Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXIII 2G/8G Not Booting, Please HELP!

Hi all,
    I got this box a week ago just for the sake of using XBMC, enjoyed it for a week and then all of the sudden it stopped working.

Sometimes the power button stays red, sometimes goes blue with no display.

I tried installing a new firmware using both flashing methods: SD card and Amlogic USB_Burning_Tool.
    Nothing happens when trying the SD Card method.

And for only once I was able to have the USB Burning tool to recognize the box then the installation failed. see log here http://pastebin.com/FAkGAEzk.

I have installed MoboRobo on my two win7 computers and my box was recognized in one of them as Worldcup device!!!!

I need your help to get this box back to life, regardless of the firmware version, I spent the last two days reading posts here and there and kept trying without a luck.

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_175704.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	439672Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_203558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	439673Click image for larger version

Name:	20141030_103450.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	439674

Originally posted by Garantita View Post
    Hi all,
    I got this box a week ago just for the sake of using XBMC, enjoyed it for a week and then all of the sudden it stopped working.

Sometimes the power button stays red, sometimes goes blue with no display.

I tried installing a new firmware using both flashing methods: SD card and Amlogic USB_Burning_Tool.
    Nothing happens when trying the SD Card method.

And for only once I was able to have the USB Burning tool to recognize the box then the installation failed. see log here http://pastebin.com/FAkGAEzk.

I have installed MoboRobo on my two win7 computers and my box was recognized in one of them as Worldcup device!!!!

I need your help to get this box back to life, regardless of the firmware version, I spent the last two days reading posts here and there and kept trying without a luck.

Thanks in advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8627[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8630[/ATTACH]

Try Omans 109k4 flash zip in beelink
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
      Try Omans 109k4 flash zip in beelink
      Yeah I tried that!
      I think I have a problem with the box itself or may be the windows driver, no matter what file I try it does not do anything with the SD card method.

Comment

The box in normal operation has blue light on the power button, red light when the device is in off mode.
        Mine most of the time it is red when I try the firmware installation, and randomly goes blue (Very seldom though).

Comment

The box in normal operation has blue light on the power button, red light when the device is in off mode.
          Mine most of the time it is red when I try the firmware installation, and randomly goes blue (Very seldom though).
          what was the last rom you flashed before you got this issue or did this happen with firmware shipped?

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

what was the last rom you flashed before you got this issue or did this happen with firmware shipped?
            It happened with the original firmware.

Comment

Try a different power supply..

-
              Afew days ago my unit s805.. was a blackscreen (blue light was flashing)
              -only when using av-out i noticed.. it was bootlooping
              I changed powersupply.. and it booted
              I always thought if a powersupply failed.. it would just stop giving power
              But in this case.. it gives power.. but not enough to boot the un;t
              -anway.. just a thought.. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                Try a different power supply..

-
                Afew days ago my unit s805.. was a blackscreen (blue light was flashing)
                -only when using av-out i noticed.. it was bootlooping
                I changed powersupply.. and it booted
                I always thought if a powersupply failed.. it would just stop giving power
                But in this case.. it gives power.. but not enough to boot the un;t
                -anway.. just a thought.. goodluck

WOW! Definitely, for some reason the original power supply was not providing enough juice to the box, that is weird since I was getting the red light always, may be not enough current (amps) to get the blue light, since I tested the output voltage and it was 5v.

That being said, the unit is still not booting, I will try loading a firmware and let you guys know.

Comment

Box is still not being detected by my computer, I am using my regular Galaxy S3 data cable, on two different computers with Win7. (I might try installing winXP...)

For SD Card method, I inserted the SD card into its slot, plugged the HDMI, pressed reset button using a toothpick, plugged in the power supply cable, pressed the power button that went red then steady blue, all this while holding the reset button. I don't know for how long I should do that, but when the blue light came in the TV detected signal but stayed blank (black screen).

I don't know how easy this should be, but this guy was struggling with it:

Am I doing anything wrong here? is my box bricked, although I did not flash it or anything.

Comment

Box is still not being detected by my computer, I am using my regular Galaxy S3 data cable, on two different computers with Win7. (I might try installing winXP...)

For SD Card method, I inserted the SD card into its slot, plugged the HDMI, pressed reset button using a toothpick, plugged in the power supply cable, pressed the power button that went red then steady blue, all this while holding the reset button. I don't know for how long I should do that, but when the blue light came in the TV detected signal but stayed blank (black screen).

I don't know how easy this should be, but this guy was struggling with it:

Am I doing anything wrong here? is my box bricked, although I did not flash it or anything.

1.109k4 unzip contents onto sd card
                    2. Toothpick pressing the button then plug in power supply wait about 4 seconds then release toothpick
                    3. it should detect the param script file and start to update the box you will see little green man with a status bar going across
                    4. SD card must have param, recovery.img and zip file 3 file in total
                    5. box will reboot and probably take 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load files

JustMe

Comment

2. Toothpick pressing the button then plug in power supply wait about 4 seconds then release toothpick
                      3. it should detect the param script file and start to update the box you will see little green man with a status bar going across

So is the box supposed to start loading the firmware without a need to press the power button?

I will try that when I get home.

Comment

Box is still not being detected by my computer, I am using my regular Galaxy S3 data cable,
                        have you tried the data cable comes with your MX3 box?

Comment

No luck!

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                          have you tried the data cable comes with your MX3 box?
                          Box came with an OTG cable, and the data cable I am using works fine with my other devices. Do I need to use the OTG cable + regular USB cord as an extension??

Just to recap: my power cable was faulty, I had to replace it (with exactly similar one) to get the unit to power up properly, I tried both the SD Card method and USB Burning Tool.

I have tried 2 computers with Windows 7 and another laptop with Win Xp, still not detecting the box

I feel like both the SD card and the Micro USB slots are dead! unit was working fine for less than a week, and is down for almost a week.

Comment

Omans is for round m8 not the square.

try finless rom from recovery. read the instructions you can get it to start without the computer just put files hes stated on to sdcard and it will flash.

proper drivers needed to be installed for pc flash tool to work 9 times outa 10 those are the issue.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

No luck!

Box came with an OTG cable, and the data cable I am using works fine with my other devices. Do I need to use the OTG cable + regular USB cord as an extension??

in some cases micro usb (otg port) is in deep inside the tv box casing which causes the connection issue...(mini usb connector not sits in perfectly)

its better to try supplied usb cable/adapter !

I had exact same connection problem in Tronsmart s89 box with nokia charger usb cable ...

Comment

Working...
                              X