Geniatech ATV1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geniatech ATV1800

I'm super excited that I will be getting my Geniatech ATV1800 next week.
    It's Geniatech first Quard Core AMlogic unit with Octacore Maili450 GPU

Geniatech has made some really sold units like the ATV1200
    I suspect the ATV1800 should keep up with the Geniatech reputation of quality.

If anyone has any suggestions of what we should throw at this unit to put it to the test, let me know and I will give it a shot and report back.

hi, i just wonder where you ordered the Geniatech ATV1800?
    Second, i would be happy if you could test if XBMC can stream fullhd (like the "bird scene" from Planet earth) mkv files with LAN\RJ45 (not wifi).

Also test when play mkv movies in XBMC if you haven DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1 sound through spdif out.

When this is ok, i will order directly the Geniatech! I now have the xtreamer prodigy but i am very disapointed of this unit!

Kinds regards from the Netherlands!

Comment

about time.. it has been almost a year when it was first announced

Yes..
      Please post a review
      I ordered a similar device.. and i'm curious about its performance

Comment

Originally posted by Ralhaz View Post
        I'm super excited that I will be getting my Geniatech ATV1800 next week.
        It's Geniatech first Quard Core AMlogic unit with Octacore Maili450 GPU

Geniatech has made some really sold units like the ATV1200
        I suspect the ATV1800 should keep up with the Geniatech reputation of quality.

If anyone has any suggestions of what we should throw at this unit to put it to the test, let me know and I will give it a shot and report back.

Yes, I would also like to know where you ordered your ATV1800 from, Aliexpress says it is still pre-order. My first concern is the stability of the OS. All my other rockchip devices are not stable, constant reboots or freezing. My Geniatech ATV1220a is very stable compared to my other devices. If you have a webcam, could you test it for stability, again, with my ATV1220a, my webcam Logitech C310 works great and very stable. If by chance you have a Silicondust HDHomerun, would like to know how the tv streaming is. One last thing, test the wifi strength. Also, would love to see a video review of this device.
        thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I will be more than happy to run this unit through it's paces.

These units are not yet available to the general public so you wont be able to order them just yet.
          I happen to be one of Geniatech US dealers, hence the are supplying me with a sample prior to our shipment arriving.

The exact release date of the ATV1800 and the ATV582 has yet to be determined, but once I know more I will be happy to share with the forum.

I suspect that these units will sell like hotcakes as many people know and trust Geniatech brand.
          Now I just have to determine how many units our opening order will be for.

Thanks
          Ralaz

Comment

Ralhaz, just curious, have you got your pre-release sample of the ATV1800 now?

These units are not yet available to the general public so you wont be able to order them just yet.
            I happen to be one of Geniatech US dealers, hence the are supplying me with a sample prior to our shipment arriving.

The exact release date of the ATV1800 and the ATV582 has yet to be determined, but once I know more I will be happy to share with the forum.

I suspect that these units will sell like hotcakes as many people know and trust Geniatech brand.

Thanks
            Ralaz

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus99 View Post
              Ralhaz, just curious, have you got your pre-release sample of the ATV1800
              now?
              Thanks for asking him that question. I was going to ask the same question. Also, I can't seem to get answer from Geniatech on the availability, Even though, other companies are coming out with the similar boxes, I think I will wait for this box. I have a Geniatech ATV1220 and it is fantastic, makes my Rockchip boxes feel like junk.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Well I hope he responds! I kind of feel the same way regarding Geniatech. I noticed today the orders are piling up for this one particular S802 box sold by Mobase, but I think it will take a month before we get any solid reviews on it.

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                Thanks for asking him that question. I was going to ask the same question. Also, I can't seem to get answer from Geniatech on the availability, Even though, other companies are coming out with the similar boxes, I think I will wait for this box. I have a Geniatech ATV1220 and it is fantastic, makes my Rockchip boxes feel like junk.

Comment

ATV1800 first appearance in the wild

Thanks
                  Ralaz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received an email yesterday from Geniatech sales. The ATV1800 should be available in four weeks on Amazon! Get in line guys, it forms behind me!
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-01-2014, 20:34. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Originally posted by Foodog View Post
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received an email yesterday from Geniatech sales. The ATV1800 should be available in four weeks on Amazon! Get in line guys, it forms behind me!
                    Awesome!!!

Comment

I'm a little disappointed in the specs lacking Bluetooth and only 1gb ram compared to 2gb every other s802 box has listed.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                        I'm a little disappointed in the specs lacking Bluetooth and only 1gb ram compared to 2gb every other s802 box has listed.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                        Where did you find the specs?

Comment

Re: Geniatech ATV1800

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                          Where did you find the specs?
                          Geniatech home page

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response.
                            I just received my test Atv1800 unit today.
                            That being said I will try to get some pics and info posted in the next few days.

With regards to the atv1800 specs, I've heard that as the unit goes into final production there maybe a increase in memory to at least 2gb of ram.

Both myself and several other distributors have suggested strongly to Geniatech that they need to beef up ram and storage to make this box as competitive as possible. We have also stressed the importance of being able to play xbmc smoothly as we all know that's why 99% of people purchase these units for.

In my opinion Geniatech is one of the best manufacturers out there. It's been my experience that they produce a sold product and stand behind what they do. Geniatech told me that they want the atv1800 to be as bug free and perfect as possible before releasing the unit, hence why we've seen some delays with this units release.

Thanks
                            ralhaz

Comment

Hi Ralhaz,
                              Thanks for the update and for going to bat for us to have better specs built in. Look forward to your upcoming pics & info!

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response.
                              I just received my test Atv1800 unit today.
                              That being said I will try to get some pics and info posted in the next few days.

With regards to the atv1800 specs, I've heard that as the unit goes into final production there maybe a increase in memory to at least 2gb of ram.

Both myself and several other distributors have suggested strongly to Geniatech that they need to beef up ram and storage to make this box as competitive as possible. We have also stressed the importance of being able to play xbmc smoothly as we all know that's why 99% of people purchase these units for.

In my opinion Geniatech is one of the best manufacturers out there. It's been my experience that they produce a sold product and stand behind what they do. Geniatech told me that they want the atv1800 to be as bug free and perfect as possible before releasing the unit, hence why we've seen some delays with this units release.

Thanks
                              ralhaz

Comment

Working...
                              X