Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution for stuck in Android load AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2

REPOST 2019-12-18 with updated links
    (uploaded due to popular demand - debrick your device and then follow up for example as a LibreElec device etc.)

EASY SOLUTION !!!!

Here is an idiot proof UNBRICK SD CARD IMAGE for >>Matricom Midnight G-BOX MX2<< and its clones.

(also known as following MX2/G18 devices MX Box, DroidTV MX, AndroidGadget, MX2 .... with Amlogic AML8726-MX SoC (Amlogic Meson6):

G18REF
    G02REF
    MX2REF
    HD 18 v2.2
    HD 18 v2.21

Specs: 1gb / 8gb AML8726MX / Meson 6 / M6

This special SD card image makes your generic clone TV BOX a genuine Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 TV Box device (with a ROM DATE = 9th of August 2013).

What is it: bootable Matricom Android 4.2.2 full recovery image

It is very simple to install:

0.) Read EVERYTHING in this post before starting.

1.) Insert a 4gb or larger SD CARD into Windows PC
    2.) Download this SD CARD image FILE: Matricom image Matricom Midnight G-BOX MX2 v1.1.5+ image (August 9th, 2013)
    3.) Download this program: https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw...10Portable.exe
    4.) Unrar the downloaded Matricom Image (file in pos 2), you will get this image: MATRICOM_MX2_115_FULL_AUG_09_2013.imgc
    5.) Burn this image file using the HDD RAW Copy Tool to the 4 gb sd card already in Windows PC (as mentioned in pos 1)
    6.) Wait until HDD Raw Copy Tool finishes, close the HDD RAW COPY program and eject the card SAFELY - choose eject from PC, right click menu + eject.

7.) Follow this method:

- Make sure MX device is powered off and power cable removed.
    - Insert SD card you just created.
    - Insert a match or a toothpick to reset hole - you will feel a click. (AV hole in the back)
    - Power on the MX box by inserting power cable, while holding the match in the reset hole.
    - It will boot to recovery and start installing ROM - you can release the match from the AV hole now.
    - It installs everything automatically, no user interaction needed.
    - After finishing it will give 2 errors - these do not matter.
    - Remove power cable
    - Insert power cable again
    - The device will now boot as MATRICOM MIDNIGHT G-BOX MX2

WARNING: THIS METHOD WILL ERASE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR MX BOX AND INSTALLS A NEW ROM. USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

FOOTNOTE: IF YOUR DEVICE IS THE CORRECT DEVICE LISTED IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS POST AND IT DOES NOT UNBRICK YOUR DEVICE, YOU NEED SOME HARDCORE SKILLS, UART, JTAG, PUTTY, ETC. POSSIBLE HARDWARE FAILURE - NOT FIXABLE BY SOFT METHODS.

Tags: aml8726-mx, aml8726mx, cwm, droidtv mx, g-box midnight mx2, g18ref, mx2ref, unbrick
    Last edited by BenniBenassi; 12-17-2019, 22:05.

Hi
    I would be intrested on how to install matricom firmware on a g18ref G-Box please.

Comment

Read your private mail.....

Comment

links

hi
        You can send links to files and how to install the files to the box
        thanks

Comment

I am also interessed in the files, specialy in the kernel.

Comment

OK This seems to be a bit of a secret so here is the file I used.
            I used the tooth pick method to flash this Firmware, just put the 3 unzipped files to the root of a SD Card.
            All I can say this worked 100% for me.
            The file was found on the net and is not my work and i am not responsible if you brick your MX2 G-Box.

Good luck.

I
            Last edited by Knobhound; 09-02-2013, 21:55.

Comment

It is not a secret. I did not have the time to sit behind a computer and type an extensive DIY.

Now I have so...

Download these two files:

FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip

FILE: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip

I used this simple method, no HW bypass required, no hacking needed....

1) Update recovery image (extract files on SD card:mx2-boot-recovery.zip)
              - First back up all apps that you want saved by Titanium backup, to EXTERNAL storage.
              - Power off MX device and then remove power cable.
              - Insert SD card with extracted files in root directory.
              - Insert a match or a toothpick to reset hole - you will feel a click. (AV hole in the back)
              - Power on the MX box by inserting power cable, while holding the match in the reset hole.
              - It will boot to recovery. Good. Then remove power cable and remove SD card.

2) Install Matricom image (extract on SD card: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip)
              - Extract files from zip file to the root of SD card.
              - It will boot to recovery and start installing ROM. Good. It will restart when finished.

The end.

But still, I like AndroidGadget image better than Matricom.

Meanwhile, I also fooled around building a CWM for MX box. Even though the CWM builder successfully finished the CWM image, booting this bricked my device so badly I had to use the DD soft method to unbrick. Black screen and blue light. Now it works again though...

