Beelink S82 / Tronsmart S89/S89H / VissonTech S82 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink S82 / Tronsmart S89/S89H / VissonTech S82 firmware

Hi, I'm new here.... I made firmware for devices from title. It's sdcard install only.

Before everything else:

- XBMC

When going from firmware which is not mine and you do not wipe your data, existing XBMC 14.0-ALPHA1 will stay installed because it's newer version. My XBMC (13.1 + patches for Amlogic M8) uses AMLCodec, not external media player and works ok on 1080p and 720p. To install my version of XBMC go to Settings, Apps and remove XBMC (and MX Player because you will not need it anymore). After that download my XBMC (Android 4.4.2 version) from http://www.stane1983.com/downloads/ (XBMC tab) and install it.

- Standby/wakeup via IR

I'm not sure what is the reason, but after install and if you press power off (standby) on IR remote front led stays blue, press side power button and hold it untill led goes off. After that power it back on and power button on remote should work normally.

Version 20140915

Changelog:
    • Based on Amlogic SDK 2014-08-23
    • Kernel 3.10.54
    • Stability improved, tested against MXiii 2Gb device (thanx to Oman)
    • Solved random freezes on new batch devices (thanx to Oman to pointing out what could be the problem)
    • Root implementation changed to Koush / Cyanogenmod 11 implementation, there is no Superuser app anymore, however, Superuser list and settings are available trough Android settings
    • New button mapping:
      • MEDIA - Starts XBMC or SPMC or Amlogic native player (in that order, which is found as installed)
      • MUSIC - Starts default music player
      • WEB - Starts web browser - Chrome, Chrome Beta, Dolphin Browser, Dolphin Browser Mini, Firefox, Opera, Opera Mini and Android browser (in that order, which is found as installed)
    • More permissions - Google Play related (saw comment that some apps shows they are incompatible with device)
    • File browser (native one) - Back button behavior changed, now it goes one folder up until reaches starting point, after that asks if you want to close File Browser
    • Some fullscreen apps (XBMC, SPMC, Antutu Benchmark 5...) are now in whitelist and will not show warning on top of screen when launched. I cannot add all apps, just added apps that are known for that issue

That's pretty much it for now, enjoy and leave some feedback

Download: Link

Beta test version 20140906

This is Beta version, should work on new devices too. For testing only. Antutu score is strange, my device heats more (maybe subjective opinion).

All kind of feedback needed!

Download: Link Link 2 (stane1983.com)

Version 20140713

Changes:
    • Recovery screen fixed (if installing from USB, won't be vissible on first install)
    • Boot splashscreen fixed
    • Implemented Yahoo weather provider into settings and launcher
    • Small redesign of OTA app and English language corrections
    • Video player - English translation fixes
    • Video player - added outline to subtitles
    • Video player - maximum subtitle size increased to 48
    • Video player - under subtitle settings you can choose encoding language for subtitles (needs restart of Video player)
    • Video player - fixes - subtitle position, font color etc. are now saved, not lost on each restart

Version 20140712

General info:
    • Latest Amlogic sources (2014-06-30)
    • Kernel upgraded to 3.10.48
    • Dolby decoding
    • Pre-rooted (SuperSU)
    • XBMC Gotham 13.1 with all patches for Amlogic M8 platform preinstalled
    • Core Google apps (Google services and Playstore app, rest of it install from Playstore )
    • Real suspend/resume with ir remote
    Thanx to:
    • Oman for sharing info about board and supplying few patches
    • XBMC team and myself for preparing XBMC for M8 platform

Cheers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stane1983; 09-14-2014, 23:57. Reason: Notes
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Well done,U run so fast..

BTW,Tronsmart s82 doesnt exit,their name is Tronsmart Vega s89/s89H.
    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

First feedback with S802B (witout any configuration, just pure fw):

XBMC: works ok, except the following files found on http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

Matrix mkv 480p xvid as l5 1mbps he aac
      - stuttering, nok

Monsters mkv 1080p h264 high profile 4.1 10mbps dts
      - no sound

hddvd mkv 1080p vc1 ap l3 18mbps ac3
      - stuttering, no sound

SYSTEM:

- With this fw I cannot switch my TV off. After pressing power off on remote box goes to standby, led is still blue, but my TV is switching on by itself.

