No announcement yet.

Bricked Prometheus - and proven unbrick method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, is there any reason why I am "killing" SD cards?
    Ever since I started copying the uboot and trying the SD cards on the Prometheus, the SD cards stopped showing up on Windows.
    The tools simply don't detect the SD cards. What can I make to recover those SD cards?

PS: Forget that. I've found out why I was having issues with the sd cards. Now if only I could understand why I can't recover my android box...
    Last edited by john3voltas; 06-30-2015, 08:29.
    Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
    Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
    Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
    XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Just to let you know that I've finally recovered my tv box.
      It was the SD card I was using. I went and bought a new Sandisk and it worked on my first try.
      Also thanks to Corey Moyer from team EmbER who directly offered help to unbrick the tv box.
      Cheers
      XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Apparently I spoke too soon.
        As I told you before, I have successfully reflashed the original tronsmart ROM on my Prometheus tv box and every thing seemed to be ok.
        But then I had to reboot the box and it hanged during the boot up and never finished booting up again.
        I tried several reboots but nothing worked.
        Then I reflashed the original ROM again and it seemed to be fine but as soon as I rebooted it hanged during boot up and never finished booting up again.
        I ran this procedure 4 or 5 times already and I always get the same result...
        I still can see the green A9 logo. Then it shows me another image and it gets suck on that image.
        I thought it needed me to wipe data or cache but then I saw a file in the ROM that has exactly that: wipe data and wipe cache.
        Can anyone give me any help with this?
        Thanks in advance
        XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Data wipe manually and try again

Comment

Originally posted by ademturk View Post
            Data wipe manually and try again
            Can you please tell me how I can do a data wipe on my box? Thanks in advance.
            XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by john3voltas View Post

Can you please tell me how I can do a data wipe on my box? Thanks in advance.

maybe you using the wrong uboot.bin file with the wrong F/W did you try older or newer F/W.

Comment

What do you mean by "wrong uboot.bin"? I simply followed the instructions by creating a bootable sdcard using the latest firmware file. And then I even tried using the previous fw file but the result was the same.
                I admit that I haven't opened the tv box case but I didn't have to do it because I could boot the sdcard without having to short the tv box pins.
                Am I doing anything wrong?
                Thanks in advance
                XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

You could try using this tool to make your sd card and try again http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/how-t...n-minutes.html

Comment

You could try using this tool to make your sd card and try again http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/how-t...n-minutes.html
                    I have done that already. I have used on different occasions the Minitool PArtition Wizard and the SDCardMaker (both the Chinese and the English version). But it makes no difference.
                    I don't know if I have explained this carefully enough already:
                    1 - I can successfully create the SD card with the recovery for the tv box (Minitool/SDCardMaker) and with the latest stock ROM for the ATV-106.
                    2 - I can successfully boot that SD card all the way through.
                    3 - When it finishes, I am on Android. I can install whatever apps that I want and I can configure Android whatever way I want. Everything works properly and I rejoice. If I could leave the box permanently powered on from that point onwards it would be a perfectly working Android tv box.
                    4 - So at that point I only have one problem. I can't reboot the tv box or else it won't boot up anymore. I even tried to shutdown -h now from it's CLI using Terminal. If I power it off or if I need to reboot it, it won't boot up because it gets hanged on the Android logo. Seems to me like a bootloader issue or some remnants of old data that didn't get cleaned but it's only a hunch because I don't know anything...
                    5 - This only hurts me because where I live we have many small power outages every week.

If I find some time I will create a video showing all these steps in detail.
                    XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Well, I'll be damned. I just powered up the tv box a couple of hours ago and it booted up properly, just like that, completely out of the blue...
                      It had been powered off for more than a couple of months after trying and trying to revive it. And now it just works.
                      It booted up with Stane's ROM. Since that particular ROM gives me wifi/ethernet problems I reflashed the last stock ROM. Then I rebooted it a dozen times and it just booted up properly after that.
                      After that it only failed to boot once (it acted like in the recent past, frozen after the Android logo) but maybe it's unrelated to my earlier problems.
                      I guess it's fine now...
                      Thanks to everybody that tried to help me
                      XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by john3voltas View Post
                        Well, I'll be damned. I just powered up the tv box a couple of hours ago and it booted up properly, just like that, completely out of the blue...
                        It had been powered off for more than a couple of months after trying and trying to revive it. And now it just works.
                        It booted up with Stane's ROM. Since that particular ROM gives me wifi/ethernet problems I reflashed the last stock ROM. Then I rebooted it a dozen times and it just booted up properly after that.
                        After that it only failed to boot once (it acted like in the recent past, frozen after the Android logo) but maybe it's unrelated to my earlier problems.
                        I guess it's fine now...
                        Thanks to everybody that tried to help me
                        next time john hen u want to buy a tv box make sure u investigate and buy a box that has a new chip-set and if you tend to buy it from known vendors like minix or mele maybe tronsmart you will have less head aches.

Comment

next time john hen u want to buy a tv box make sure u investigate and buy a box that has a new chip-set and if you tend to buy it from known vendors like minix or mele maybe tronsmart you will have less head aches.
                          Well, I've had that box for maybe 2 or 3 years. When I bought it, the 8726-M6 was recent.
                          It hasn't given me that many problems. This issue only happened because I flashed a rom that wasn't built for this box.
                          In such sense, if I was to buy a new box I'd possibly buy another Tronsmart again.
                          XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Hi every one, I bricked by flash this firmware (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-rom-1-1-ready). After using all you guys telling method, didn't work for me. Although short that 2 Pin and Recovery SD. Any one have me solve this issue. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X