No announcement yet.

General AML S802 Device release discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EM8 Amlogic S802 quad core 2Ghz + Octa core Mali 450: FIRST PRICE INFO!

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
    I agree but the chip in the tablet is slightly different in the packaging. I read it somewhere that the S802 has undergone changes since that tablet.

Also note that the RK3288 is using a much faster GPU but still RK's stance on kernel source releases sucks and that is why I am looking at the AMLogic chips
    Rockchip's policy on source releases is downright pathetic. They really have a chance to brand themselves as the go to modders chip but instead they decided to be shady chinese swindlers.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
      Rockchip's policy on source releases is downright pathetic. They really have a chance to brand themselves as the go to modders chip but instead they decided to be shady chinese swindlers.
      And that is the absolute truth there. They are the root of the problem, like if Android wasnt fragmented enough. Stupid if you ask me, the amount of feedback communities can give cannot be ignored, period.

Comment

NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys I am here to throw a curve ball into the mix!!!

Check out my thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems that all I see missing is DTS support. If people/dev's can get behind this box then I am IN!!!!!

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...TV-now-on-sale!

if it can be hacked for google play store and DTS then oh yea, but even without DTS I'll convert the very few DTS titles I have over the DD

Comment

XBMC

XBMC with Dolby pass thru is a must have.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Eric has added a blog here about HDMI and Optical output passthrough http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...sthrough-test/
            ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

Beelink M8 Box

I just got the Beelink M8 (same Amlogic S802 board) from factory 30 minutes ago:

I'll test later, any suggestion?
              Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post

I'll test later, any suggestion?
                Would a love a review about performance, XBMC, Netflix and Dolby HDMI passthrough.
                ~Gopichand Pai

Comment

It is going to be obsolate. Now we have new interesting Tv sticks (no DTS), like Roku, and Amazon Tv with DTS has launched. Apple is coming with news. Not to mention RK3288, which still has software issues.

Comment

Beelink M8 - Amlogic S802

Well, first of all some pictures:

Comment

I would like to know if Netflix is in 1080p with 5.1 sound.

Is the optical output working fine or are there backround noises?

Comment

Amlogic S802

Motherboard:

Last edited by Javimetal; 04-03-2014, 15:39.

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                          I would like to know if Netflix is in 1080p with 5.1 sound.

Is the optical output working fine or are there backround noises?
                          Originally posted by gopichandpai View Post
                          Eric has added a blog here about HDMI and Optical output passthrough http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...sthrough-test/
                          Already answered because there you can read Netflix 5.1 sound is not working and optical output is noisy.

Comment

Where has it been answered if Netflix gives 5.1 sound????

Comment

Originally posted by ssspacman View Post
                              Where has it been answered if Netflix gives 5.1 sound????
                              and on the tronsmart vega s89 setting, i change the audio output to hdmi passthrough, and enable passthrough on xbmc.
                              Here is the test result:
                              1 Dolby (AC3) 5.1 HDMI passthrough ——–OK
                              2 DTS 5.1 HDMI passthrough——-OK
                              3 DTS-HD HRA 5.1HDMI passthrough—–OK
                              4 DTS-HD MA 5.1 HDMI passthrough—OK
                              5 Dolby True-HD 5.1 HDMI Passthrough—can’t work, reciver just show 2.1, not 5.1;

Comment

That's a nice looking box! Too bad about the DD & DTS no passthrought over HDMI for S802 models except the upcoming S802-H or S802DD. I think too that the Fire TV is a game changer for many with all it offers and the addition of Miracast, Plex, DLNA, USB to play local content, etc. No doubt XBMC will be playing soon like it is also on the Kindle Fire HD thanks to devs efforts.

Still the new S802 boxes will sell if they get all the kinks workout from them as they are very powerfull as video players and XBMC, especially on markets were getting a Fire TV is not as easy and cheap as in the United States.

Javimental, please do a review of the M8 box, it looks really good and hopefully it will perform as you expect.

Comment

Working...
                                X