Geniatech ATV1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noderat View Post
    I'm a little disappointed in the specs lacking Bluetooth and only 1gb ram compared to 2gb every other s802 box has listed..
    Does anyone know which S802 it will be?
    S802
    S802DD
    S802H

In the past Geniatach had the most stable and rich featured devices in my view.
    Missing Bluetooth would rank the device behind others...

I am waiting such a long time now for the ATV1800.
    Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Ralhaz View Post
      Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response.
      I just received my test Atv1800 unit today.
      That being said I will try to get some pics and info posted in the next few days.

With regards to the atv1800 specs, I've heard that as the unit goes into final production there maybe a increase in memory to at least 2gb of ram.

Both myself and several other distributors have suggested strongly to Geniatech that they need to beef up ram and storage to make this box as competitive as possible. We have also stressed the importance of being able to play xbmc smoothly as we all know that's why 99% of people purchase these units for.

In my opinion Geniatech is one of the best manufacturers out there. It's been my experience that they produce a sold product and stand behind what they do. Geniatech told me that they want the atv1800 to be as bug free and perfect as possible before releasing the unit, hence why we've seen some delays with this units release.

Thanks
      ralhaz
      Ralhaz, Have you had an opportunity to make a video of the ATV1800 yet? Can you give us some of your observations. It is getting very difficult to wait for this device since the other brands are looking very tempting. I do have a preference for the Geniatech products. Please keep us updated.
      thanks
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hey guys.. sorry I've been so slow with getting a video posted and a review done.
        I was waiting for a firmware update from Geniatech before I posted anything. Now that I've gotten the update, I will get it installed and report back.

I did have a few minutes to take a couple pics if your interested, let me know and I will post them.
        I also disassembled the box and took at look at the motherboard. It appears to be running a S802 chip from what I saw.

I will check with Geniatech to see what the final production specs are going to be and report back.
        Thanks
        Ralhaz

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Ralhaz, Have you had an opportunity to make a video of the ATV1800 yet? Can you give us some of your observations. It is getting very difficult to wait for this device since the other brands are looking very tempting. I do have a preference for the Geniatech products. Please keep us updated.
        thanks

Comment

Waiting for the review..

Comment

Hey guys.. sorry I've been so slow with getting a video posted and a review done.
            I was waiting for a firmware update from Geniatech before I posted anything. Now that I've gotten the update, I will get it installed and report back.

I did have a few minutes to take a couple pics if your interested, let me know and I will post them.
            I also disassembled the box and took at look at the motherboard. It appears to be running a S802 chip from what I saw.

I will check with Geniatech to see what the final production specs are going to be and report back.
            Thanks
            Ralhaz
            Thanks Ralhaz for the update. I would love to see the pics you have taken, espically the pics of the hardware and disassembly. So, if it has S802 chip, then it will NOT have hardware dedcoding of Dolby?
            Keeps up informed.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

ATV1800 pics

Here are a few pics of the unit

Comment

ATV1800 Motherboard

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Ralhaz, I reallly like the looks of the Geniatech devices. Is this a prototype, or a soon to be shipping version? One thing I have noticed about Genitech, they don't provide many updates for their devices. But they do seem make sure the product is consumer ready before they ship. Also, are they going to make a device with the "H" version for Dolby and DTS hardware decoding? I would like to see a youtube video of the operation of this device. I know I am asking a lot from you, but I have to decide if I am going to wait for this device to become available, my fingers are getting itchy. One more question, do you think they will put a decent heat sink on that cpu? It already has holes for the monting. That is a beautiful looking box.

thanks, again

Comment

I'll see if I can get most of your questions answered from my contact at Geniatech.
                    This unit was a sample and I had heard that there were to be some differences between the samples and final production run but I think that was them increasing the amount of ram.

I do what I can to post a video, but please keep in mind that the device is running beta firmware at this time.

I ran Antutu and this box scored a 24227 with the beta firmware.

Hope to get some video up sooner rather than later.
                    Thanks
                    Ralhaz

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    Thanks for the pics, Ralhaz, I reallly like the looks of the Geniatech devices. Is this a prototype, or a soon to be shipping version? One thing I have noticed about Genitech, they don't provide many updates for their devices. But they do seem make sure the product is consumer ready before they ship. Also, are they going to make a device with the "H" version for Dolby and DTS hardware decoding? I would like to see a youtube video of the operation of this device. I know I am asking a lot from you, but I have to decide if I am going to wait for this device to become available, my fingers are getting itchy. One more question, do you think they will put a decent heat sink on that cpu? It already has holes for the monting. That is a beautiful looking box.

thanks, again

Comment

I'll see if I can get most of your questions answered from my contact at Geniatech.
                      This unit was a sample and I had heard that there were to be some differences between the samples and final production run but I think that was them increasing the amount of ram.

I do what I can to post a video, but please keep in mind that the device is running beta firmware at this time.

Thanks
                      Ralhaz
                      That would be great. I understand that your box is still in beta.

Comment

Geniatech ATV1800 Android OS crippled?

Thanks
                        Ralhaz
                        From your experience so far with the ATV1800, can you tell if it is possible to access Google Play, install a program. Can another theme be installed such as Apex? It seems that Tronsmart for example appears to have disabled most of the functionality in android which in addition to XBMC is useful.

F@@dog

Comment

Geniatech ATV1800

This will be my Android box of choice however Geniatech needs to upgrade the ram or have a rock solid experience on Android me to buy it.
                          It's not always about the hardware however the specs needs to be up to par with the new M8 SOC devices from Shenzen Tomato Technology and competitors.

I still have a M3 and it's build quality is great.

Let us know when you have time for a review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

They announced this model last year, and not really selling it, it's more like a vaporware to me.

Comment

It is disappointing with 1GB ram I'm not to concered about bluetooth

[email protected]

Sample price for our ATV1800 is 80USD

Best regards,
                              Brooke
                              Shenzhen Geniatech Inc, Ltd
                              Tel: +86 755 8602 8796
                              MSN/ Email: [email protected]
                              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by Foodog View Post
                                From your experience so far with the ATV1800, can you tell if it is possible to access Google Play, install a program. Can another theme be installed such as Apex? It seems that Tronsmart for example appears to have disabled most of the functionality in android which in addition to XBMC is useful.

F@@dog
                                Yes you can access the playstore at this time
                                Geniatech is working hard to make this unit as bug free as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X