Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesurun S82, Beelink M8 - the same as Tronsmart s89?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those devices the same as Tronsmart vega?

One of them has even 16gb for the price of $100 (incl. shipping)
    Last edited by dankec; 04-19-2014, 20:04.

Originally posted by dankec View Post
    Is this device the same as Tronsmart vega?

http://www.ahappydeal.com/product-177612.html
    It appears to be, but you never know when it comes to HK. It looks like close to the same price as the Geekbuying model, I'd rather be safe and order it from a known vendor. Asiapads also has Beelink generic version of the s89 that has that same 4K logo on top. No idea, looks like an Elite though.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

I have seen a lot of advertising on the Beelink M8. I also think it's the Elite model from TronSmart. Looks like sometimes they change the cover to 2 two tone, hideous IMHO but the specs are impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
        I have seen a lot of advertising on the Beelink M8. I also think it's the Elite model from TronSmart. Looks like sometimes they change the cover to 2 two tone, hideous IMHO but the specs are impressive. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        We suggest to buy the original ones, becase all of the developer sample we ship are the original tronsmart brand. so all of the firmware is base on the tronsmart ones.
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

I've been notified that my Beelink 16GB device has been shipped this afternoon, so I should have it in a few dyas (hopefully). If anyone wants to post a hi-res photo of the circuit board (so it is easy to identify the chips) of a Tronsmart, I'll do the same for the Beelink. So we can compare if they have the same NAND etc.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
            I've been notified that my Beelink 16GB device has been shipped this afternoon, so I should have it in a few dyas (hopefully). If anyone wants to post a hi-res photo of the circuit board (so it is easy to identify the chips) of a Tronsmart, I'll do the same for the Beelink. So we can compare if they have the same NAND etc.
            I already received the 16GB Beelink M8 last week and flashed the finless 1.2 - no problems there.
            The beelink is exactly the same hardware & firmware (100k4 - except the bootup logos etc.) as the tronsmart device. You also get them in 8GB & 16GB versions - so be carefull that they ship the right one.

Bought mine here - free DHL shipping and good price. Got it with 5 days from halfway around the world :

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
              I already received the 16GB Beelink M8 last week and flashed the finless 1.2 - no problems there.
              The beelink is exactly the same hardware & firmware (100k4 - except the bootup logos etc.) as the tronsmart device. You also get them in 8GB & 16GB versions - so be carefull that they ship the right one.

Bought mine here - free DHL shipping and good price. Got it with 5 days from halfway around the world :
              http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pc-l...752324384.html

yup, was your post which prompted me to order mine from same site as well

I'll be adding an external antenna and probably a small fan on top (it's winter here now, but Aussie summers can be fairly hot).

Comment

Oh ok good!
                It does get little hot but not too much in my opinion (thats at +-20degC - 25gegC ambient). Not sure how well these devices handle thermals though. Sometimes ( 1-2 times a day) it crashes with a pop and then just blanks out (freeze) and sometimes it recovers and continues the movie where it left off. Not sure if this is related to the heat though. When it freezes it needs a reboot.
                This is with finless 1.2 & XBMC 04/16 nightly.
                Does Anybody get this problem?

Comment

ok - cracked open my Beelink m8.

16GB Flash (Micron 29F128G08) - suprisingly they use 1 chip - with still one unpopulated site (cheaper I guess).
                  Amlogic S802 With heatsink on top of cpu (As expected)

I'm quite glad I opened it because the IR was completely bent back and remote was always erratic especially when aiming it from an angle upwards to the device - like when i'm laying in the couch.
                  Now it works much better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_073722.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	207.3 KB
ID:	433573Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_073759.jpg
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	433574Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_073912.jpg
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	433575Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_073920.jpg
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	433576Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_073930.jpg
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	433577Click image for larger version

Name:	20140421_074204.jpg
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	433578

Comment

Re: Jesurun S82, Beelink M8 - the same as Tronsmart s89?

Oh ok good!
                    It does get little hot but not too much in my opinion (thats at +-20degC - 25gegC ambient). Not sure how well these devices handle thermals though. Sometimes ( 1-2 times a day) it crashes with a pop and then just blanks out (freeze) and sometimes it recovers and continues the movie where it left off. Not sure if this is related to the heat though. When it freezes it needs a reboot.
                    This is with finless 1.2 & XBMC 04/16 nightly.
                    Does Anybody get this problem?
                    Not getting that with mine but I'm using Tronsmart model. I don't trust those clones, too much risk for barely any price difference.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Only after you've donated to Finless and Neomode are you allowed to donate here.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                      Not getting that with mine but I'm using Tronsmart model. I don't trust those clones, too much risk for barely any price difference.

Yep I was quite nervous when I ordered, but could not resist 4 for $377 and free DHL shipping... The picture showd a 4K no name brand initially but was then shipped the beelink instead - but its still the same thing. Tronsmart has the same PC board version, date etc. The CPU also has the same heatsink so I guess the OEM manufacturer fit those. I don't expect the beelink and tronsmart units to behave any different except maybe less QC checks before shipping, which the vendor did for me before he shipped it.
                      But in the end I agree that its a gamble expecialy if the clones start to arrive with different PC board versions or worse with cloned PC boards with inferior components. For now I think there is a window where they all exactly the same.

Comment

Re: Jesurun S82, Beelink M8 - the same as Tronsmart s89?

Yep I was quite nervous when I ordered, but could not resist 4 for $377 and free DHL shipping... The picture showd a 4K no name brand initially but was then shipped the beelink instead - but its still the same thing. Tronsmart has the same PC board version, date etc. The CPU also has the same heatsink so I guess the OEM manufacturer fit those. I don't expect the beelink and tronsmart units to behave any different except maybe less QC checks before shipping, which the vendor did for me before he shipped it.
                        But in the end I agree that its a gamble expecialy if the clones start to arrive with different PC board versions or worse with cloned PC boards with inferior components. For now I think there is a window where they all exactly the same.
                        I'm not willing to take that risk when I'm dealing with HK I've been burnt soo damn many times before.

Comment

I agree, but I ordered at geekbuying, because I don't like the red part AND I like the engagement of geekbuying (Eric) at this forum, so I can discuss every trouble (if it really exist) directly with him here at the forum
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I'm fairly certain that like the CS918 there is one manufacturer.

I decided on the Beelink as I like the red two-tone colour - it will make it easier to spot the device in my media cabinet, apart from all the other little black boxes

Also Geekbuying were out of stock and not expecting the next shipment for a fortnight and I wanted it sooner than that, before I switch to my new job and may not have a lot of spare time to experiment with my first android media player.

Lokie - thanks for all the photos, I'll post when I antenna and fan mod mine.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
                              I'm fairly certain that like the CS918 there is one manufacturer.

I decided on the Beelink as I like the red two-tone colour - it will make it easier to spot the device in my media cabinet, apart from all the other little black boxes

Also Geekbuying were out of stock and not expecting the next shipment for a fortnight and I wanted it sooner than that, before I switch to my new job and may not have a lot of spare time to experiment with my first android media player.

Lokie - thanks for all the photos, I'll post when I antenna and fan mod mine.
                              Beelink IS OEM brand.
                              The factory is NETXEON, they own the Beelink brand.
                              Tronsmart S89 boards are from NETXEON.

Comment

Working...
                              X