X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanghn90
    I wrote the tool on Ubuntu 18
    I will update 1st post, thanks for the tests
    Last edited by bumerc; 04-08-2021, 22:25.

Comment

Hi Guys. Can someone who has a clue help me, unpack/edit Android 9 img and pack again, its for Amlogic S905X Device. Everything I've tried so far has failed while packing. I would pay for it too.
      thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevChelios3 View Post
        Hi Guys. Can someone who has a clue help me, unpack/edit Android 9 img and pack again, its for Amlogic S905X Device. Everything I've tried so far has failed while packing. I would pay for it too.
        thanks.
        You need to be more specific. Do you have the link to the android 9 img? What is exactly the model of your box? And most importantly, what is exactly the error you get? (e.g. bootloop while burning? error repacking? bricked device?)

If I remember correctly S905X boxes are shipped with Android 6 by default. Some boxes have upgraded to android 7, and very few rom builders (e.g.superceleron) attempted to build android 8 or 9 for S905X boxes. So it does surprise me you are having an (assumed working - without hardware issues) android 9 image for your S905X box. Please double check if your image is REALLY android 9. Some of the images are faked to be android 9 but rather being actually an earlier android version.
        If your image is indeed android 9, you need to have a Linux machine (can be a virtual machine via VMware or similar) and follow the instruction on the first post of this thread.
        If your android version is actually 8 or below, please use Ricky's amlogic tools instead. You can find it here: (credit: ricky divjakovski )

You do need to disable your antivirus before running his tool. Don't worry, it's a legit tool.

By the way, we don't charge for helping each other. This is a free community.

Comment

Originally posted by thanghn90 View Post

You need to be more specific. Do you have the link to the android 9 img? What is exactly the model of your box? And most importantly, what is exactly the error you get? (e.g. bootloop while burning? error repacking? bricked device?)

If I remember correctly S905X boxes are shipped with Android 6 by default. Some boxes have upgraded to android 7, and very few rom builders (e.g.superceleron) attempted to build android 8 or 9 for S905X boxes. So it does surprise me you are having an (assumed working - without hardware issues) android 9 image for your S905X box. Please double check if your image is REALLY android 9. Some of the images are faked to be android 9 but rather being actually an earlier android version.
          If your image is indeed android 9, you need to have a Linux machine (can be a virtual machine via VMware or similar) and follow the instruction on the first post of this thread.
          If your android version is actually 8 or below, please use Ricky's amlogic tools instead. You can find it here: (credit: ricky divjakovski )

You do need to disable your antivirus before running his tool. Don't worry, it's a legit tool.

By the way, we don't charge for helping each other. This is a free community.
          its not surprising, i have done "generic" one for the s905x for over 1 year and half a go, i only never rls it to anyone other than some of the FT team members.(i think trebor was the one i shared it.)
          And ye i did fix all issues with it, i even done a android 10 for the s905x.. but that is another story lol.
          Anyway Khadas V1 is s905x and has Android 9, even its sdk is public to anyone who wants it to port it to a more generic s905x.

Comment

I'm trying to unpack an Android 10 S905X4 based image but when I run 'make mod-unpack' it gives the following error:

Code:
            rm -rf "out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/odm"
            mkdir -p "out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/odm"
            tools/linux/ext4unpack out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/odm.PARTITION out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/odm
            od: out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/odm.PARTITION: No such file or directory
            build/amlogic/device/20-unpack/unpack.mak:7: recipe for target 'out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/.stamp.unpack-odm' failed
            make: *** [out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/.stamp.unpack-odm] Error 1
            I've run make bc-clean and did all 3 options. I don't see any permissions problems either. Even tried running with sudo.

Any idea what the issue is? Possibly an encrypted img?

It's a Mecool KM6 Deluxe. Here's the upgrade package: https://mega.nz/file/aQpg2YKI#EMzS4O...f7jJb6hkg1ThTU
            Last edited by atvbca; 07-16-2021, 03:18.