Comment

Thanks for the files. i will give them a go when my spare box arrives.
                The matricom image seems pritty good to me ,dose what i want it to do but there still is the odd time where it fails to find a selected file/link and it hangs and a reboot is required .
                There is a Linux image out for the MX2 so i may give that a shot on a spare box to see if any better.

EmbER v2.0.2 is Rolling Out!!! Links are on our home page. If you like it please click thanks on this post and give it a rating Thanks to all users Flash at your own risk!!! We claim absolutely no responsibility if you make your device a...

Dont know much about the Android Gadget image may give it a try sometime.
                Last edited by Knobhound; 09-06-2013, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by BenniBenassi View Post
                  It is not a secret. I did not have the time to sit behind a computer and type an extensive DIY.

Now I have so...

Download these two files:

FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip

FILE: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip

I used this simple method, no HW bypass required, no hacking needed....

1) Update recovery image (extract files on SD card:mx2-boot-recovery.zip)
                  - First back up all apps that you want saved by Titanium backup, to EXTERNAL storage.
                  - Power off MX device and then remove power cable.
                  - It will boot to recovery. Good. Then remove power cable and remove SD card.

2) Install Matricom image (extract on SD card: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip)
                  - Extract files from zip file to the root of SD card.
                  - It will boot to recovery and start installing ROM. Good. It will restart when finished.

The end.

But still, I like AndroidGadget image better than Matricom.

Meanwhile, I also fooled around building a CWM for MX box. Even though the CWM builder successfully finished the CWM image, booting this bricked my device so badly I had to use the DD soft method to unbrick. Black screen and blue light. Now it works again though...
                  Thank you very much for that post, that what I need but it didn't work for me.. with some error ("failed writing mac"), please help!!!
                  Last edited by momo111; 09-09-2013, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by momo111 View Post
                    Thank you very much for that post, that what I need but it didn't work for me.. with some error ("failed writing mac"), please help!!!
                    Is your box a G18REF box? If not, then this is not for you.

Comment

EASY SOLUTION !!!!

Here are an almost-idiot proof ROM by AndroidGadget Matricom Midnight G-BOX MX2.

Special SD card image makes your TV BOX (*) a Matricom G-Box Midnight MX2 TV Box device (ROM DATE = 9th of August 2013).

* = is following
                      G18REF
                      G02REF
                      MX2REF
                      HD 18 v2.2
                      HD 18 v2.21

1gb / 8gb AML8726MX / Meson 6 / M6

It is very simple to install, just insert a 4gb or larger SD CARD into Windows PC, use this program to set up the card: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-...02Portable.exe

Then use the extracted sd card image file (of your choosing) as a source and set a target to your sd card (4 gb), it writes the image, close the HDD RAW COPY program and eject the card (SAFELY - choose eject from PC, right click menu + eject).

FILE: Matricom image Matricom Midnight G-BOX MX2 v1.1.5+ image (August 9th, 2013)

WARNING: THIS METHOD WILL ERASE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR MX BOX AND INSTALL A NEW ROM. USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Matricom image (Android 4.2.2): OTA works for XBMC etc
                      - Insert SD card you just created.
                      - It will boot to recovery and start installing ROM.
                      - After finishing it will give 2 errors - these do not matter.
                      - Remove power cable and insert it again, the device will boot as MATRICOM MIDNIGHT G-BOX MX2

THIS IMAGE WILL ALSO UNBRICK THE DEVICE.
                      Last edited by BenniBenassi; 09-15-2013, 23:25.

Comment

Thank you very much for your help!!!
                        By the way... it's a G18REF box and I already installed XBMC Linux with no issues at all.

I will try your latest solution asap...

Thanks again.
                        Have a nice day.

Comment

I can really recommend the MATRICOM ROM... seems to work faster and more stable than the other... will test further.

Anyway, these images can be also used to UNBRICK the devices, they will boot regardless of corrupted rom, recovery or bootloader etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BenniBenassi View Post
                            I can really recommend the MATRICOM ROM... seems to work faster and more stable than the other... will test further.

Anyway, these images can be also used to UNBRICK the devices, they will boot regardless of corrupted rom, recovery or bootloader etc.
                            I just installed the Matricom ROM using your recovery image!!!

Thank you very much, You are the best.. so easy...
                            Last edited by momo111; 09-13-2013, 19:36.

Comment

Hello,

BenniBenassi, can you please give a MATRICOM ROM-like image for AM6 Amlogic AML8726-MX Dual Core TV Box Android 4.2.2 with 4gb APP space (flash size) ? Or tell what needs to be changed?
                              I guess userdata partition offset is different?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X