 2G RAM, 8G ROM, check with us [email protected] for i...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7M9Q4n4rLM

Comment

Originally posted by hsia View Post
                    found this demo video on the amlogic s802, quoted made by ACEMAX
                    seems interesting
                    ACEMAX Amlogic Quad Core M8/IPTV 458 Video Demo , 4K2K Support, Dual Band WIFI 2.4G/5G, Bluetooth 4.0, 2G RAM, 8G ROMcheck with us [email protected] for inq...

ACEMAX Amlogic Quad Core M8/IPTV 458 Video Demo , 4K2K Support, Dual Band WIFI 2.4G/5G, Bluetooth 4.0, 2G RAM, 8G ROM, check with us [email protected] for i...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7M9Q4n4rLM

The thing is a quad core right??? Why is the interface so sluggish?

Still want to order though, but i am waiting till they fix the firmware........

Comment

Originally posted by Watts View Post
                      The thing is a quad core right??? Why is the interface so sluggish?

Still want to order though, but i am waiting till they fix the firmware........
                      quad core, amlogic s802, but AMLOGIC mx traditioal win 8 UI

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

I tend to trust what Minix says here.

Buyer beware!

Bob
                        So your saying the first batch might have a hardware bug? I wonder if that's why at first they said no heatsink than all the sudden heatsink

Comment

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by otisrhw View Post
                          So your saying the first batch might have a hardware bug? I wonder if that's why at first they said no heatsink than all the sudden heatsink
                          It will be interesting to see how the 1st batch perform. Can't help think I'd be throwing my money away buying one at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems info is slow coming in. Wonder if AMLogic has gone back to the drawing board....

Comment

I have been wondering what the hold-up is for quite some time, as the M802 has been around for quite a while in the V975M (my other half has a v3 V975M, and it is superb).
                              Surely there isn't much difference?

RK3288 is only round the corner too - with Pipo and Minix both looking into the SoC, AMLogic should probably be doing some sweet-talking!

Comment

Originally posted by jimac View Post
                                I have been wondering what the hold-up is for quite some time, as the M802 has been around for quite a while in the V975M (my other half has a v3 V975M, and it is superb).
                                Surely there isn't much difference?

RK3288 is only round the corner too - with Pipo and Minix both looking into the SoC, AMLogic should probably be doing some sweet-talking!
                                I agree but the chip in the tablet is slightly different in the packaging. I read it somewhere that the S802 has undergone changes since that tablet.

Also note that the RK3288 is using a much faster GPU but still RK's stance on kernel source releases sucks and that is why I am looking at the AMLogic chips

Comment

Working...
                                X