NEW - Prometheus Finless ROM 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Prometheus Finless ROM 1.3

OK folks, here is a new ROM V1.3 made from the latest and greatest Tronsmart ROM released.

BOTTOM LINE! Read the README.txt file in the ROM download! There is a BUNCH of more information about things that I have spent the time to document for you!

OK so what's in this ROM:

Features and release notes for my 1.3 Prometheus ROM.

1) Rooted with an updated SU and Superuser.apk that works with 4.2.2

2) I have added the Google Play Store without all the junk Google apps!

3) I updated the play store and any APPs that needed it except Search.
    For some reason I cannot update that in the ROM.
    Bottom line as of May 25, nothing should need to be updated except Google Search.

4) Debloated of a huge amount of crap apps!
    The Google play patch added so much stuff it just had to be removed!
    Also I remove all the other BS bloat in this stock ROM.

5) As always, I added full init.d support!
    If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
    For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    To set it up, install a updated busybox from Google Play.
    Boot.img has been edited to automatically setup init.d once the new busybox is installed.

6) Gameloft fix. This fixes Gameloft games from crashing to the desktop.
    Many of them do not run and crash to the desktop. This is due to a license check based on the
    device. That is now fixed.
    I use the game Asphault 7 or wonder zoo to test this patch. They now work.
    Special thanks to Christian Troy for inventing this fix. I modded it for this ROM.

7) Phone carrier fix for Google Market unlock (more APPs show up).
    For some reason this was not built in like other stock ROMs.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will now NOT show up as a Prometheus device to Google Play!
    Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop
    to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot!

9) Put back in the Default 4.2.2 Launcher in case you do not like the new one.
    On first boot you can choose which launcher you want

10) I Fixed the ugly default wallpaper for the 4.2.2 launcher.
    I hope you like my basic carbon fiber look better?
    To me it looks better on a TV screen.

11) I fixed launcher dock. Missing icons and spaces. That is now reorganized to be CLEAN.

12) Fixed the default settings.apk so it shows up in the APP drawer like it should.

13) Set the status bar at the bottom to ON for first boot.
    I prefer it. But if you launch the special settings (Media center Settings) it will turn it on
    and you can turn it off again.

14) In the APP Addon Folder I have put the RC Client, XBMC, and the airplay that I removed from the ROM.
    Feel free to install these if you like.

OK so enough said..... All I ask is that you:

Read the README.txt file in the ROM download! There is a BUNCH of more information about things that I have spent the time to document for you!

Here is the ROM download link:

ROM -> Tronsmart Prometheus Finless 1.3 ROM (283 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

So no one has tried it yet?

Bob

Comment

NICE!

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
      Very Nice! Just got home I will flash this now!!! Thank you very much Bob! I will report back soon!

Comment

OK, I flashed the rom with no problems... You are the MAN.

XBMC (I use this the most) is working FLAWLESS! everything I tried, played like butter! HD 720P as well as SD content, I have no 1080P content but since this runs in 720P all the time I don't think it will look any better...

Netflix worked perfect.

HBO GO was my only problem, tried to play anything and it gave the "this is an audio only stream" but I did not even hear any audio. I will play with it more and see what I can do...

Very small issue, when I go to settings and in some transitions between apps the background has a green tint to it but it does not bother me one bit! I just thought I should mention it...

This is all I had time to try but this rom is FAST! I use this box mainly for streaming media and it is perfect for that! I have an OUYA to play games on so I have not tested any games.

Thank you for updating this device! without you Bob this box would be collecting dust, i just bought another one on sale at geekbuying after I saw you had made V1.3!

I will be giving you another donation for your hard work and also getting it done so fast! Thank you again Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by xerose View Post
          HBO GO was my only problem, tried to play anything and it gave the "this is an audio only stream" but I did not even hear any audio. I will play with it more and see what I can do...
          I am sure it is a missing codec. I am also sure the stock ROM would have done this?
          UNLESS HBO GO does not like a rooted ROM?

