Android 9 partition repack tool!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

Thanks, i started fresh anyway (Cant hurt) i unpacked an image, and tried to repack it with no changes just to test and it results in a bootloop, the new IMG is around 25MB samller than the original, cant see any errors either, i have attached my terminal in a TXT file, i must be doing something wrong, any advice would be greatly appreciated

File wont attach uploaded to Google Drive
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TKg...ew?usp=sharing

and to try again i would need to run "make clean" and im ready to unpack again?
    What kind of firmware are you experimenting with?

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

What kind of firmware are you experimenting with?
      hi, i am experimenting with the mecool km8 factory 9.0 firmware from https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...-soc-20190315/

Comment

Originally posted by aidanmacgregor View Post

hi, i am experimenting with the mecool km8 factory 9.0 firmware from https://androidtvbox.eu/new-firmware...-soc-20190315/
        They write that google certified firmware is not editable.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post

They write that google certified firmware is not editable.
          Ahh ok no problem, at least I know that that's a dead end now thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this.
            Where can I find init.amlogic.rc file?

Comment

~/afck/bc-tool/vendor/vendor/etc/init/hw/

Comment

edit, i think i got it, thank you for the tool
                Last edited by drakulaboy; 07-31-2020, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by bumerc View Post
                  Thank you!
                  Where do I go to edit the partition size of vendor partition? Its too small on my rom

Comment

build script reads out partition sizes from DTB file, you have to decompile this file, change partition size and compile back to dtb. Or you can try fdtput

Comment

build script reads out partition sizes from DTB file, you have to decompile this file, change partition size and compile back to dtb. Or you can try fdtput
                      The file structure is much different from android 7. Where is the boot.img file?

Comment

and where can i edit .dts or .dtb file if it's extracted

Comment

i saw a thing, so, for example i have the folder /afck/build/amlogic/device/10-amcodec, and if i do make mod-amcodec it won't copy the amcodec file where it belongs because the extracted files are in bc-tool folder, so for example

and if we use the update with bc-tool we need to make the code to look like this, with the BCT.DIR

Last edited by drakulaboy; 08-02-2020, 13:10.

Comment

this file is intended for android 8 build system (project beelink), for android 9 half of this code is unnecessary, e.g. file permissions, this part is done automatically in the bc-tool

Comment

Is there another location or file to decompile to get init.amlogic.rc for system instead of vendor?

I added ballplayer to system/bin/ in order to use mp4 animation and added the location of bootplayer to init.amlogic.rc but it's not working.

instructions we found here:

????
                              ???https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-t3608525/amp/
                              ???

Comment

Working...
                              X