Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! think ive bricked my mxiii 2GB Box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! think ive bricked my mxiii 2GB Box.

Last week i installed OpenElec which i found in this forum. Worked great but.....
    Last night i put in a usb drive with some XBMC Repo zip files on to install. None of them would install for some reason. Then my box rebooted but did not come on, no blue/black screen, logos or anything.

Spent an hr trying to figure it out but coudlnt so in the end i thought id reinstall finless 2.1 which i had before on my box.

Managed to get into recovery, went to wipre it clean and then it crashed on my. I rebooted again to try to install finless but i cannot get into recovery. No matter what i do all i get is the android logo with a loading line underneath it. Last night it stayed like that for half hr. I tried multiple times but in the end i gave up.

Have i bricked it? anyway to recover it?

Im thinking tonight to download Amlogic USB_Burning_Tool and the latest firmware and attached it to my pc and see if that works. Do you think it will work?

First and most important - do not trust the factory power supply. I have had 2 of 3 go bad at random times. Both causing different problems - one showed blue light and never booted.

After some recent issues with a non-compatable rom, this is how I got my box back to working:

Download proper .img file - not SD card package
    This was the proper factory firmware for mine: http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....re-for_19.html
    If your box is different, search that site.

Download amlogic burning tool - this one worked for me and loaded proper drivers during install: http://www.mediafire.com/download/59ygnplj32s9uh2

Open tool, change language from dropdown
    Begin with no power attached to box.
    Load image file to burning tool. Wait for it to accept. If parse error, try to look for another img.
    Checked options: Erase Flash (force erase all), Erase Bootloader
    Connect USB to micro usb (otg on box) cable (still no power on box)
    Toothpick time - press and hold (still no power applied)
    Connect power cable (keep press and hold of toothpick)
    Press and hold power button (now with toothpick still pressed)
    Burning tool would then recognize and connect.
    Press start on burning tool
    Wait for complete
    Press stop on loader

One other strange thing with mine. The burning tool would only be successful if connected to usb port 1 (first line on burning tool). Any other would result in a fail of some sort. Possibly due to power limitations on secondary usb ports.

The above brought mine back to factory. I was able to load M82_110k4 after.

Hope it helps you.

Comment

yep thats my plan tonight.

That has the latest firmware for my box which is what i want to install. Would you recommend downloading thte firmware from your link then upgrading it from the above link? That or put on finless 2.1 as thats a great rom, had it before and never had a problem with it.

I have upgraded my box in the past as you described but the one problem i had was a driver for my pc to recognise the box (Windows 8.1 64bit) If i remember correctly is was something like a 'worldcup' driver.

Comment

The "worldcup" driver is the proper one.
        I found the only way for recognizing the proper driver was to start usb loader, load .img and be ready to press start. Only then can you apply power and toothpick to mx3.
        If power was applied to mx3 prior to loader, every time I connected usb, windows would load a driver for a mass storage or something.

I would keep with the firmware that you know is factory fresh - i just posted the link to firmware that worked for my particular box.
        Just be sure that it is the .img and not the sd package.

If finless 2.1 worked for you, there should be no reason why you can't put it back on after.
        I liked the finless rom but, if I recall, bluetooth was not active with my box - I have bluetooth keyboard.

FYI - figuring the latest would be the best, I did try the latest 112k4 for my box and failed each time. 108k4 loaded fine and I sideloaded 110k4 after.

Good luck.

Comment

I know this thread is kind of old but it looked like I may be able to get some help with my MXiii S802 box here. Not sure how I bricked it but the blue light will come on and stay on but it won't boot. When connected to tv it doesn't even show up as a source. Been trying to unbrick using the USB Burning Tool, but I can't get it to recognize the box even though the Worldcup driver is installed. I even tried another power supply from a new Mxiii. Any ideas would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind trying the short pin route, but I'm not sure which pins to short for the Mxiii.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post
            I know this thread is kind of old but it looked like I may be able to get some help with my MXiii S802 box here. Not sure how I bricked it but the blue light will come on and stay on but it won't boot. When connected to tv it doesn't even show up as a source. Been trying to unbrick using the USB Burning Tool, but I can't get it to recognize the box even though the Worldcup driver is installed. I even tried another power supply from a new Mxiii. Any ideas would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind trying the short pin route, but I'm not sure which pins to short for the Mxiii.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
            @dkholm56

Try the following, i just posted it to someone else who has a bricked device etc...

Firmware from Tronsmart 115k4

Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

Even try uninstalling and reinstalling the USB burning tool and restart your windows machine and do reinstall etc... has been known to be corrupt or try another version.... or try installing via toothpick method.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

RemiX 115k4 Rom is really good as well on that box...

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...om-remix-115k4

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

Another note... I run OpenElec 5.95.5.2 (excellent and no Android just Kodi) on that box...

So far only versions 5.0.8 / 5.95.3.4 and 5.95.5.2 with Kodi 15.2-rc3 work well

Select the S82 arm version and download in zip format and 3 files on sd etc toothpick method

I hope the info above helps you get a resolution so your box is up and running again, good luck

Comment

Great suggestions...I'll give them a try. I think if I can get USB Burning Tool to see the device, I can probably get it back to a bootable state. Right now the blue light comes on and stays solid unless turned off but but it isn't even detected by my TV when connected to HDMI. it won't show up in USB tool at all. I'm even willing to try shorting the pins but I don't know which pins to short for this box. Do you by chance know which pins to short to get it to show up in the USB Tool?
              thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by dkholm56 View Post
                Great suggestions...I'll give them a try. I think if I can get USB Burning Tool to see the device, I can probably get it back to a bootable state. Right now the blue light comes on and stays solid unless turned off but but it isn't even detected by my TV when connected to HDMI. it won't show up in USB tool at all. I'm even willing to try shorting the pins but I don't know which pins to short for this box. Do you by chance know which pins to short to get it to show up in the USB Tool?
                thanks again for your help.
                I've never shorted the pins personally, I've always managed to connect my MXIII 2G by holding the reset button with a toothpick in the A/V port whilst pressing the ON button on the MXIII, as soon as it powers ON, within a second I let go of the toothpick followed a fraction later by the power button and the USB software picks the MXIII up as HUB3 or HUB7 for example. I run/open the USB Burning tool first on my PC, then when its all opened up and running on the desktop, I can then go about connecting the MXIII box to the PC. Using this method, I let the USB software program pick the box up first and assign it a HUB number, to make sure all is connected and ready for flashing

Comment

Can please someone help me? Im new to this forum, so I dont know if I am right here... I've bought a "OTT MXIII 2G/8G" Android TV Box..I wanted to install OpenElec on it, but recognized that it wont support the ap6330 wifi chip. Then I tried many many firmwares out there, but none of them would let my wifi work again. So here is my question: Does anyone know, which firmware I can now use, so that the Wifi works? The best thing would be, if there is a possibility of installing just OpenElec which supports this device with this wifi chip, because thats what I intended when buying this device. But also would be OK, if theres a stock firmware which works.. I'm really desperate because I searched for weeks now with no success.. Hope I'll find someone who already solved this problem :/

Ah PS: The On/Off Button isnt supported either with the firmwares I tried.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X