- I cannot choose my Location (any other location except Chinese).

Comment

In my opinion,this FW run a little more fast than ours with new kernel and source(06/30),and the launcher slow animation is fixed.Stan is the one contributing to XBMC related AML,4k video playing is added by him.

Stan didnt notice some details ,even no addition some LOGO/Boot animation for himself,Just build from the AML original SDK.I believe he will improve step by step.

And I hope stan ,you can release the Linux XBMC..even it has some bugs.WE dont care
        Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

well done it's nice to see people contributing new roms
          Thank you

Comment

Tried you build... fantastic... only one problem is my remote doesn't work... I'm using a USB keyboard so that's OK for now... thanks for all your work

Comment

Hi stane .. I have two question:

- Is this rom full wipe or will you maintain data?

- Since you are the xbmc guy .. could you fix the shutdown button on xbmc main screen (home.xml) in confluence:
              find: <onclick>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</onclick>
              edit: <onclick>Quit</onclick>
              The second query via ShutdownMenu is really not necessary (unless you know a good reason to have that). I do think that all will benefit.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by daniello9 View Post
                Hi stane .. I have two question:

- Is this rom full wipe or will you maintain data?

- Since you are the xbmc guy .. could you fix the shutdown button on xbmc main screen (home.xml) in confluence:
                find: <onclick>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</onclick>
                edit: <onclick>Quit</onclick>
                The second query via ShutdownMenu is really not necessary (unless you know a good reason to have that). I do think that all will benefit.

:-)
                Hi,

will update XBMC, good point
                full wipe is done only if you're installing from sdcard (commands for wipe are written in factory_update_params.aml) using reset button. If from OTA app, then no (only if you select it).

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                  Hi,

will update XBMC, good point
                  full wipe is done only if you're installing from sdcard (commands for wipe are written in factory_update_params.aml) using reset button. If from OTA app, then no (only if you select it).

Thanks already for fixing xbmc .. saves me some time :-)

About flashing .. I am somewhere in between the two options:

I adb reboot recovery and flash the zip from ext sdcard. So I don't need the .aml and I don't do OTA.
                  How must I go about testing your rom version if I don't want data to be wiped?

Comment

Originally posted by daniello9 View Post
                    Thanks already for fixing xbmc .. saves me some time :-)

About flashing .. I am somewhere in between the two options:

I adb reboot recovery and flash the zip from ext sdcard. So I don't need the .aml and I don't do OTA.
                    How must I go about testing your rom version if I don't want data to be wiped?
                    Just remove .aml file from sdcard and flash update from recovery w/o wiping data

Back button on remote acts as select in recovery.
                    Last edited by stane1983; 07-14-2014, 14:52. Reason: Back button option in recovery added

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                      Just remove .aml file from sdcard and flash update from recovery w/o wiping data

Back button on remote acts as select in recovery.

thx .. will give it a go as soon as the version with "Quit" is out :-)

Comment

Big thanks for having another developer creating ROMS for these little boxes

If you are building and customizing XBMC would you also consider integrating the work done by Margro to speed up the channel switching speed for Live TV plugins?

Study Association E.T.S.V. Scintilla, for Electrical Engineering (EE) at the University of Twente (UT)

On windows this makes a huge difference to the usability and interface of XBMC for Live TV.

Just putting it out there

Comment

Just installed this Rom and everything looks good, apart from if I put the device in standby it won't come back out. The blue light stays on and you have to pull the power plug.
                          Any way of fixing this, is it a setting somewhere ?

Thanks.

Comment

really excited to see you on here stane! I've been stalking your contributions on amlogic xbmc and xbmc development on github since I've purchased my device.
                            @ยต$ł!Ω

Comment

will this rom work on the round beelink m8? ( Thinking maybe all roms should have a statement of m8 round or m8 square for releases i can see some bricks happening lol)
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X