Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Gamestick CFW v1.3

Originally posted by abo1787 View Post
    I'm loving the rom so far, but really need the cifs modules so that i can mount drives on this stick.

If I had this one thing, I can stream games and other media from my home media shares.

If there is any way you can compile these modules, and post them, I'd be eternally grateful. Also, I was looking to compile this myself, as I think it'd be fun to get into android building.

Can I use your img to do this, or do I have to find another base kernel, and build it to be what I want? Just wondering where to start.
    I will try this tomorrow, and you are free to use my rom as base. I can share the unpack boot.img scripts as they are not the standard ones available

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by niabi View Post
      I will try this tomorrow, and you are free to use my rom as base. I can share the unpack boot.img scripts as they are not the standard ones available
      You're freaking awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently running into all sorts of issues with this stick.

i get it stable here in my bedroom (where I'm testing) and then move it out to the living room, and it won't boot. I've restored it twice, each time it's fixed it. I'm going to try again

thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a link to the scripts, and use it as my base. I appreciate it.

Comment

Best way to know is to test it I haven't tested it since I have no need for it.

Originally posted by netghoster View Post
        Does the ROM support USB camera? I have a external USB camera with Microphone. It will be great I can use this for video calls via SKYPE or Hangouts.

Thank you.

Comment

I compiled the CIFS module (cifs.ko)

MD5: 10d5316552a148010d0694577e18cbd6

although the rom already supports SMB, since I use it on SPMC andwith ESFilemanager to access my windows shares.

and here is the extract/pack scripts that I use

MD5: 98be760a359ee71543e8e322cf6c4a37

enjoy

Originally posted by abo1787 View Post
          You're freaking awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently running into all sorts of issues with this stick.

i get it stable here in my bedroom (where I'm testing) and then move it out to the living room, and it won't boot. I've restored it twice, each time it's fixed it. I'm going to try again

thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a link to the scripts, and use it as my base. I appreciate it.

Comment

thank!!

I hope to get to work on these soon. I was looking at the requirements to compile a kernel, and I don't currently have the environment space setup. But I hope to get it soon. Just gotta find some free time.

Really appreciate it, and I'll let you know how it goes.

I compiled the CIFS module (cifs.ko)

MD5: 10d5316552a148010d0694577e18cbd6

although the rom already supports SMB, since I use it on SPMC andwith ESFilemanager to access my windows shares.

and here is the extract/pack scripts that I use

MD5: 98be760a359ee71543e8e322cf6c4a37

enjoy

Comment

GameStick Controller

Yes it will, but you need to pair it manually in Bluetooth settings
              Thanks for the information
              I will try it today to connect Controller via BT

Comment

Ready for that kernel access

Comment

I have been making progress on getting Adroid 4.2.2 on the Gamestick, and making the CPU run at 1.2 ( instead of 984mhz )

so far I have:

Wifi Working
                  CPU at 1.2g (same governor tho)

I do need help on getting Bluetooth working, anyone familiar with enabling BT on android? I know I have the drivers and files needed, I just can't get them to work

Code:
                  service hciattach_amp /system/bin/hciattach_amp -n -s 115200 -f /etc/bluetooth/BCM40183B2_26M.hcd -m /data/misc/bluetooth/bt_addr.conf /dev/ttyS1 bcmbt 2000000 flow
                  gives

Code:
                  "service: Unknown command hciattach_amp"

and

Code:
                  /system/bin/hciattach_amp -n -s 115200 -f /etc/bluetooth/BCM40183B2_26M.hcd -m /data/misc/bluetooth/bt_addr.conf /dev/ttyS1 bcmbt 2000000 flow
                  seems like it will start the service, but then fails with

Code:
                  start reset bcm2048
                  Initialization timed out.

Comment

Can I flash this throough a flash drive connected to the usb port on the y cable? i found anothe rsite that was discussing this and there were severall differnet reviews, some saying this did not work at all, others saying it worked, but you had to leave it unplugged from the tv's hdmi port or the recovery screen would flash on for a moment and then go to the usual screeen. Just wondering because i really would rather use a flash drive which i have, than buy a whole new sd card.

Comment

please help i cant download it from server dropbox i hope upload it again

Comment

So what ever happened to this thread?
                        Anything new?
                        I rarely use mine now.

Comment

The Gamestick is old now, hardware is showing its age, and with no kernel source (that I know of) its hard to do anything else with it,

Comment

Working...
                          X