Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an old MX TV Box that will no longer boot at all and will not go into recovery mode. Help. Thank you

Comment

Bit of a thread revival. Can some one post these two files again please

FILE: mx2-boot-recovery.zip
      FILE: mx2fw114b-7-10-13.zip

Thank You

Comment

I've recently been working on fixing two older MX dual core boxes, one a HD18 v2.22 board and the other an AM8726 v1.1 board inside.

Both were stuck with no video out and would just go from the red light to blue and nothing else. I've fixed both using information and links to firmware from www.androidgadget.co.uk but unfortunately the website now appears to be down.

The main thing I found that was important was to create your recovery SD card with the Amlogic Bootcard Maker and a copy of u-boot.bin. With that made and a copy of the firmware I wanted to try copied to it, I got both boxes into recovery.

I found usable Android recovery firmware at www.ember-dev.com but for the HD18 v2.22 I preferred the Droid TV firmware from the androidgadget website.

Does anyone know whats happened to the site??

Comment

Originally posted by andyb1712 View Post
          I've recently been working on fixing two older MX dual core boxes, one a HD18 v2.22 board and the other an AM8726 v1.1 board inside.

Both were stuck with no video out and would just go from the red light to blue and nothing else. I've fixed both using information and links to firmware from www.androidgadget.co.uk but unfortunately the website now appears to be down.

The main thing I found that was important was to create your recovery SD card with the Amlogic Bootcard Maker and a copy of u-boot.bin. With that made and a copy of the firmware I wanted to try copied to it, I got both boxes into recovery.

I found usable Android recovery firmware at www.ember-dev.com but for the HD18 v2.22 I preferred the Droid TV firmware from the androidgadget website.

Does anyone know whats happened to the site??
          File for HD18 v2.22 is still here:

Comment

Any help on MX box Android load AML8726-MX Dual, Only Blue light with no signal on the screen.

Comment

hi! just need a re-set,
              step 1----pres and hold down the reset button on the back of the box
              step 2----plug the power cord to the power source
              step 3----keep holding the reset button
              step 4----recovery menu will appear

sheers

Comment

i cant reset the box I dont have anything on the screen I think I did something wrong and now the rom dont boot

Comment

I have an old MX TV Box that will no longer boot at all and will not go into recovery mode.
                  its only show 720p when insert power cord or turn on then go down black sreen
                  but i dont know exactly which version i have between G02REF not G18REF so i can try with short boot up

i try with some methode on this forum but no sucess
                  help me pls

Comment

If you can upload a photo of the circuit board in your MX box the version can be identified from the numbers on it.

www.ember-dev.com has firmware for free download that will work for both G02REF and G18REF variants and they have OE firmware to return your box to standard too.

I 'unbricked' two MX boxes by flashing them to EmbER and then returning to the OE firmware.

If the box won't boot to recovery mode then you need to use Amlogic Bootcard Maker to create your bootable SD card before copying the firmware to it.

If you can't find the bootcard maker via Google, send me a PM and I'll email a copy.

Comment

Hi,
                      I have au 8726_MX_BT android box 4.2.2 JDQ39.20140402.V0801 noyau 3.0.50-dirty.
                      I want to root the box. I failed de detect the box with my mac and adb (mode usb debogged).
                      So i want to install another rom.
                      Is there a way to instal a recovery TWRP ? if not i can follow the step of this forum but whitch rom rooted ?

Thank you.
                      JL

Comment

I have re-uploaded and posted instructions and the links in the first post.

Comment

Hi every body

there are a new rom with best android for Amlogic meson6 AML 8726-MX
                          arm cortex-a9

working with errors with android 4.2.2 rom...... but i want a new rom for best use

Comment

Working...
                          X