Originally posted by xerose View Post
          Very small issue, when I go to settings and in some transitions between apps the background has a green tint to it but it does not bother me one bit! I just thought I should mention it...
          I am not sure I understand? Settings and then transition between APPs?
          If you can explain the exact steps to get to this green tint I am sure I can look into that.

Bob

Comment

Thanks BOB!!!
            Looking for developers
            http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
              Would this run on a G-Box MX2 clone (g18ref board)?

Thanks
              Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Configuration of Logitech Harmony IR Remote??

Bob or anyone,

I bought a Prometheus from Geekbuying without a IR Remote and Geekbuying can't help me.

There is no entry in Harmony:s device database for either Tronsmart Prometheus or Any other Visson device. Does anyone know of a tv-box in the Logitech Harmony database that uses the same remote?

When talking to Logitech support they said that they needed the "discrete HEX-Codes" and then they could make a entry for me.
                I _think_ that if anyone has a original IR remote and a logitech Harmony that it's possible to record the codes and then somehow upload them to logitech support.

All help would be very appreciated!

/Johan

Comment

Originally posted by 6hzzz
                  Amlogic Replace the infrared remote control
                  remote.conf: debug_enable = 1
                  2. Press any key remote control,Open a terminal, I like to use webkey, input the dmesg (print kernel debugging information to the screen)
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3646[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks for the help, but....

debug_enable was already set to "1" in /etc/remote.conf, but I don't get anything in dmesg :-(. Is there a service that is not started?
                  I have to confess that I'm still on the latest factory image, but can install Finless latest if that changes anything.

/Johan

Comment

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for the rom.

My Prometheus arrived from Geekbuying yesterday and i have installed the new rom. Everything seems ok but i have some problems :

- My wireless keyboard with touchpad is not working on Prometheus, neither with the stock rom nor the Finless 1.3 rom. Not only keyboard, the touchpad also is not working. It was working perfectly on MK808 (with keyboard helper pro software). When i press the keys, the usb dongle is blinking but not typing on screen.

- I cannot get picture on some movies but the sound and the subtitles are ok. I think some codecs are missing (same with MX player and XBMC). PS: MX player codecs was not installed.

- If i go to desktop while XBMC running, i cannot return back to application again. Each time I have to restart it from desktop.

Comment

My Prometheus is on its way. I will flash this immediately once it arrives. Thanks a million, Bob!

Comment

Hey Bob! Thanbks for another great ROM! Awesome work! Only thing is I really need airplay so I installed the airplay app but it does not seem to be working. Any ideas?

Thanks,

iamwally

Comment

I was about to buy an MX2 clone when I saw this rom available for the Prometheus. Geekbuying has a 4 gig and an 8 gig rom available for $50 and $60 respectively. Will this rom work for both of them? This is the lowest price point I have seen for units larger than "stick" format with extra I/O connectors.

8 gig unit - $60
                          China-1 Stock | Buy 8G Tronsmart Prometheus Dual Core 1.5GHz Amlogic M6 Android 4.2 Mini PC TV Box 1G RAM AV/HDMI/RJ45 Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

4 gig unit - $50

Comment

Originally posted by BakCompat View Post
                            I was about to buy an MX2 clone when I saw this rom available for the Prometheus. Geekbuying has a 4 gig and an 8 gig rom available for $50 and $60 respectively. Will this rom work for both of them? This is the lowest price point I have seen for units larger than "stick" format with extra I/O connectors.

8 gig unit - $60
                            China-1 Stock | Buy 8G Tronsmart Prometheus Dual Core 1.5GHz Amlogic M6 Android 4.2 Mini PC TV Box 1G RAM AV/HDMI/RJ45 Black online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

4 gig unit - $50
                            http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Trons...ck-313667.html
                            +1 i would like to know also. What difference do these boxes have except storage space?

Comment

Can i use this rom with this tv box ?

Its almost a clone of the Prometheus.

Comment

Working...
                              X