XBMC > 12.0 for Prometheus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC > 12.0 for Prometheus?

Was wondering if anyone knows of a XBMC newer than build v12.0 that works OK with the Prometheus.
    I don't mean the v13 nightly's.

Tried some v12.2 builds made by Pivos - MX2 - Jynxbox etc but they all show serious problems on Prometheus.
    No picture - only sound on most codecs, not loading, crashing, etc.

Understandable since they are made for a specific box, even if the main SOC is the same.

v12.0 from 22/5/2013 on Prometheus is rock-solid but it bugs me i cannot set the Greek language in XBMC. The moment you choose it, XBMC crashes and exits (and stays on English).

Thanks...

Hi there.
    Just lo let you know that AMLogic builds < 12.3 are all specific.
    That means that the guy that is building it from the source needs to build it for AMLogic AND he needs to use the same Android that you'll be using. Not sure if the same release version of Android will do or if he needs to be using Finless if you're going to install it on Finless.
    I had the same issue that you did but then I discovered that Gotham alpha 12 nightlies are more or less stable at this point and that they already come with AMLogic Hardware Decoding.
    There are lots of addons that still don't support 13 but since I don't use them I'm fine.
    Cheers
    Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
    Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
    Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
    XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Thanks john3voltas,
      Followed your suggestion and installed latest v13. Looks stable and all plugins I use work.

Noticed some frame skipping (did not on v12.0) but perhaps it is a matter of fine tuning...

Comment

I noticed a lot of skips but no drops. At least that's what the OSD shows when I press 'o'.
        Can't honestly remember if the original 12.0 build did that too.
        Those skips are not eye-noticeable but I would feel much more comfortable if it didn't have to skip frames.
        Life would be so much simpler If Tronsmart would release a 12.3 with AMLogic HW decoding...
        Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
        Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
        Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
        XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Working...
        X