No announcement yet.

Beelink M8 / S82 vs M8 Box (square)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, I don't know... Foodog, in German I know how I have to call guys like you ('ein auf dicke Hose machen' or 'viel heiße Luft' ), but my English isn't good enough, and believe me, I'm not pissed off... I can only laugh.
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by Foodog View Post
      Folks, there is enough testosterone floating around this thread to make sure every man in the world will have at least one good night,maybe two.

Now really? Was this whole thread about who does a better job of reviewing the XXD3B? Or who writes a better line of BS? Three fourths of the individuals on this thread, have no clue how to spell, write a complete coherent sentence, or know how to use a spell checker. Please note I said there is at least 1/4 who do, so don't get hot under the collar yet. I am sure before I am finished here you will ALL be P1$$3d off at me.

The set top box particularly XBMC related has enough issues on its own. You all know them. broken links, poor resolution, intermittent streaming, a setup that requires a GEEK, to complete. Uh uh, let me finish. Do you honestly believe that this technology can honestly call itself disruptive? Do you understand the term? When Sally (I don't do internet), Jones; Sam, (my secretary (!) does all my typing, Bossman), pick up one of these devices at the local Big Box, TV store, brings it home and sits back to enjoy TV from everywhere with a remote control that WORKS. Then you have something you can waste time being blowhards on. Until then you are sending this technology down a deep black hole.

Until then, how about talking about issues, problem, things that go bump in the night. Don't assume the Engineers in China or wherever will read what you have written so far, they won't. Their eyes will roll up in their heads as they move on to something more substantive.

Have you tried the new firmware? What version? What specifically failed? What did the new firmware break that worked before. What tests have you run. What problems are due to bad feeds, slow internet. Oh yes, what is your REAL (tested) internet speed? Are you using RJ45 or WiFi. What is your end to end LAN speed. Once you start talking this way, engineers will pay attention. Others will pay attention.

This may be deleted because someone may feel it is not relevant. That's fine. I tried.

Judge for yourself, my sentences are complete. My thoughts are defined. My spelling IS correct. OH yes,

What do I know about all this?

My resume tell us that I was employed by Atari when the 800 was being manufactured, Epson America hired me to assist in the design of their Equity series. AST Computers wanted an engineer to manage the Testing Laboratories for Desktops, Laptops and Servers. IBM asked me to launch Chicago. I wrote all my own, documentation and many magazine articles in my early life. appeared as guest speaker lecturer across the country in the late 80's. So yeah, I know what I am talking about.

I came to this site to discover others experiences with AMLogic based devices. I came here to learn from you! But with all the bickering and (R@p being written, I learned that many Geeks are still anal. Want to prove points, and can't take criticism.

So have at it guys, I have to get the knowledge somewhere. As Thomas Edison once said, "Now I know this dosn't work." Sounds like this site, huh?

F@@dog
      I am still scratching my head, trying to figure out why you are posting in this thread.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Foodog View Post
        My resume tell us that I was employed by Atari when the 800 was being manufactured, Epson America hired me to assist in the design of their Equity series. AST Computers wanted an engineer to manage the Testing Laboratories for Desktops, Laptops and Servers. IBM asked me to launch Chicago. I wrote all my own, documentation and many magazine articles in my early life. appeared as guest speaker lecturer across the country in the late 80's. So yeah, I know what I am talking about.
        RANT ON I guess....

Dude, I am not going to bash resume's with you but that does not go back far enough for me!
        Atari 800.... HA! That was like my 5th computer!

I hate guys that have to post "WHAT THEY KNOW AND WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN".
        YES.. the old shit is relevant because here I am doing shit most cannot do because of that old school low level experience!

Anyway... This forum has both extremely talented knowledgeable people, and regular users. So.... GET A GRIP!
        I assume with an Atari 800 you have been around a while and are older?
        I guess you have not learned to filter and read what you need vs going after n00bs?

Welcome to 2014... Some can't spell worth a shit, some don't know shit, some do, some are smarter than we are, some can't spell worth a shit but know more than we ever will! etc....

If your a PHD or something... maybe that explains the rant

Anyway..... relax man... This is a forum where all people talk so you will see and read all kinds of shit! NO NEED to get your panties in a bunch over it!

I am 54 and wont tell you my resume as I don't care to brag or not brag! But all that crap your bitching about... doesn't matter! Or if it does to you.... Maybe your the old crusty pissed off, never happy dude in the corner?

If you ask me, seems someone else is occupying space in your head if your that wound up

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Because its so funny! and Entertaining

Comment

I think he is like me, an old codger that doesn't have a life.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
              I think he is like me, an old codger that doesn't have a life.
              Had to look up codger. The S82 gives life dude!

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                I am still scratching my head, trying to figure out why you are posting in this thread.
                +1

Comment

Another Old codger to join the cue..Been sent a Beelink M8 fairly impressed so far but would to thank like Fin for his roms and expertise.

Comment

It would have been better if you compared the performance, benchmarks, heating, etc. than what seems more of an engineering review.

Nabil
                    <Link removed by Finless as SPAM>
                    Last edited by Finless; 05-28-2014, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by geniebox.ca View Post
                      It would have been better if you compared the performance, benchmarks, heating, etc. than what seems more of an engineering review.

Nabil
                      <Link removed by Finless as SPAM>
                      (Marketing stunt rather)
                      Last edited by Finless; 05-28-2014, 14:53.

Comment

we now know which one is better

Comment

Just found that the 16G version of square box M8 is released. It has external antenna and OTG..

(sorry only found some chinese info ... )

Comment

Originally posted by kikikaka View Post
                            Just found that the 16G version of square box M8 is released. It has external antenna and OTG..

You also find it here

but I don't think it is a 16G version of the square box M8 by ENY (Tomato) ...
                            Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 05-30-2014, 13:10.
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by kikikaka View Post

Its a different motherboard hence different FW ...

Comment

I think the 16GB version of the square box has not been released yet.
                                Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Working...
                                X