Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this at XDA but thought I would post here as well in case someone here might be able to help. Been trying to use the BurnCardMaker to make an SD card to recover my M96X Plus box with. I tried with several SD cards and several different img files but for some reason the process would never finish. I kept getting to the point seen in the screen cap attached here and it would just sit there. Then when I would click in the app window I would get the "not responding" message as also seen in the the screen cap. I tried rebooting the box with the pin in the AV port reset method with one of the cards and I did get the green android dude on the screen, but he had a red X on him and nothing happened. Then I tried with an older firmware img file, started the reset and actually saw the "beginning upgrade" come on the screen. But then the screen went blank and I got my TVs message saying "Searching For Signal" and then "No Signal" as if the HDMI cable was unplugged... I tried another reset with a recovery.img file to get into TWRP but still get the no signal on the TV as if there's no HDMI plugged in, even though it is. The HDMI cable is good as I tried it on my WDTV Live box and it works fine....
    Did I brick the M96X Plus? Is there a way to fix this? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	761
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	742306

Comment

Shipwreck The Nand Chip short worked for me before. http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...short-location here's the video with instructions but make sure to use the proper pin short circuit for it to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsyS3p5asZs

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        5.09 is now available >CLICK<
        Working fine again, thanks!

Comment

Shipwreck, does box post any screens? If not need exact chip to determine pins. If box does anything at all then pin shorting is NOT for u. Try flashing boot loader manually.

Comment

Originally posted by bullgates View Post
            Shipwreck The Nand Chip short worked for me before. http://freaktab.com/forum/main-categ...short-location here's the video with instructions but make sure to use the proper pin short circuit for it to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsyS3p5asZs
            Thanks a million Bull. Trebor posted a pic of a samsung klmag2ge4a-a001 NAND with the pins to cross. The chip on my box is a samsung klmag2ge2a-a001... I also saw others posting other Samsung NANDs and they all seem to have the same two pins that need to be crossed, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jocooter View Post
              Shipwreck, does box post any screens? If not need exact chip to determine pins. If box does anything at all then pin shorting is NOT for u. Try flashing boot loader manually.
              Jocooter, no, all the box does is the blue light comes on. I get mes "no signal" message on my TV as if the HDMI cable isn't plugged in. As I mentioned above the NAND is samsung klmag2ge2a-a001.

Comment

5.1.2 is up, additions to the tool to compensate for "failed to create workflow xml" in USB burning tool and 1 minor bug fix

Comment

Hey all, if you're like me and don't have a male to male USB cord to use the USB burn tool, or any other app that requires the male to male USB, you can make your own if you have extra USB cables lying around. Here's a video that shows you how to do it:
                DIY Male to Male USB Cable

The attached pic is the one I just made in about a half hour total. Instead of an extra USB cable though I took an old 128MB USB stick, removed the board with the memory chip and such just leaving the male USB connector, and soldered the wires in the correct places and hot glued it in place for stability and popped the case back on. Gonna try the USB burn tool later and see if I can't unbrick my box.

Attached Files

Comment

Good way to brick a box

Comment

Good way to brick a box
                    What's a good way to brick a box Jo?

Comment

Piecing together cables when Amazon has then for 6 bucks

Comment

Piecing together cables when Amazon has then for 6 bucks
                        I didn't piece together cables. I put a male end onto the end of a cable with another male end on it with the correct wiring pattern. I need the cable now and won't be able to buy one for a week or so. Now I don't even have to buy one because I have one..

Comment

WOW Ricky, awesome job on taking up the challenge where AML inexplicably left-off. Its been a while since I found some firmware so deserving of a donation. WELL DONE!! been waiting for this for this since Nougat.

Comment

• ricky divjakovski
                            ricky divjakovski commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you, your contribution is appreciated aswell as all the other contributors that have kept this project alive!

So far donators have
                            - Helped me gain a new TV as mine broke
                            - Someone donated a decent PC(im sorry noone has actually came forward and told me they did)
                            - Helped me get a bigger SSD so im able to store more firmware

We are at a good place with these tools, pretty stable with minimal issues and improvements constantly being made.
                            AMLogic now has a future!

AMLTools_5.2.0.zip

every time i attempt to unpack KB2_PRO-ota-20170728.200225.V0321.zip that i download for here https://archive.org/download/KB2PROO...e_20170728.zip i get an error stating system.img cannot be unpacked. i have attached a log for you to help trouble shoot the issue. CustomizationTool_08-09-2018 17.53_log.txt

also when i unpack the system.new.dat using this method https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...k-dat-t3614840 i have no issues unpacking the system.img

also i have flashed this to my device so i am sure that the update zip is not corrupt.
                          Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE 5.3 available:

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                          X