Comment

superceleron Can upgrade package image files be locked so that they can't be unpacked or likely just a limitation of the unpacker?

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
                I'm trying to unpack an Android 10 S905X4 based image but when I run 'make mod-unpack' it gives the following error:

Code:
                rm -rf "out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/odm"
                mkdir -p "out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/odm"
                tools/linux/ext4unpack out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/odm.PARTITION out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/odm
                od: out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/odm.PARTITION: No such file or directory
                build/amlogic/device/20-unpack/unpack.mak:7: recipe for target 'out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/.stamp.unpack-odm' failed
                make: *** [out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-ubt/.stamp.unpack-odm] Error 1
                I've run make bc-clean and did all 3 options. I don't see any permissions problems either. Even tried running with sudo.

Any idea what the issue is? Possibly an encrypted img?

It's a Mecool KM6 Deluxe. Here's the upgrade package: https://mega.nz/file/aQpg2YKI#EMzS4O...f7jJb6hkg1ThTU
                Try with the XVortex kitchen.

Comment

Android 10 has super.img and therefore different sections in contrast to android 9.

Comment

sagert I found XVortex kitchen but it can't unpack the super.img. Do you know any tool for that?

I found lpunpack which is supposed to unpack super.img in raw format but I don't know how to compile it and there are no instructions. https://android.googlesource.com/pla...rtition_tools/
                    Last edited by atvbca; 07-16-2021, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
                      sagert I found XVortex kitchen but it can't unpack the super.img. Do you know any tool for that?

I found lpunpack which is supposed to unpack super.img in raw format but I don't know how to compile it and there are no instructions. https://android.googlesource.com/pla...rtition_tools/

Comment

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

File Unpacken kitchen for android v5.2

Comment

I unpacked my ROM and I have some RAW files that I can edit.
                          Last edited by Borec1; 08-24-2021, 17:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Borec1 View Post
                            I unpacked my ROM and I have some RAW files that I can edit. But I would like to change the main logo of the bootloader how can I do it?
                            This function is not available. But you can do it with logo_img_packer:

unpack
                            Code:
                            logo_img_packer -d logo.PARTITION ~/logo
                            repack
                            Code:
                            logo_img_packer -r ~/logo new_logo.PARTITION

Comment

im getting a few errors not sure if it effects anything as the img does rebuild without error but not tried burning yet

/home/osboxes/afck/bc-tool/test/gen_perms_caps_labels_stock.sh out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/vendor.PARTITION
                              convert to unsparse...
                              Invalid sparse file format at header magi
                              Failed to read sparse file
                              mount unsparseimg...
                              mount: /home/osboxes/afck/bc-tool/test/vendor.PARTITION: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop14, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
                              dump vendor.PARTITION filesystem...
                              find: getfilecon failed: ‘vendor.PARTITION’: No data available
                              umount: vendor.PARTITION: not mounted.
                              ok!
                              /home/osboxes/afck/bc-tool/test/gen_perms_caps_labels_stock.sh out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/product.PARTITION
                              convert to unsparse...
                              mount unsparseimg...
                              mount: /home/osboxes/afck/bc-tool/test/product.PARTITION: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop14, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
                              dump product.PARTITION filesystem...
                              find: getfilecon failed: ‘product.PARTITION’: No data available
                              umount: product.PARTITION: not mounted.
                              ok!
                              /home/osboxes/afck/bc-tool/test/gen_perms_caps_labels_stock.sh out/amlogic/device/1-2g/img-unpack/system.PARTITION
                              convert to unsparse...
                              mount unsparseimg...
                              mount: /home/osboxes/afck/bc-tool/test/system.PARTITION: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop14, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.
                              dump system.PARTITION filesystem...
                              find: getfilecon failed: ‘system.PARTITION’: No data available
                              umount: system.PARTITION: not mounted.
                              ok!

Comment

wadger
                                Install dependencies
                                Code:
                                sudo apt install android-sdk-libsparse-utils android-sdk-ext4-utils gawk

Comment

Working...
                                X