X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clnupman View Post
    Thanks again, Ricky

Having a problem unpacking my ROMs at any combination of levels; stuck at "Unpacking Level 1 (Splitting package)" infinitely when running from an ext hd. When I copy the AMLTools folder locally and run from my desktop, it crashes whether under user context or admin context

Ideas? Win7, 64-bit
    As of yet, no ideas.. Do you have cygwin or similar programs installed?

Comment

Not at all.

Comment

Yeah this is really doing my head in, its gotta be something to do with file paths

Comment

Originally posted by ricky divjakovski View Post
          Yeah this is really doing my head in, its gotta be something to do with file paths
          Whats changed from 3.5 to 4.0? Only issues I've had, have been with 4.0 so it suggests something you've changed

You need to update your source code. hard to help out when your working on a different version to the source code provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonian View Post

Whats changed from 3.5 to 4.0? Only issues I've had, have been with 4.0 so it suggests something you've changed

You need to update your source code. hard to help out when your working on a different version to the source code provided.

Your right, source code does need to be updated, ive recently done a fresh install of my PC due to a virus, so github needs to be installed

EDIT: there are an odd 1000-2000 lines of code added/changed from 3.5-4.0

Comment

your right, its a lot to look through but the more eyes you can get looking at it, the better.

Comment

your right, its a lot to look through but the more eyes you can get looking at it, the better.
                That would be the case if anyone has contributed.. unfortunately noone has besides carmine rovito for methodology of repacking to sparse image

Comment

i would like to contribute but as I've said before. my knowledge is heavily based round the Basic language but after scanning through your 3.5 Source code, i was surprised by how much i understood. i stopped looking through the code because as mentioned earlier, its old code and you appear to have made a lot of changes in newer versions so ill wait for the new source code.

Think this program(s) will get more attention as the firmware versions move forward as the original customization tool is already failing at Nougat (7.0). id assume it doesn't work at all with Oreo.

Comment

i would like to contribute but as I've said before. my knowledge is heavily based round the Basic language but after scanning through your 3.5 Source code, i was surprised by how much i understood. i stopped looking through the code because as mentioned earlier, its old code and you appear to have made a lot of changes in newer versions so ill wait for the new source code.

Think this program(s) will get more attention as the firmware versions move forward as the original customization tool is already failing at Nougat (7.0). id assume it doesn't work at all with Oreo.
                    Correct, file contexts are also changed aswell and the stardard USB burning tool 2.0.8 doesnt support flashing 8.0, thus why im half way through making a USB burning tool

Yeah the C# .net 4.0 is very easy to understand and easy to add a GUI, thats why i chose .net
                    along the line i may make the unpacker class and USB client(will be in v4.5) in raw C or C++

like i said i dont have git installed on my fresh install but if you need the source code i can quickly package and upload to mega for you, feel free to PM me for the link

Comment

i never even thought about the Burning tool as that has always just worked for me. fairly sure 2.0.8 is an old version although not exactly sure what the newer version have added/changed (2.16?)

Can do. thanks.

Comment

i never even thought about the Burning tool as that has always just worked for me. fairly sure 2.0.8 is an old version although not exactly sure what the newer version have added/changed (2.16?)

Can do. thanks.
                        Not much im the new version, you can choose not to check the image crc on load, default language is english, 8.0 support, few other little things..
                        There is issues, it cant flash anything other than 8.x, fails to load some packages and the occasional crash on flash

Comment

just tried 2 older s905 firmwares and same thing. doesn't seem to be specific to any firmware.

also tried windows compatibility for windows 7,8. ran as admin etc. no luck
                          Try installing JRE

Comment

Try installing JRE
                            Already have it installed. Well I have jdk installed but that should include jre

Comment

Already have it installed. Well I have jdk installed but that should include jre
                              32 or 64 bit?
                              I installed 32

Comment

32 or 64 bit?
                                I installed 32
                                honestly cant remember, in work at the moment so cant check.
                                i just know i needed JDK for the original customization tool.

i suspect i would go for x64 unless the customization tool specifically needed x86.

Comment

Working...
                                X