Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unpacking and packing logo.img file - please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpacking and packing logo.img file - please help!!

Hi All

Im trying to change the very first splash screen that comes up on my MX box.

I know its found in the logo.img file which is in the update.zip but have been unsuccesful in unpacking/extracting rle/packing this file.

Ive managed to change the second splash screen (which is within the boot.img) using the dsixdas kitchen, but dont have a clue how to unpack the logo.img - any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

The logo.img file can be found here that I am trying to unpack

Cheers

GS

Originally posted by gunshot View Post
    Hi All

Im trying to change the very first splash screen that comes up on my MX box.

I know its found in the logo.img file which is in the update.zip but have been unsuccesful in unpacking/extracting rle/packing this file.

Ive managed to change the second splash screen (which is within the boot.img) using the dsixdas kitchen, but dont have a clue how to unpack the logo.img - any help/ideas would be much appreciated.

The logo.img file can be found here that I am trying to unpack

Cheers

GS
    This one looks like a standard bmp.

Try changing the name from logo.img to logo.bmp and see if it opens.

ShaunMT
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      This one looks like a standard bmp.

Try changing the name from logo.img to logo.bmp and see if it opens.

ShaunMT

Unfortunately that doesnt work!

Comment

Originally posted by gunshot View Post
        Unfortunately that doesnt work!
        Looking at it with a hex editor, it certainly appears to have a bmp inside it, but it also looks like it has some sort of header... I think it is similar to a logo I'm trying to open...

If you figure out how to open it, let me know.
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Any luck with this? Does anyone know how to change this? - the very first boot image for MX tv box roms. Cheers!

Comment

hi, I have a Beelink M8 and looked at the boot.img file I extracted (with assistance) from the NAND using winhex - I can see there is a bitmap for a 1080p and a 720p image in the file - so I'm guessing there will be an initial header which has the offset of direct hex address of where the images begin.

It's been a while since I played around with *nix - I used to work with embedded thin client boxes and customise their roms, so when I have time I'll dig a little further.

Comment

I too think the M8 logo.img is made of 2 BMP images. I do think it's a 1080p and 720p BMP somehow joined together into 1 BMP image.

If anybody has a tool or knows how to join a 1080p and 720p BMP image together please let us know.

supersonic835

Comment

I don't have an M8... but some of the Amlogic M6 devices I own have the boot logo combined with the battery charging logos... I don't remember where I found instructions for extracting them and putting them back together...

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

For those archive including battery images etc. there are tools (mentioned here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4193...ment/?p=700666)
                  but thats not the same because i already tried to open the logo.img with those tools.

Comment

Originally posted by feh View Post
                    For those archive including battery images etc. there are tools (mentioned here: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4193...ment/?p=700666)
                    but thats not the same because i already tried to open the logo.img with those tools.
                    Yeah... that is what is referring to and that is the app I used to extract that type of image.

ShaunMT
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Post your logo.img here and ill have a look for you. Supersonic is right there is two bmp, 720 and 1080 inside the logo.img.

Comment

yeah i took a look at it in a hex editor. I have concluded it's made of at least 3 bmp images

I managed to find a header named bootup_1080 , bootup_720 and another header named poweron

only problem is i cannot find a tool/program or a way to unpack or split the original M8 logo.img , so i can customize and create my own custom logo.img

Comment

you could 'simply' just use the hex editor to do this.
                          just cut out the headers -> extract them somewhere else for later use and create two new images files. edit and save them and copy the hex passage back to one file, seperated by your extacted headers.

you could also count how big a header is and then cut the file with dd

Comment

Originally posted by feh View Post
                            you could 'simply' just use the hex editor to do this.
                            just cut out the headers -> extract them somewhere else for later use and create two new images files. edit and save them and copy the hex passage back to one file, seperated by your extacted headers.

you could also count how big a header is and then cut the file with dd
                            BINGO!

That's what I used to change it!

This post cracks me up a bit.... This logo.img has no tool... You have to know what your doing!

Bottom line look with a Hex editor. Forget all the bootup blaa blaaa blaaa... Just replace the images. They are BMP images and look for BM8 header... Replace those with your BMP images using the hex editor... DONE.. Not hard at all! Took about 2 minutes to do.

If your looking for a tool to do it, I just asked 900supersport if he would make a script to do it for you lazy people Kidding....

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

hey guys, maybe i'm late here but there's a tool to make this. i cloned croniccorey's linux-xbmc github and there are two binary files to do this, name is img555 or something like that, i've seen this a while ago and tried it, that works. i'm not at home right now, i will look for the exact name of the files and also upload them
                              There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X