Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im in the process of heavily dedicating time to this tool, newer issues have came up with 8.1 R4 due to file contexts and make_ext4fs versions, im in the process of compiling make_exts4fs with the fixes for this but its not looking good, im having issues compiling Cmake V3.10 or newer

So what ive done
    -Downloaded newer version of Cmake and attempted a compile with cygwin
    -Set the USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB and USE_SYSTEM_CURL to OFF
    -Furthering the compilation i get
    "CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
    Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
    CURSES_NCURSES_LIBRARY"

After that i tried using Cmake 3.6.2 and getting issues with libz git unable to obtain SHA-1

If anyone is able to help here, please let me know, im not very experienced with cygwin or windows compilers

Comment

Anyone looking to get the donate version simply donate HERE
      and email [email protected] and supply your email address you donated from!

Comment

Hi Ricky !

I am a non-dev who has been playing with LibreElec.tv and discourse.coreelec.org ( Kodi JeOSes derived from OpenElec) on X96mini , A95X and MXQ pro 1/8 G boxes.

Looks like very useful work ! Read the thread and your short 12 min video:

1. What is the "donate version"? Different from v5.5 current?

2. There are recent comments saying v4.xx is fine and v5.xx is broken.
        Which Android versions are fine for v4.xx vs 5.xx? Which version (s) supports logo unpacking/repacking?

3. Do you have plans for building Amlogic tools for Libreelec/CoreElec type JeOSes? Or perhaps point me to any guides /tools that might already be available?

4. How about a guide for a custom Amlogic Android ROM that can focus on Kodi + Android media players like Terranium/Mobdro/IPTV Player etc with TVheadend and Plex support ?

5. Of course a more detailed video(s) would help a lot !

Cheers
        ​​​​

Comment

What Shippy friend suggested and perfect!
          You ricky divjakovski d and your tool would certainly break taboo! and move to the highest level of contributions to the ARM community.
          This tool spread throughout the world and great contribution,
          If it is possible to do the same with Libreelec and coreelec certainly and a gigantic contribution!

Comment

Version 6 is live now! Enjoy everyone

Comment

Awesome,!

Comment

Originally posted by ricky divjakovski View Post
                Version 6 is live now! Enjoy everyone
                I used your v6 and in level 2 l did not detect the vendor.I opened the Lewy android 8.0 firmware.I can't make twrp from the recovery.It stops at 40% .

Comment

• ricky divjakovski
                  ricky divjakovski commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Vendor is only supported by the donate version, also converting recovery is in the process of being rebuilt, there will be an accommodating build released over the next ferw days

A video guide on making a custom firmware and some other goodies has been made
                For making your own check out my youtube video, dont forget to subscribe for more content!
                Hey, in this video i explain how to make a custom firmware for AMLogic based android TV players with my recently release AMLogic tools.AMLogic tools - https:...

Comment

Originally posted by ricky divjakovski View Post

The tool is completely opensource, you can go through the code and see how it operates, this doesnt not compile TWRP from source, it simply splits the kernel and ramdisk and replaces the original ramdisk with the TWRP one then repacks into a boot.img, Its a dirty method that works.
                  Question: It is boot.img or recovery.img(.partition)? My approach is to replace recovery.img(,partition).
                  Last edited by HMdeV76; 02-17-2019, 01:29.

Comment

Originally posted by HMdeV76 View Post

Question: It is boot.img or recovery.img(.partition)? My approach is to replace recovery.img(,partition).
                    On freaktab there is a topic about twrp for amlogic devices.

Comment

Incredible tool Ricky! Thanks so much for you hard work. Getting the Donate version now!

Comment

Originally posted by hapishyguy View Post
                      Will try them. Thanks
                      I use Nova launcher prime, highly customizable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shippy View Post
                        Hi Ricky !

I am a non-dev who has been playing with LibreElec.tv and discourse.coreelec.org ( Kodi JeOSes derived from OpenElec) on X96mini , A95X and MXQ pro 1/8 G boxes.

Looks like very useful work ! Read the thread and your short 12 min video:

1. What is the "donate version"? Different from v5.5 current?

2. There are recent comments saying v4.xx is fine and v5.xx is broken.
                        Which Android versions are fine for v4.xx vs 5.xx? Which version (s) supports logo unpacking/repacking?

3. Do you have plans for building Amlogic tools for Libreelec/CoreElec type JeOSes? Or perhaps point me to any guides /tools that might already be available?

4. How about a guide for a custom Amlogic Android ROM that can focus on Kodi + Android media players like Terranium/Mobdro/IPTV Player etc with TVheadend and Plex support ?

5. Of course a more detailed video(s) would help a lot !

Cheers
                        ​​​​
                        there is now 6.0.0 free version available and 6.6.0 donate version with almost every single bug fixed, it also supports logo unpack/repack, full 8.x support aswell

Comment

Yeah Ricky
                          version 4.0 work fine on my computer and version 5.5 and version 6.0 just shuts down
                          Last edited by raruba; 04-05-2019, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
                            Yeah Ricky
                            version 4.0 work fine on my computer and version 5.5 and version just shuts down
                            Version 6.0.0 is available and 6.6.0 for donators, all issues should be eliminated besides the bug in UserInterface tab that doesnt effect the tools usage, give 6.0.0 a shot

Comment

Working...
                            X