Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesurun S82, Beelink M8 - the same as Tronsmart s89?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
    hiya,

I'm not 100% certain they all are - I was looking on the Beelink web site and there are differences between their round S82 and M8 devices (the M8 supports 802.11a, the S82 does not).

S82: http://www.bee-link.com/en/goods.php?id=54
    M8: http://www.bee-link.com/en/goods.php?id=55

I would like to personally see hi-res pics of the internals of an S82 device to confirm that NAND, wifi etc. chips are identical between the S82 and M8 devices before I updated either devices with the other device's firmware (but I am overly careful with things like that! ).

Does anyone have an S82 they are willing to open and take clear, hi-res photos of please?
    Its the same device. Just different branding.
    I have not found a round device up to now that differs in anyway other than branding. Alliexpress is full of the 4k branded devices (mbox s82). There are many pictures of these boxes internals (including my beelink m8) on the forum. The pcb even refers to s82.

Netxeon is the manufacturer of this round pcb. You can order your own brand with as little as 200 order quantity

Comment

I just wanted to mention that I bought a s802 box from sztomato that has the same internals as both the Tronsmart s89 elite 8gb 2.4ghz and the Beelink one. I also installed every firmware/rom available and found the Beelink one to work the best giving me a Antutu score of 32220. Just though you might want to know.

You can see the pictures I posted in another forum. http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...?f=555&t=74074

Comment

When I flashed the EM8 Tomato ROM on the Tronsmart S89, it bricked it hard! Took me 3 hours to recovery it.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

First I just wanted to thank you Finless for your help with the roms you released for the Transmart S89 elite.
          My box is the Sztomato S82 elite 2.4ghz 8gb. I opened it and compared it to the Transmart S89 and the board was the same including all the chips on the board.
          I installed your first released Transmart update rom and the only thing I noticed that wasn't working was the shutdown feature you added. When I pressed the shutdown button you made it just wold restart the box. I later flashed the updated rom from Beelink for the S82 and once again the problem I noticed was regarding powering off the system with the remote. If the box is turned off with the remote it sleeps and if left off overnight, it just won't turn on with the remote. The only way to turn it on is by pressing the box power button for 10 seconds and then press it once again to turn it on. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Tomato releases two different devices:
            TM8 which is the square one which is same as EMY EM8
            S82 which is the round one which is (at the moment) same as Tronsmart Vega, Beelink M8, MBOX S82...
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              Tomato releases two different devices:
              TM8 which is the square one which is same as EMY EM8
              S82 which is the round one which is (at the moment) same as Tronsmart Vega, Beelink M8, MBOX S82...

that's why I can't understand why a great device like the s89 has problems turning off the device with the remote

Comment

Why? It is only at the market for a few weeks...
                There are more importent problems like e.g. cpu-clocking at the moment...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Guys,

I found S82 about US$93.50 at aliexpress and S89 Elite about US$105.00, this prices include shipping to Brazil.
                  I really want to know if S82 is a good device and if it can be a good option?
                  For me this price diffence is important, because over US$100.00 the goverment tax me, and can be very very expansive, can cost me 50% or 100% over the price...

Comment

Originally posted by dcbasso View Post
                    Guys,

I found S82 about US$93.50 at aliexpress and S89 Elite about US$105.00, this prices include shipping to Brazil.
                    I really want to know if S82 is a good device and if it can be a good option?
                    For me this price diffence is important, because over US$100.00 the goverment tax me, and can be very very expansive, can cost me 50% or 100% over the price...
                    I bought a beelink m8 (same as tronsmart vega s89 standard (16GB)) for $94 a piece (2x device lot) on aliexpress about 3 weeks ago. free DHL shipping to south africa - got it in 5 days!
                    Just be carfull... Always double check with vendor & check order feedback. Its very risky and you might end up with this lol :

In future I would buy from geekbuying rather for peace of mind. I've heard so many horrors on these forums! My oder was originally for the s82 4k (logo) box and ended with the beelink m8 (which was actualy more expensive at the time!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                      I bought a beelink m8 (same as tronsmart vega s89 standard (16GB)) for $94 a piece (2x device lot) on aliexpress about 3 weeks ago. free DHL shipping to south africa - got it in 5 days!
                      Just be carfull... Always double check with vendor & check order feedback. Its very risky and you might end up with this lol :

In future I would buy from geekbuying rather for peace of mind. I've heard so many horrors on these forums! My oder was originally for the s82 4k (logo) box and ended with the beelink m8 (which was actualy more expensive at the time!)
                      I'm sorry the Beelink M8 (rounded) it's better then S82? I'm litle confused now!

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post

Great a fellow South-African!

The Beelink is more expensive than the 4K logo M8.

Awesome news, thinking geekbuying or Aliexpress myself. Geekbuying is pretty good, order a few items from them. Good tracking however long shipping on the items ordered.

What power supply did you order with it for SA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dlangejc View Post
                          Great a fellow South-African!

The Beelink is more expensive than the 4K logo M8.

Awesome news, thinking geekbuying or Aliexpress myself. Geekbuying is pretty good, order a few items from them. Good tracking however long shipping on the items ordered.

What power supply did you order with it for SA?

specify EU power supply. That's the 2 point plug

Comment

Awesome! Thank you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by dcbasso View Post
                              I'm sorry the Beelink M8 (rounded) it's better then S82? I'm litle confused now!
                              exactly the same thing (upt till now). Same PCB from Netxeon (date, version etx.). The FW got some differences but you can load them on each other no prob. (same model 16GB vs 8GB!).

Be carefull though... soon this may change with next run of PCBs (S08-H).

Comment

Does the unit heat up? Rep from Minix mentioned some temperature issues with other brands on the S08, M8 chips. Doubt if it's be excessive but I saw somewhere that they do have some kind of cooling mechanism built in, but if it's hot the unit should randomly crash or hang up, can someone confirm?
                                If a hang state occurs can the firmware possibly cause this malfunction?

Comment

Working...
                                X