MX2 shes a brick :( ...... need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX2 shes a brick :( ...... need help please

I have this box (mx2)… it’s most sad i get no boot screen but plugged into my computer usb burning tool sees it
    I am hoping…. someone has a link to a firmware rom img file?
    I would be most grateful
    Thank you.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi PhatDeth

If i remember correctly, the MX2 was known under a number of names, including the G-Box Midnight and there were also a lot of clones with different hardware that the original had.

So it may be useful to give some details of the firmware version and even open the box and take some detailed pictures of the board and components on it to hopefully identify what firmware may be suitable.

There is some firmware from this site claiming to be for the MX2 but always approach with a little caution as the wrong firmware can soft brick a box, even though yours is already in a sorry state.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/download-the-latest-mx2-software-update/
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Thank you bluesmanuk for the quick response.
      I've included two pictures hoping it helps a little bit.
      the website link you gave me I've tried loading that one but USB burn tool won't load the file..... could you help me out here I'm probably doing something wrong.
      I contacted their support on that site asking if they had a IMG file and they do not.
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Looking at the site, that firmware is for use with an SD card, so you won't need to use the burn tool and the instructions are on there too.

I can't quite see the details on all the components but the board revision is clear and it is discussed on this thread, which may be a of great use to you.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/aml872mx/other-aml8726-m/16562-g18ref-hd-18-v2-2x-flash-as-g-box-midnight-mx2

Comment

So if it's something is made for an SD card I can't use the burning tool?
          because the box is seen by a computer will it still boot off an SD card?
          As you can tell I'm new to this.
          I will check out the link that you posted.
          Again thank you

Comment

In this case this is how they have provided it, so follow the instructions and it will install the firmware that way.

Once finished, the SD card can be used again for other purposes, so just a temporary use to flash the box.

Look forward to seeing how you get on.

Comment

i don't have the same box a95x max but this website helped me a lot

Comment

Working...
              X