Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesurun S82, Beelink M8 - the same as Tronsmart s89?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys first time posting, but i just wanted to add some info. i recently bought a device called mbox s82, that was advertised as a tronsmart s89 elite in the details. today it showed up and i opened it up and it had the exact same internals as the s89 elite. i decided to go ahead and try the finless 1.2 rom, lucky me it worked with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by pincussion View Post
      hi guys first time posting, but i just wanted to add some info. i recently bought a device called mbox s82, that was advertised as a tronsmart s89 elite in the details. today it showed up and i opened it up and it had the exact same internals as the s89 elite. i decided to go ahead and try the finless 1.2 rom, lucky me it worked with no problems.
      Feeling lucky? Me too lol... Got the beelink m8.
      There are clones popping out all over the show.
      there is a small window left before we get brick reports from user of ry ripoff clones with i4004 chips.

Comment

Hi guys, you can be 101% sure these:

Beelink M8

Tronsmart VEGA

All are original. But something I have read from some Freaktab users, can someone show that "Mbox clone"?

I did not see any picture.
        Android TV Box direct from China. English & EspaƱol

Comment

Originally posted by Javimetal View Post
          Hi guys, you can be 101% sure these:

Beelink M8

Tronsmart VEGA

All are original. But something I have read from some Freaktab users, can someone show that "Mbox clone"?

I did not see any picture.
          Yea the mbox is probably the one with 4K logo on the lid (same round shape).
          These round boxes were all released round about the same time. All these round devices that I came across have the Netxeon S82_v2.0_20140304 PCB (as does tronsmart vega s89). The problem is you wont know when the PCB changes for the brands without support. This is escpecialy true when they start shipping with the S802-H CPU by as soon as the end of the month. They might also change the flash chip or wifi module without warning and then the tronsmart roms won't work anymore.

Comment

MBOX S82
            http://www.w2comp.com/detail.asp?catid=74585&Pdtid=744812
            (and at 'alibaba')
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
              Yep - if you ask me its 100% same as tronsmart vega S89 elite.
              But sorry - can not promise you that...
              I bought a 4 from this - its 100% tronsmart vegs s89 standard (16GB) :

Comment

Originally posted by Lokie View Post
                Yep - if you ask me its 100% same as tronsmart vega S89 elite.
                But sorry - can not promise you that...
                I bought a 4 from this - its 100% tronsmart vegs s89 standard (16GB) :
                http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pc-l...752324384.html
                S82 is Netxcon/Beelink no name model.Netxcon makes hardware for tronsmart.Its exacly same device.

Comment

ok, the new firmwares came out for the s82 and the s89. i installed the s89 elite firmware to my Mbox s82 and it ran fine but only got a antutu score of 23k, i check the cpu was only at 1.6ghz. next i installed the s82 firmware and my antutu score is 30k+, check the cpu and i see 1992mhz.
                  Last edited by pincussion; 04-25-2014, 05:29.

Comment

About the other firmwares?

Originally posted by pincussion View Post
                    ok, the new firmwares came out for the s82 and the s89. i installed the s89 elite firmware to my Mbox s82 and it ran fine but only got a antutu score of 23k, i check the cpu was only at 1.6ghz. next i installed the s82 firmware and my antutu score is 30k+, check the cpu and i see 1992mhz.
                    Thanks so much for mentioning that, pincussion. I just purchased the Beelink M8, and it's my first box. It sounds like the s82 firmware is my best option. Can you please tell me if there are any special instructions for loading on the Beelink M8? Do I just follow the instructions exactly?

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get this thing set up.

Comment

please be careful when flashing other device firmware on your device - I can't recall which way it was (with all similar sounding names) but from memory there is a difference with the bootloaders between the square and the round S802 based devices. You could end up bricking your player with the wrong firmware / bootloader.

Comment

from what i've read on the forum i believe it is the "square box" M8 that has the compatibility issues with the s89. it sounds to me like he has the round Bee-link m8 that i have seen people talking about in the forum which shouldn't have a problem. i didn't do anything special to load the firmware, i used the usb method, link below to instructions. Bee-link has the M8 model and the s82 model so i am not sure what would be the best firmware for you. Your best bet would be to ask someone with a lot more knowledge about your model.

There are two ways to update the firmware for tronsmart vega s89 amlogic s802 quad core tv box: 1) SD Card flash method; 2) USB Burning Tool with windows PC to flash; It depends on which firmware you get, if you just get one *.img file, then you should use the burning tool to flash. […]

Comment

The round devices use the same PCB at the moment and so they are compatible (Beelink S82, MBOX S82, Tronsmart S89) (best evidence is pincussion try)
                          Only square devices from e.g. Tomato are incompatible to the round devices (best evidence is Finless try whitch bricks his Tronsmart Vega).
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Yups True
                            If You got Square Box, Do Not Try the Round Model Firmware! not compatible...

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                              Not getting that with mine but I'm using Tronsmart model. I don't trust those clones, too much risk for barely any price difference.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                              all these companies sell MBox clones lol tronsmart and these other "brands" all just stamp their name on and resell them for more. Believe me they all come from the same factory in china. If the memory chips or whatever seem different its probably just cause the main factory used what they had in stock at the time. They charge $600 which is refundable once your order count gets to 500 units. They stamp your logo on the box and also customize the packaging with your design. I might start my own android brand as well since everyone seems to be doing it nowadays lol

for example look at this "tronsmart M8"

I guarantee you its exactly the same unit as my M8 yet they rip people off pretending they build the box.

Heres another by "epassion"

all rebranded Mboxes

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                                The round devices use the same PCB at the moment and so they are compatible (Beelink S82, MBOX S82, Tronsmart S89) (best evidence is pincussion try)
                                Only square devices from e.g. Tomato are incompatible to the round devices (best evidence is Finless try whitch bricks his Tronsmart Vega).
                                hiya,

I'm not 100% certain they all are - I was looking on the Beelink web site and there are differences between their round S82 and M8 devices (the M8 supports 802.11a, the S82 does not).

S82: http://www.bee-link.com/en/goods.php?id=54
                                M8: http://www.bee-link.com/en/goods.php?id=55

I would like to personally see hi-res pics of the internals of an S82 device to confirm that NAND, wifi etc. chips are identical between the S82 and M8 devices before I updated either devices with the other device's firmware (but I am overly careful with things like that! ).

Does anyone have an S82 they are willing to open and take clear, hi-res photos of please?

Comment

Working...
                                X