This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ricky,

I am having a problem to use customization tool(s). The tool successfully unpacks the *.img file e.g. T95Z_2GB_twrp.img, but when repacking the file without any changes at any level, the S912 box never passes the boot animation screen. I have observed file size changed after repacking. I just want to change a setting in "dtb" files to get the front display working. I would appreciate if you guide me in the right direction. I am using HP SPECTRE, OS: Windows 10, RAM:4GB.

Thank you,
    Regards
    Saad

Yes from what i can tell this is a make_ext4fs issue, what is the size of the output image?
    Also, i will send you a test version to try
    Last edited by ricky divjakovski; 09-18-2018, 04:50.

Comment

dear Ricky, awesome work!

May I ask wether it is possible to set another default launcher than stock within your tool?

Just add defualt launcher entry in build prop additional settings? (I unpacked W95 S905w firm)

Kind regards

Comment

5.5.0 is up, i hope everyone enjoys, im yet to face any issues, ive also added logo unpacking/repacking

Comment

Thanks, anyone could gimme a hint howto replace default launcher within rom after having unpacked?

Comment

I have a TX3 Mini A. I downloaded the firmware from the Tanix site. I unpacked using Customization Tool to Level 1,2 and 3. I changed the boot logo and removed an apk and added an apk. I go to Packaging and click on Repack to Zip. The repack is done fine. Then I install it on a USB drive and put it in the box. I go to the box and choose the option Update&Backup and then click on select and choose the zip file TWRP and click on Update. The box reboots into TWRP. Then I flash the rom that I built above and I get an error in red in twrp that says "E: Legacy property environment did not initialize successfully. Properties may not be detected. Updater process ended with ERROR:6. Error installing zip file '/usb-otg/custom7full.zip'
            Does anyone has any idea what is this. I tried it several times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

As far as Creating a aml_upgrade_package.img from any of the Version 5's after repacking from anything but a Level1 will create a usb burn image that will not boot or if it does boot is unstable, And I have tried several time to edit the dtb file but that always ends in a Boot Loop.

Although Version 4 seems to work for repackaging although there is noway to edit a dtb in version 4 the rest of version 4 works.

My opinion is that the system.PARTITON file that is created with Version 5.x.x has a Corrupt Header or Null Header depends on how you want to look at it, And since No Other Tool can undo the Changes done to the system.PARTITION file, The older Tool from Amlogic refuses to unpack it and the Unix utilities simg2img will not read the file and exits with a Error.

All Version 5's are Broken in this respect in my Opinion.

Comment

I guess you are right. Also get errors when I click on boot animation after the install. I havent done a deep look at the code yet. The sd card burner doe not work either.
                  This whole software needs a lot of testing first.

Comment

hi, i have tried to edit POISON 905w rom & tanix tx3 mini official rom with your amlogic tools
                    just to remove some pre-installed apps like airscreen/amlogic flash/appinstaller/kodiaddonupdate/miracast
                    everything is ok from repack & flashing.
                    but the system dont run correctly on the box
                    i have execute Google play and chrome app, chrome will show a white screen that should have been the terms of service screen but it doesn't show up, even if i have bypass the welcome to chrome screen and get into the browser, it doesn't work and crash force exit by itself. same goes for google play that keep showing the loading animation and doesnt show login page..
                    do you have any advice on editing this rom?

Comment

Originally posted by tab View Post
                      hi, i have tried to edit POISON 905w rom & tanix tx3 mini official rom with your amlogic tools
                      just to remove some pre-installed apps like airscreen/amlogic flash/appinstaller/kodiaddonupdate/miracast
                      everything is ok from repack & flashing.
                      but the system dont run correctly on the box
                      i have execute Google play and chrome app, chrome will show a white screen that should have been the terms of service screen but it doesn't show up, even if i have bypass the welcome to chrome screen and get into the browser, it doesn't work and crash force exit by itself. same goes for google play that keep showing the loading animation and doesnt show login page..
                      do you have any advice on editing this rom?
                      You should give Version 4 a Try it was the Last Version that really worked for me.
                      All the Version 5's have issues, You are Lucky that it even Boots at all, Other Problems crop up from time to time after burning a Img made with the Version 5's

So it is Version 4 or Linux at this point in time anyway,

Hope this Helps.

Comment

Originally posted by tht View Post

You should give Version 4 a Try it was the Last Version that really worked for me.
                        All the Version 5's have issues, You are Lucky that it even Boots at all, Other Problems crop up from time to time after burning a Img made with the Version 5's

So it is Version 4 or Linux at this point in time anyway,

Hope this Helps.
                        just tested with version 4 and you are right, chrome and google play works correctly!
                        will try to cook my rom with this version for now. thank you

Comment

how to get the box connected if it cannot boot and i dont know the ip address?

Comment

Originally posted by deetucks View Post
                            how to get the box connected if it cannot boot and i dont know the ip address?
                            Not sure but try this. Turn off the box, put the SD card in the box and keep pressing the reset button in thr AV hole (mine was under the box, dont know why), then turn the power on. Do not leqve the slreset button until you see the Unpacking, or Updating or someting like that with a progress bar on the screen.

Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by hapishyguy View Post
                              Not sure but try this. Turn off the box, put the SD card in the box and keep pressing the reset button in thr AV hole (mine was under the box, dont know why), then turn the power on. Do not leqve the slreset button until you see the Unpacking, or Updating or someting like that with a progress bar on the screen.

Give it a try.
                              it just dosent get connected the s card way..i want to use this tool but it needs ip address to connect ,,dont know if theres a way around tht,,the box dosent boot pass the box logo..OTT TV BOX
                              MODEL: R1
                              CPU: AMLOGIC S905W
                              RAM: 2GB ROM :16GB
                              2A@5VDC

Comment

I would try differrnt things. Eg. put TWRP on the SD card and do the same. Get the official ROM or anything and put in SD card and see if anythung happens. It should work if you are seeing the logo atleast.
                                I would try the SD card way than relying on the IP address way on thia tool.

Comment

Working...
                                X